Atypon Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atypon Systems Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atypon Systems.

Interview

First round was a phone screening interview. Second round consisted of assignment questions which would typically take 3 days of full time paid work. The third round consists of face to face with 4 people for a total of 4 hrs.

Interview Questions

• 1) Lots of scenario based questions that you would typically encounter in a project management role. 2) Questions that ask about your suitability for the role 3) Leadership testing questions   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Contacted by aone of the Atypon project manager for a brief phone screen. At the end of the interview, she told me that as a pre requisite they've some exercises for all candidates to complete as part of the interview process. The materials consist of a project timeline exercise, 9 situational questions, and a few slides. 3 different google documents . Looking at the reviews on glassdoor I decided not to waste my time as mostly these folks are thinking that we are still in school to appear at no cost and perform excersizes for them so that they can levergare those thinking .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atypon Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with Technical Recruiter. Usual questions. Recruiter was easy to talk to , and I was moved on to the next step which is a many hour exercise to create a Project Plan based on a scenario, create PowerPoint presentation based on a challenge in your work career, and answer 9 scenario questions that require a paragraph or two response per each.

This pre-work takes hours of time. Once submitted, no feedback. A lot of effort goes into this and nothing. Follow-up emails, eventually yields a generic "we decided to not proceed further with your application. " This was really an overall unpleasant job hunting experience.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a Project Plan with groups in different time zones and show you can apply different calendars to each group.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atypon Systems in August 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Contacted by a Atypon project manager for a brief phone screen. At the end of the interview, told me they've some exercises for all candidates to complete as part of the interview process. The materials consist of a project timeline exercise, 9 situational questions, and a few slides. I spent the entire weekend completing them and sent them back.

It's been more than 2 weeks and so far I hear absolutely nothing - Not a quick 'we received it'; not a next step. it's like shouting into an abyss.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atypon Systems in August 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, and was contacted by email by a Project Manager to set up a phone screen. That was a pretty typical experience , but the end was not. The next step in the process was a assignment (Work that you would normally be compensated for) that consisted of you making assumptions and creating a PP based on some information provided along with a 1 page support document, presentation on a difficult experience (5-6 slides), and a 9 question "what would you do" challenge (Included in that is also creating a Kickoff agenda, and RACI Matrix). I do not see any of these assignments as something that is just thrown together in a few hours, and to take away from a paying job to complete, seems a bit off to me. How would they feel if they knew one of their employees was spending time and using their resources to complete work for another company, for a job they may not get? I think there is a better way to assess talent, and I hope they find it. The job search process is daunting enough to mentally drain you, and to add that on top of work/life makes a very stressful time. Homework is the last thing someone is looking for.

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Atypon Systems in July 2017.

Interview

Two 30-minute interviews, two mini-assignments, two more time-intensive projects, and two hours spent in the office meeting the team—OVER 7 WEEKS—all to be denied in the end without any explanation whatsoever.

Pretty sweet deal they have running for themselves with all these interviewees effectively working for free.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember any questions as this happened over three months ago. They asked usual scenario-based questions, and what sort of work I liked the best.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Atypon Systems in May 2017.

Interview

I saw a job posting and applied online. A few days later, I received an email that they were interested and we arranged a time for a phone interview. The phone screen was done by an employee in a position like the one for which I was applying rather than by someone from HR. The phone screen was not unusual or challenging.

A few hours later I received an email saying that I had passed the phone screen and needed to do a homework assignment consisting of three tasks: answering about ten situational questions about how I would handle various issues that would arise on a project; building a project plan in MS Project based on a written project description and some task estimates and dependencies; and preparing a PowerPoint slide deck describing a difficult scenario I had faced and what I did to resolve it. The homework assignment was interesting to do.

I completed and submitted the assignment. About a week later, they informed me that they were no longer considering me.

Interview Questions

• Q: The customer is screaming that the quality of the service/product has been dropping. They point to tickets that have been open for weeks and they have not been resolved. What do you do?   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atypon Systems (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Call interview . A existing PM called me on the scheduled date and asked basic questions about my current role. The PM was very pleasant. I was asked to do an exercise related to PM's work post the call. It was easy and related to the work I used to do. Didn't hear back afterwards

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Atypon Systems (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

IT WAS BIZARRE. THE CONVERSATION LASTED FOR 4 MINUTES. It was a phone interview. After a few intro remarks, in less than 5 mins into the conversation the interviewer ended the call saying good luck with your search and bye bye.

Interview Questions

• You seem have held four positions in the previous company   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Atypon Systems (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacts me that they want to phone screen me for a Senior Java Developer role. That was the level of information about the role that was provided. I went onto their website and read up on what they detailed as a Senior Java Developer.

I get a meeting invite for a technical phone call scheduled the next afternoon. The call starts 10 minutes late into a 30 minute reserved block, and then immediately starts rattling through low-level programmer questions as if the interviewer was reading from a Stack Overflow thread. I ask follow-up clarifying questions in order to appropriately scope my answers and try to apply some relevant context. My questions are not answered, but rather responded to with dismissal laced with a negative tone to the effect of "stop wasting my time".

The role was not for what I would consider a Senior Java Developer role. There were no questions into design, collaboration, testing, engineering trade-offs, or architecture. It was for nothing more than a programmer job.

Even though I was completely turned off to the role after 3 minutes, I kept answering these questions for 15 minutes simply because I had agreed to the phone screen. For the last 5 minutes of the call, I was rewarded by the interviewer to receive feedback on how I answered his questions and how I should study and rehearse my answers, and reapply in a few months. There was no need to correct him that they reached out to me.

At this point, my 30 minutes with this arrogant, delusional interviewer was finally complete.