Atypon Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.3

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Atypon Systems (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

IT WAS BIZARRE. THE CONVERSATION LASTED FOR 4 MINUTES. It was a phone interview. After a few intro remarks, in less than 5 mins into the conversation the interviewer ended the call saying good luck with your search and bye bye.

Interview Questions

• You seem have held four positions in the previous company   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Atypon Systems (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacts me that they want to phone screen me for a Senior Java Developer role. That was the level of information about the role that was provided. I went onto their website and read up on what they detailed as a Senior Java Developer.

I get a meeting invite for a technical phone call scheduled the next afternoon. The call starts 10 minutes late into a 30 minute reserved block, and then immediately starts rattling through low-level programmer questions as if the interviewer was reading from a Stack Overflow thread. I ask follow-up clarifying questions in order to appropriately scope my answers and try to apply some relevant context. My questions are not answered, but rather responded to with dismissal laced with a negative tone to the effect of "stop wasting my time".

The role was not for what I would consider a Senior Java Developer role. There were no questions into design, collaboration, testing, engineering trade-offs, or architecture. It was for nothing more than a programmer job.

Even though I was completely turned off to the role after 3 minutes, I kept answering these questions for 15 minutes simply because I had agreed to the phone screen. For the last 5 minutes of the call, I was rewarded by the interviewer to receive feedback on how I answered his questions and how I should study and rehearse my answers, and reapply in a few months. There was no need to correct him that they reached out to me.

At this point, my 30 minutes with this arrogant, delusional interviewer was finally complete.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Atypon Systems in February 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, one of the existing TPM contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. The interviewer was quite rude, questions were not clear and ended the call with an abrupt excuse.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Atypon Systems (Rochester, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One of the weirdest interviews ever! (Not in a good way)
    Firstly, the interview was scheduled abruptly. Even after giving my schedule, the interviewer did not bother understanding my situation and scheduled the interview as per his convenience.
    Got a phone screen first, it was scheduled for 30 mins, but got the call 10 mins late. so the screening was sort of rushed. But then the interviewer asked me to come for an in-person interview. This was also abruptly scheduled. The interviewer did not give me a proper location/number i could call incase I was stuck or couldn't find the place etc. Anyway, after looking for 20 mins, I finally found the place inside a building with no room numbers what so ever! After asking a few people, I got to their "office". it just had 2 people and that's it!
    the interview started off with a game design question and then coding. Never asked me about my background, interests nothing. I dont think he was interested in knowing anything about me. The interviewer gave me the code and just went inside his room for 2 hours. He came outside once, saw my code, gave me some vague suggestions and went away. This went on for 2.5 hours. It was really frustrating, because there was no one to discuss the problem with, my assumptions, my thinking nothing.
    When he finally came out, he wanted to lecture me and basically point flaws at everything I did.
    And it wasn't just me, but he did to 3-4 more of my classmates. So it was clear maybe wasn't even looking to hire. Just wanted to get people to his office and put them down sort off!
    If I don't get through interviews I atleast try to learn from those experiences and improve on them in future. This wasn't one of them!
    I would highly suggest you stay away from this one!!

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Atypon Systems (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Put it simply, the interview process was a joke, a bad one. After around 3 months of sending the CV, someone without properly identifying himself sends me an email message to ask if I was still interested in the position. Although my intuition told me to say no, I said yes.

Without any further questioning, they told me I need to perform some tests (I would rather call them tasks). It includes checking one of their instances and provide feedback to improve the platform. Sounds like a free lunch ... for them. At this point I'm not interested anymore in the company but rather in the weird selection process, so I go on and I prepare a list. The next day, before sending the tasks another person contacts me via email and communicates that previous set of tasks, sorry tests, was a incorrect and that I had to do something else. Great! All the time spent in the first set was a waste of time. The new set of tasks, sorry tests, was even more unrelated to the position I had applied for. At this point, I decided to escalate and I replied telling that I was not interested in a position of PM that included to perform such tasks. Then, the first guy calls me and attempts to justify why the second set of tests were appropriate for the position. I conceded a point and agreed to complete the second tests. When completed, I sent them over and we scheduled a phone conference. During this phone conference, more technical questions were asked but these were not related whatsoever with neither the second or first set of tasks.

The inevitable question is, if they do not care to show any degree of professionalism towards candidates, how they behave towards employees.

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Atypon Systems in January 2015.

Interview

I am a recent college grad and I applied to this company thru an agency. The interviewer called me 15 mins late and started throwing technical questions. At the end, he hinted that they are looking for someone with a deeper knowledge and understanding of front end development and how a browser works

Interview Questions

• what happens when you type in an address in a browser? What does the browser do?   1 Answer
    • difference between get and post methods   Answer Question
    • how does a browser render a HTML document?   Answer Question

Java Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atypon Systems (Athens (Greece)) in November 2016.

Interview

Technical interview over the phone. The test covered general Java Questions (Collections, Threads, Inheritance), Sql Questions and two exercises. The difficulty of the questions was escalating begining from easy to moderate. Mind the exercises because I believe they are the catalyst in order to proceed to the next step.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atypon Systems (Prague (Czech Republic)) in October 2016.

Interview

The WORST interview I had EVER!
    The interviewer was late 10 minutes, and started a selfish discussion. Didn't say much about the product they are working on. Didn't tell anything about the company structure and the company itself. All the technical questions he gave, was exactly the ones to show his personal "selfishness", and to "kill" the candidate in the beginning if the answers didn't meet his personal vision, which should match his personal vision in exact words. Otherwise, it is a not correct answer.
    The most negative experience I have ever had after the interview!

Front-End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Atypon Systems.

Interview

Skype call with an employee, followed by a Skype call with a Senior Developer. Very technical and general questions. A fresh college graduate would do great. The first interviewer was easy-going and friendly. The second one asked very theoretical questions taken directly from Github or Stackoverflow and had a negative attitude.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you enter a url in the address bar?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amman (Jordan)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Atypon Systems (Amman (Jordan)) in February 2014.

Interview

It takes 5 hours with logic questions related to the common sense, OO principles, data structure and multi-threading the interview wasn't really hard but it did require some self confidence.