Auction Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Auction Direct

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auction Direct (Victor, NY).

Interview

Phone screen, sales assessment test, in-person interview. They send you a link to an online Sales assessment test. It was long - about 75 or more multiple choice questions. I started to complete it on my phone but the screen was too small. I was able to log out and log back in. They won't let you interview or hire you unless you pass. I guess I did okay because they brought me in. I interviewed with a couple sales managers. Seemed nice at the time. Didn't try to ask really hard questions - just straight forward ones. Store looks good - a lot of customers while I was there so I got a feel for the atmosphere. They told me there are 300 cars on the lot so finding one the customer likes should be easy. Really pushed that you need to sell a minimum amount of cars each month - up system and access to internet customers.

Interview Questions

• When you don't make a sale, who or what do you usually blame?   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Auction Direct.

Interview

Quick when they are hard up for people, and they always seem to be. The place is the puppy mill of the car business and has a high turn over, financially the place appears to be a house of cards. When the General manager brings up "if you heard we are going bankrupt" during the interview for no reason you have to question why.

Negotiation

Quick

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auction Direct (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Was referred to Richard, Gen Sales Mgr. and since I had purchased 2 cars personally prior to application, but had 35 years of high-end Sales & Mktg. but no car sales experience. That really helped and I was very open to new Experiences, so I did well. Basically, do you really want to work here? Give me an example of going the extra mile for the customer by you during a difficult sale?

Interview Questions

• Can you work long, sometimes monotonous hours, and what's your follow-up habits like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auction Direct (Victor, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Informal and informative. They let you know how their process is different and make it seem easy to sell cars. Pay plan is discussed in full as well as benefits. They asked a few questions and over not that tough. They try to have every Sales Manager meet with you during the interview.

BDC Representative- Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victor, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Auction Direct (Victor, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was normal I guess. Typical go over my resume and stuff about me and my skills. She did go over in detail what the job entails pretty throughly. I got the idea that she didn't want to waste any of our times by telling me the pay and hours right in the beginning.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auction Direct in September 2011.

Interview

For the Sales Consultant position it was a standard interview process and not a difficult type or stressful interview. Standard questions being asked and a review of your resume. Interviewed with 2 Sales Mgrs and the General Mgr all on the same day. Found afterwards that all three need to approve you prior to being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a difficult question. The typical tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, questions based from your past experience/s, etc   Answer Question