Auction Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Auction Direct CEO D. Todd Hoagey
D. Todd Hoagey

1. "Excellent Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Buyer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Buyer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Auction Direct full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for Auction Direct for nearly nine years. Auction Direct believed in my possibilities when other wouldn't at the time. This company allows you to make to make your position here all it can be. Auction Direct recognizes and rewards a strong work ethic. It is little tolerance for those that don't care or for those who are not eager to show their worth and grow. What company has time for that?

Cons

It's a small company - so there can be challenges at times. Of course, this is also a positive in many ways. Communication is the key to overcome any issue and this company promotes open communication!

Advice to Management

Keep working to be smarter in decision making. You're on the RIGHT TRACK!

Apr 26, 2017 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for chiming in. This means a lot coming from a tenured employee.

2. "Great Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - BDC Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - BDC Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Auction Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company for two years and can not see myself as working anyplace else! My fellow employees are like family and management has been nothing but encouraging and supportive in both my professional and person al life.

Like myself I have seen many people start at entry level positions and are groomed into management positions. Great place to come for advancement, job satisfaction and the wonderful feeling of truly helping people.

Cons

None that I can think of.

May 1, 2017 – Human Resource Director

Auction Direct has a unique culture and customer focused sales process. We prefer to promote from within as a means of developing people, and to ensure our culture is preserved and championed by our ... More

3. "Sales Associate/ Consultant position"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Auction Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Process at Auction Direct USA makes the job of a sales person very efficient. Knowing that I can focus on really helping a customer and not having to worry about price negotiation improves my quality of customer service. Talk about a company that allows the sales associate to self advertise their brand and drum up self business. Sales Associates write their own pay checks. Think about it! The GM takes ownership of the orientation of new hires. Hand on GM

Cons

My experience working for a company like Auction Direct is that we are one big family. We have to deal with the super ego, egocentric, or family member who likes to shout at everyone.

Advice to Management

No advice to management. I will focus my attention on sales.

Apr 26, 2017 – Human Resource Director

Great to hear from our "family" down south! Personnel in all departments help train new sales hires - so they understand what they need to do and how their actions affect their co-workers ... More

4. "Used Auto Sales"

I have been working at Auction Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer a great pay plan per unit. Friendly work environment. Benefit of working your own leads rather than outside company.

Cons

There is very little training for their first time hires. You get thrown to the Wolves and see if you can fend for yourself.

Advice to Management

Give sales employees more opportunity to develop skills. Advance social media presence.

Mar 20, 2017 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for your feedback! We are currently formalizing our new hire training program as well as expanding our on-going sales training opportunities. The Auction Direct Academy, comprised of ... More

5. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Victor, NY

I have been working at Auction Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None everything sucked and poor management

Cons

Everything from hours to management, they don't even have training

Apr 26, 2017 – Human Resource Director

I'm sorry to hear our sales position and environment weren't a match for you. A good fit is essential for success in any company.

6. "Best Place I have Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Victor, NY

Pros

Pay is great if you can understand how to make the system work for you and don't mind working hard. Managers are all knowledgeable in getting deals bought and coaching closing techniques. Alan, the General Manager, is the most stand-up guy I've had the pleasure of working for. If you work hard and produce, they work with you on schedule changes, doctor's appointments and sick days. No hassle/no haggle atmosphere takes 90%of the difficulty out of the sales process. They want you concentrated on HAPPY customers, not just SOLD customers.

Cons

Long hours, need to manage time well or you won't succeed. Survival of the fittest as they hire on during peak season and cut the failing employees in the down season. Job is demanding and you have to keep your spirits up and follow the process with all customers no matter what else is going on in your life. If you can't compartmentalize, this is NOT the job for you. If you can't take rejection, don't do this.

Advice to Management

Barely any. They give out great spiffs, have fun competitions and have engaging company activities like holiday parties and fund raising events for charity.

7. "Receptionist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Auction Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, most everyone is friendly, good starting pay for position, no micro managing, very laid back atmosphere, promoted from within.

Cons

Definitely not enough money to live off of. The guys can be perverts, taking time off can be a bit hard b/c it is just 2 of you. The job can be extremely unproductive. Expected to sit all/ most of the day. The hours given limit your breaks. It is best not to take a break at all. If you do, it will cut into you regular hrs. Not a lot of opportunity for growth.

Advice to Management

Consider gettin an on call receptionist. Adjust shifts for valid break times that won't cut into regular pay.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Salesperson in Victor, NY
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Victor, NY

I have been working at Auction Direct full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Auction Direct for over 5 1/2 years it is not run like a regular car dealership but more like a regular business. People are treated fairly and with respect and you have the ability to make a lot of money working here. You kind of control what you make based on the effort you put in. Benefits are good people are friendly and I have worked side by side with the same people for a long time. Coming from traditional car dealerships this atmosphere is so much better I could never go back to a traditional dealer.

Cons

You have to work every other Sunday other then that nothing

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing thanks for the parties and events you have throughout the year !!!

Mar 22, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Thanks for your thoughtful review and highlighting that our atmosphere is the complete opposite that of a traditional dealer!

9. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Victor, NY

I have been working at Auction Direct full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Largest inventory of used vehicles under one roof makes it a very easy place to sell. Started with no sales experience and have been here going on 4 years now and I love it.

Cons

Every job has there ups and downs. But at the end of the day there are far more ups than downs.

10. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

I have been working at Auction Direct (More than 3 years)

Pros

Energetic atmosphere with fun and friendly staff! Feel welcome right when hired. Company always looking to improve...now offer CPO used cars - easy to sell! Lots of fun events and awards. Promote from within. Employee discounts on vehicles for friends and family members.

Cons

May be a far drive for those who live on west side of city - but worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the recognition and appreciation - we work hard!

Mar 18, 2016 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for your positive review! Our dealerships are full of friendly people who make our new hires feel welcome - it is part of our culture and why we succeed. Our general managers understand ... More