Austin Commercial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Austin Commercial Interview Questions

Interviews at Austin Commercial

2.5

Internship Interview

Interview

relaxed behavioral interview where they wanted to get to know me and make sure I was a good fit at the company. They asked about previous work experience as well.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (College Station, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair and had a 15 minute interview for the job. They were friendly and eager to talk. I was interested in getting experience towards the field and they had just what I wanted. I didn't receive very many details about what the internship entailed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Austin Commercial.

Interview

Met them on campus and spoke with them regarding my interests, they were friendly and eager to speak with me, explained to me more about the type of work they do, interview process was simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

This was a fairly laid back interview. Much of the time was spent getting to know the company and interviewee. Very standard to easy questions were asked. The company seemed very solid and it is a huge bonus that they are employee owned.

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with numerous Project Managers and the Foreman. Most questions were designed to understand work ethic and general intelligence. Was an enjoyable and organized process and a great company to work for who truly values their employees.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked with any heavy machinery or had any experience/skills that would translate to specific roles on the workplace.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

I met the company at college career fair. Later they called and scheduled an interview. I met them at the Dallas office with two other people. We each interviewed with 3 different employees for roughly 30 minutes each. We interviewed with 2 before lunch then we went out to lunch in a casual environment then interviewed one after lunch.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, the different candidates went through your resume and had you explain anything they thought stood out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Sacramento, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I contacted corporate HR personnel via university alumni job board. We met shortly thereafter in 1:1 interview and discussed qualifications, expectations, company policies, training, benefits,etc. It was a relatively informal process with this particular HR professional. The interview centered more around cultural fit and basic qualifications, rather than in-depth knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how you eventually resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew what I wanted, and when they offered lower, I asked for more and explained why. They met my request.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online through Austin Commercial career website, followed up the position through the networking in LinkedIn by contacting HR , recruiters and Project Managers in the location where there is position. Face to Face friendly one , they go through my resume and asked basic questions. Overall Interview process took 45 min.

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Project Manager and Area Manager took my interview. It was a nice discussion. The person who took my interview is my boss to date. The interview went on for at least 3 hours and it was a fruitful conversation

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Dallas, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Basically describe what you can do for the company and your current skill sets. Then talk about how they both come together and will give you an edge to be an Office Engineer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into the construction business from a business background?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weakness and provide examples of them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation . . . . obviously if you have prior experience, you will be able to leverage that when discussing salary.