Austin Commercial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Austin Commercial Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Austin Commercial.

Interview

Met them on campus and spoke with them regarding my interests, they were friendly and eager to speak with me, explained to me more about the type of work they do, interview process was simple

Superintendent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Austin Commercial.

Interview

Had two interviews, first one with regional Manager and the second with regional and two senior superintendents. As a younger superintendent, I was intimidated and nervous about meeting the senior superintendents, but they were very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing or area I could improve in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (College Station, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair and had a 15 minute interview for the job. They were friendly and eager to talk. I was interested in getting experience towards the field and they had just what I wanted. I didn't receive very many details about what the internship entailed.

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Project Manager and Area Manager took my interview. It was a nice discussion. The person who took my interview is my boss to date. The interview went on for at least 3 hours and it was a fruitful conversation

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

I met the company at college career fair. Later they called and scheduled an interview. I met them at the Dallas office with two other people. We each interviewed with 3 different employees for roughly 30 minutes each. We interviewed with 2 before lunch then we went out to lunch in a casual environment then interviewed one after lunch.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, the different candidates went through your resume and had you explain anything they thought stood out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

This was a fairly laid back interview. Much of the time was spent getting to know the company and interviewee. Very standard to easy questions were asked. The company seemed very solid and it is a huge bonus that they are employee owned.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Sacramento, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I contacted corporate HR personnel via university alumni job board. We met shortly thereafter in 1:1 interview and discussed qualifications, expectations, company policies, training, benefits,etc. It was a relatively informal process with this particular HR professional. The interview centered more around cultural fit and basic qualifications, rather than in-depth knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how you eventually resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew what I wanted, and when they offered lower, I asked for more and explained why. They met my request.

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Dallas, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Basically describe what you can do for the company and your current skill sets. Then talk about how they both come together and will give you an edge to be an Office Engineer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into the construction business from a business background?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weakness and provide examples of them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation . . . . obviously if you have prior experience, you will be able to leverage that when discussing salary.

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Commercial (Dallas, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Contacted by headhunter. Asked for additional interviews with people on the jobsite so I could get to know the company a little better.

Negotiation

Negotiated to get a company vehicle thrown into the deal (actually, they suggested it when I balked at vacation of two weeks-non-negotiable item for them).

Field/Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin Commercial in September 2011.

Interview

I met the company at a career fair on campus and I was offered an interview the next day. The person who interviewed me was the HR rep. First the interview began 45 minutes late. Then, the interviewer told me that it wasn't so much an interview as much as describing what the company was about then answering questions I had, then him asking questions from looking at my resume. There weren't any basic questions that I was asked such as "where do you see yourself in 5 years" "tell me about making good decisions", the only question that was normal was one asking why I wanted to work at Austin commercial. I did have to do some quick math on the spot doing calculations of simple numbers, very easy though. Overall it was a strange interview, but not difficult.

Interview Questions

• If you started at our company at age 22 how long before you could retire?   1 Answer