Auto-Chlor System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.7

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (Mountain View, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview with regional and executive staff. in Mt. View. The I was told it went well and they would contact me by Tue. the following week. Never received call, I attempted to contact them and no success, they never replied. Very unprofessional. The recruiter finally contacted me after he had to inquire what the status was. This is the only communication I received. I would not recommend this company as this provides a good example of the integrity of the top management, which is quite lacking.

Interview Questions

• What I would have changed at previous companies, multiple tests.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview, followed by meeting at branch with HR Director. Meeting included facilities tour, job application, assessments for role suitability. The interview was informal discussion format including examples of current employee career paths, specific day-to-day duties and activities. Position has direct reports for both sales and service personnel. The meeting also included discussion of the history of the company and growth in the San Francisco market. This position is available due to a new branch opening in the areal.

Interview Questions

• What were my thoughts about "getting dirty" on the job.   Answer Question

SSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via phone to pre interview and schedule face to face meeting with hiring manager. The friendly office staff greeted and helped get me set up with testing materials and information to get started. took 3 tests, two regarding morals and character and one mechanical aptitude. Pretty easy, then met with Reggie, hiring manager. Nice fellow, interview seemed to go well. However, it's been eleven days and haven't heard a peep... would have been nice to have a call or email returned.

Interview Questions

• how do you feel about getting dirty on the job?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (Fife, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the recruiter and then 2 days later I interviewed with the Branch manager and then the Regional Manager in the same day. A week later I met the Area Vice President, took my drug test and I had an answer within the following week.

Interview Questions

• I had to complete a skills test, personality test, honesty test and then do 3 face to face interviews.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I was recruited by the regional manager via indeed. He liked my resume knowing I had no experience in this environment. The process is very slow and they act like they are the only job you are interviewing for. I emailed them and would have to wait days for a response. I got up to the phone interview and the guy drills me about not having experience. You emailed me knowing this?!?! He said he would "circle back" but I again had to call back only to hear they wanted someone with more experience in the industry. Don't waste people's time if you aren't going to hire them for not having experience by emailing them and putting them through this drawn out process.

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Pre-interview screening, followed by aptitude testing, followed by a sit down interview with the branch and district manager. Auto-Chlor wants to all of this information so they can low-ball you.

Pre-screening testing involved a lot of questions about your own integrity and criminal history. They must have a history with drug users and convicts because that's what they are screening for. So unless you smoke pot, drink alcohol, and fight your fellow co-workers on the job, you're clear.

Also, the "online testing" involved leaving your SS# in their system, which was unsecured in their web browser -- I saw the SS# of probably the last 25+ people who applied. If you want to get your identity stolen, have a great time. I left a bogus one knowing this place was bunk.

This place is covered with red flags. Don't be surprised if the positive reviews originated from an Auto-Chlor IP address.

Interview Questions

• "What was your salary at your last place of employment?"   1 Answer

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System.

Interview

After submitting the online application, I was contacted by a regional hiring manager and had a phone interview. Within a day I received an offer to interview locally, including mechanical aptitude and ethics assessments, scheduled it for the following week. After the local interview I was told to go to the DMV to have my records faxed.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com, and got a call for a phone interview 2 weeks after applying. I had a positive experience with the phone interviewer, so much that she set up an interview with the local branch manager. The branch that I applied for is a small branch, so everyone is like family. The branch manager and I talked briefly about my previous experience then I was asked to take 3 tests. The first test was an activity test, measuring my daily activity level, the second test was an intelligence test. For the third and final test, I was asked to answer questions about my integrity.

Through and through I felt like the tests were pretty easy and fair in question. After all of the tests (1 1/2 hours) I was asked if I wanted to continue with a ride a long with one of the SSRs. Two days later I had my ride a long, positive experience from the moment I got there at 7:30 till the moment I left at noon. Before leaving I was asked to take a personality test (1 hour long).

My official job offer didn't come for about 2 days (minus the weekend), which is an average wait. I have been fortunate to have gone through the whole process in little less than 2 weeks. I was also informed that the company would do a background/credit check along with a drug screen test.

To me the reason for all the tests is because the company wants someone who fits, not someone who is there only for a paycheck. Many people at the local branch have been there for 10+ years, that says something about this company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System.

Interview

The interview process was simple and to the point. Initial contact via email, phone interview via recruiter, phone interview via branch manager and then one on one interview with branch manager. All questions answered thoroughly and job duties explained clearly in regard to position I was hired for.

Negotiation

Very straight forward.

Shop Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Chlor System.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted via email to set up a two minute phone interview. About two weeks later I went in for a ride along with one of the service and sales representatives. About a week later I was called in for my first interview with the branch manager and about two weeks after that I had a second interview with the branch manager and regional VP. A few days later I came in for a third interview where the manager made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What makes you believe you would be a good fit with us here at Auto-Chlor?   1 Answer