Auto-Chlor System Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jerry L Ivy

Pros
  • Profit sharing is decent but it always the same percentage (in 20 reviews)

• Good Benefits and job stability (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Very long hours, can be rushed training (depends on how soon the need a driver) (in 18 reviews)

• There's no upper management that cares about the employee that's working in the field (in 8 reviews)

1. "Excellent Company with positive culture"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Auto-Chlor for 1 1/2 years now and I am 36 years old and this is hands down the best company I have ever worked for. From my first day, everyone in the branch was very welcoming and they trained me for over 3 months to make sure I felt supported and had a smooth transition.

Every few months the company does a group event so you can bring your family and socialize. The company is very family oriented and wants you to relax on the weekends and think about work. The company invests tens of thousands of dollars if not more on a Christmas party, office promotions and millions of dollars on the profit sharing. My family is very grateful for this company and I plan on being here a very long time!

In my first year with the company I earned significantly more than I have ever earned at any of my previous jobs. And this year I am on pace to earn even more!
    So I would say if you are willing to work hard, learn, be teachable, and follow the system... you can make an excellent income and move up in the company.

Cons

No company is perfect, but I honestly feel that Auto-Chlor listens to feedback and genuinely cares. I have met the owner and top executives and they are all very down to earth and sincere. The company expects you to work hard and be professional, but I do not see that as a Con. I see that as the company having standards and expecting their employees to live up to them and represent the company the right way.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in technology so we can fully become a wireless, paper free company.

"SSS"

Current Employee - Sales and Service Supervisor in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Supervisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Committed owners that invest in the company. Which means a stable place of employment for years; I mean decades to come. Not to mention there commitment to our future success in current employment and retirement.
          Loyalty; managers on up are loyal to there employees understanding that we work to live not live to work. Opportunity with advancement is available but not guaranteed, hence the success of the business. This company will (if you are willing and ready) make all there employees successful with a good living wage.

Cons

sometimes long hours. But who has complained more; someone with to much work or someone with none! You also have to learn electrical, mechanical and chemistry a long with sales skills. So it can be tough. if you want to work at a place that is 9-5 with little challenge this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

More company events to show appreciation for all the employees.

"Sales"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chicago, IL

I worked at Auto-Chlor System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Once was a great company to work for. They have lost there care for the employees that made them who they are. Don't walk away from this opportunity. Run away as fast as you can.

Cons

Pay is terrible. Mid South Management cares about no employee. They have a huge turn over rate and it's primarily due to the fact they burn you out and will push you aside and bring in another.

Advice to Management

Promote from within as you claim to. Stop bringing in leaders that know nothing of the business. Your manager should know more than you about the business and the industry.

4. "I do not recommend working here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Profit sharing, employee savings account, expensive health care/dental, vacation (2weeks-3 weeks after 6 years) and sick time. Company provides all work place tools and training.

Cons

Most people enjoy working here for the first six months or so, then expect them to show their true colors. The way they operate this branch is defeating to all of the staff that does a great job everyday. They manage off of negativity, not positive reinforcement. The company makes almost impossible numbers to hit and you have to listen to them complain about the branch not hitting these unrealistic numbers at the end of every month. The on call rotation is awful most of the time you will work 12 days straight without a day off.
    Production is worked to the bone and they are exposed to chemicals all day long. They are also exposed to really high temps in the summer while nestled into a cozy full bodied rubber suit. Rebuild and install are postions that hit a dead end at autochlor. The guys in these positions will not be moved up in the ranks, they try to move up but always get beat by a new hire. For a sales/service rep you are to work from 6:45am to 4:30pm on a good day. Raise customers prices, collect money, repair equipment and deliver hundreds of pounds of chemicals daily. Which we charge an ridiculous amount of money for and they raise the cost of these chemicals every year by 3% without informing the customer. They call this a raise to route reps. Hmm.. so for every 1,000 sold in cleaning chemicals a driver gets a raise of $2.70. On average a Rep will sell about $14,000 a month in cleaning chemicals, so that's $35.10 before taxes. You compare this with inflation you are broke. You don't have to be a mathematician to figure out that you as hard working sales/service rep and as a customer are being taken advantage of. Let's not forget about the rest of this math equation, this leaves $390.00 per period. Times that by their thirteen billing cycles and you get the answer on who really got a raise.

In the last couple of years home prices in Oregon have tripled and rent has at least doubled. So there were many guys asking about a cost of living raise. They told guys that asked for a cost of living increase that they shouldn't buy new/ used cars and not to have expensive weddings then they should be fine. What employees spend their money on should not be any of their business. In fact I think they should take their own advice, they purchased 7 new vehicles at the Portland branch within a years time estimating around $340,00.00.

Advice to Management

Please educate yourself on Oregon law. After a lengthy phone conversation with Oregon Civil Rights Division this afternoon, they confirmed my suspicion that racial and sexual comments ARE against the law. Statements towards an African American temp worker like "watch him, he's a different shade of white than us." Should never be tolerated by a company but has been approved and accepted by the owners this last month.

I once was proud to work for this company, now I feel ashamed and embarrassed. We have had four guys quit in the last few months with word there is more to come. As for myself, I will not end 2017 here. I now understand why the Tacoma branch lost a majority of all their employees at one point. This was all caused by poor treatment to employees by upper management. Once the employees knew the owners weren't going to step in they walked.

Stop the racist behavior because it will eventually end in a lawsuit. This branch only hires young white males, this is also illegal.

Pay and treat your good employees right. The interview process is already hard with this company, don't make it harder for people that are of an ethnic background, people who have tattoos, facial hair and those who are older.

5. "30 going on 50"

Current Employee - SSR in Carlstadt, NJ
    Current Employee - SSR in Carlstadt, NJ

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company offers training (will send some to corporate) profit sharing, 401k, and benefits. You give yourself raises!

Cons

Very long hours, can be rushed training (depends on how soon the need a driver). After you've built a route for yourself and "given yourself" a raise, you will inevitably have your route cut and your pay decreased to reward you for being such a good worker. Reward the wrong people (promotions to people who refuse work, due to time with the company, good stops with heavy commission to people who can't work overtime). Forced pay changes (commission/hourly rate : you don't like it, leave) fails to reward actual hard workers (everyone is expendable).

Advice to Management

Needs true leadership. Show workers their work is valued, and you'll have more valuable workers. Reward the people doing the right thing, not those who do their own thing.

"Outside Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time

Pros

Great company to work for, excellent training program, they care about their people and definitely set you up to succeed.

Cons

No cons seen yet! The hiring process can be long, but it is definitely worth going through. It shows they care about the people they are hiring instead of just trying to fill an opening.

"Good company"

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly employees, ongoing training, helpfull management

Cons

Some long hours, learning curve.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"Unappreciative"

Former Employee - Sales and Service Supervisor in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Supervisor in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Auto-Chlor System (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stability, for the able bodied. Growth and prosperity for the well connected.every man for himself. Great learning experience on how to make someone else prosperous from your sweat.

Cons

Management is smarter than you. Voice your opinion and you will be weeded out. Keep your head down and mouth shut. They know it all.

Advice to Management

Reap what you sow

9. "Don't bother"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System (More than 3 years)

Pros

free cleaning materials and a day off for your birthday

Cons

Management is horrible. They have dark ages technology and they only want yes men. The only people that get promotions/raises are friends or relatives of others already in management. Doesn't matter if you can do the job. They see you as a number, the lower you are on the ladder, the more work they put on you without compensation. All they care about is how much profit they can make.

Advice to Management

Get new management. Have procedures in place to follow and follow them showing no favoritism. Take care of your people they are not cattle!

10. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System (More than 8 years)

Pros

Casual laid back atmosphere and famiily oriented.

Cons

Sales pressure can be a lot and overwhelming. Not a lot of room for growth in a real career