AutoAnything Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AutoAnything

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoAnything (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was given a call, to ask about my prior experiences and what I would contribute to the company. I was then asked to talk about my school experience with projects and was given advice how I should improve my resume for future endeavors. The recruiter was very informative and professional.

IT Department Interview

Interview

It was a panel interview. The Sr Systems Engineer, the Sr Network Engineer, and the IT mgr for the department. Oh, and the 2 desktop support techs too. Took about an hour. They offered water, and that was nice of them. They they started asking questions relevant to the position. Wasn't too bad at all.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic questions related to the position. There wasn't anything extraordinarily difficult.   Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoAnything (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I interviewed here years ago and started as a SEO Specialist in a growing SEO Team. What I found quickly while on the team is that this team takes pride in the site they work on and in evolving their skill set to be cutting edge leaders. This is something that we discussed during interview conversations. The interview process itself involved two sessions with the Manager and one with team members. Sitting with team members allowed me to get a better sense of the people I'd be working with and the culture.

Interview Questions

• If you were to optimize a new section or category on the website, what are the top things you would do to grow organic traffic in the first 3 months?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoAnything (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was easy in the beginning. I had two great conversations with one of their VPs (hiring manager), and he was ready to offer me the job. Since this is a family owned business, I had to meet the father and two sons before an offer was extended to me.

That's when I realized that there was some confusion about the job description and that all of them had different expectations. The position has been opened for almost 18 months now, and I am happy it didn't go through. I can't imagine how a company can move forward and grow under those circumstances. Clear focus and expectations are a must for me, and AutoAnything wasn't it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoAnything (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Job requirements included the ability to complete tasks. The interview went well until the end where I was asked theoretical questions such as the maximum number of fields you can have in a SQL Server table, the difference between a class and an object and stuff like that. I though I did well, but they told the recruiter I missed some technical questions. If you want the job, brush up on your theory. That is if you don't mind working alongside people that can recite computer programming books but might not have accomplish much.

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum number of fields you can have in a SQL Server table, the difference between a class and an object   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoAnything (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter who did a phone interview then a wpm typing test. When i passed both I spoke to a manager for final hire. The interview process was semi lengthy, but they obviously care about the quality of their people, and it shows in all other aspects of working there.

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoAnything (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

They are looking for someone with spunk and bounce they say. Very picky for the position. This is a receptionist role not an HR professional role.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoAnything (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

It started well then felt apart, I was told first choice, great fit, warm, big smiles then silence. The interview schedule was tough sometimes same day, or next day with little room for negotiations but I still met them.

Interview Questions

• I passed 3 hastily scheduled interviews, a hands on test; then told "great feedback, call if you dont hear from us". A few days later I called(as they told me)..silence...then a nasty call asking I leave them alone, and why would I call after being "clearly told" I wasnt a match, funny I was NEVER told that, some serious passive aggresive behavior. I dont care if its not a match, at least have the professionalism and courtest to call and say "thanks, but.." after 3 interviews.

A coworker shared thier similar story on his interviews; saying he felt wierd and found positions took months to fill, some of thier hand picks "didnt work out" which is telling. I thought it was odd I was called for the same position just 4-6 weeks ago by different agencies trying to talk the place up and fill the same position they had problems with.

1) In the final stages executives asked for good and bad examples, I changed negatives into positives but was still told I sounded negative. When you push for examples and more details, then "sounds negative" its not fair, so maybe honesty / candiness isnt an asset to them.

2) The final: was asked questions you'd experience very rarely even though I knew the steps was criticized for not knowing every piece off the top by an arrogant employee, but it quickly seeemed like you get 95% right, rejected for 5% you dont; a tough scale to meet for anyone let alone ones hand picked yet still didnt work out.

To this day I still provide support for past employers, nor have ever been asked questions like thiers so it's clearly not me. Cant get perfection when expectations are off the charts, this was the second worst interview I've ever had.   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AutoAnything (San Diego, CA).

Interview

This company's hiring process last literally months. This job was listed as far back as November and for whatever reason they hadn't hired anyone even though they claimed to have had several in the final stages. My guess is there is no position, they just want to test the market and or get free consultation advice from the interviews (an old trick used by slimy companies). You first talk with a generic recruiter that asks you generic questions that only a imbecile would answer wrong. Then you talk with a hipster that seems to have smoked a little too much ganja. Finally you come in for a face to face with seven people and get bombarded with generic questions. If you don't respond with generic answers it throws them off. The entire time the interviewers act like a they have little to no time to talk to you and they overlap each question like there is absolutely no organization. Finally you get a generic response about the position from whatever generic recruiter talked with you first. I'm talking a literal (insert name here) form. It's all extremely rude after they waste months of your time on a position they have no intentions of actually hiring anyone for.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AutoAnything (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

After an initial phone call with the recruiter, I had a phone call with the hiring manager. Then I had an in-person interview with other POs. I was then invited back for a second on-site interview with a cross-functional team from the IT org, the hiring manager, and a cross-functional group outside of IT (like a culture interview type of panel).

Interview Questions

• How do you keep your dev team motivated?   Answer Question
    • How do you get buy-in and alignment from stakeholders on your roadmap?   Answer Question