AutoAnything Reviews | Glassdoor

AutoAnything Reviews

Updated Oct 18, 2019

2.9
AutoAnything CEO Drew Sanocki (no image)
Drew Sanocki
Pros
  • "Quarterly company sponsored events and breakfast every Friday(in 20 reviews)

• "The lovely artwork, comfortable chairs and casual dress code are quite attractive(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is oblivious to it(in 4 reviews)

• "It is a call center so if you get a job on the phones it is a little repetitive(in 4 reviews)

1. "Positive Atmosphere - Career Positions within"

Current Employee - Hybrid Agent in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AutoAnything full-time for less than a year

Pros

Telecommuting program! Huge discounts on products. The customers and the team. The phenomenal management team. Cold Brew Independence - Room for individuality Kitchen is fully decked out After work activities Health Insurance Dental Vision Paid parking Up-kept office/building/parking lot Near a lot of restaurants TOO MANY OTHERS TO LIST

Cons

There aren't enough good reviews.

Advice to Management

Keep on rockin the market!

AutoAnything2019-08-29
  2. "Night and DAY from it's former self (in a good way)"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AutoAnything full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice management that was once doing your job (promotion from within)

Cons

Still a bit of work to go on inter-dept. communication but again, we are talking about a score of 85/100, versus 5/100 a year or two ago!

Advice to Management

Just less meetings, I still dont really see a need to have any meetings longer than 5 min tops.

AutoAnything2019-10-18
  3. "Excellent Work Environment"

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AutoAnything part-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has done a complete 180 compared to a little over a year ago. New CEO, new CFO, new ownership! No longer part of Autozone, they were purchased by a private equity firm, who has made major changes to improve company culture and make the company a premier ecommerce merchant. They have a work from home program. Competitive pay.

Cons

Benefits could be a bit better, however they are working on changing this.

Advice to Management

Continue making AutoAnything a postiive work environment!

AutoAnything2019-05-31
  4. "On the Cusp of Greatness"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AutoAnything full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New Management, New CEO providing new opportunities for all. There was a lull for the longest of times, that it felt at least, where we did not know how much further we would have to endure through the cut backs and the lay offs. For quite sometime, there was some hope loss that was felt. But that is the territory of new ownership, that comes with the trade of the business in sales as a whole; and everyone that has... stuck it out and that have evolved with the company are on the path for success. This business in the automotive industry is very cut-throat. It takes a great leader to unify and help form strong bonds for success of a team to not only endure, but also to enjoy the benefits of success. Drew has really stepped up to the plate. Trimming of the fat of the individuals on both the management staff and on the sales floor that were weighing us down has evolved AA into a much better lean, selling machine.

Cons

Nothing outside the realm of norm in a business. You have some bickering back and forth between departments, but its all settled at the end of the day; like a family with sibling rivalry

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of listening and acting. Your trust has been earned.

AutoAnything2019-04-20

"Absolutely the worst IT shop in San Diego"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at AutoAnything full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a job when I needed one. I really can't think of anything else.

Cons

On my first day on the job I was given a grimy mouse, mouse pad, and keyboard and then later shown how to make a cup of coffee that took no less than 10 minutes. In hindsight, this was an appropriate introduction to this organization's culture. The organization likes to put on a façade of a progressive workplace with unimportant perks that get in the way of productivity, while ignoring values that empower... individuals and show that they are valued. It seemed that leadership kept inundating us with words of culture and values that were never actually put into practice, but just talked about. Such a poor example was exhibited by management that the IT department did not feel the motivation to show professionalism on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Management is open to hearing but not actually listening, so there's is no point. This is the only workplace that I could never recommend to a friend.

AutoAnything2019-04-20
  6. "Good company in the process of transformation"

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AutoAnything full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Everyone tries to do their best. Get to work with a lot of cool technologies. Flexible with work from home policies.

Cons

Company had some hard times last year. But has actively made changes to address them.

Advice to Management

Continue the trend of being more open and inviting collaboration. Be sure to recognize the contributions of everyone in the company.

AutoAnything2019-03-06

"Should probably clean house."

I worked at AutoAnything

Pros

Flexible scheduling was a good thing.

Cons

Very low communication between management and employees and very inaccurate communication when there is any.

Advice to Management

Look around. Half the people have been laid off in the past year. And instead of taking any kind of ownership management pushes the sales staff with unrealistic numbers than gives them poor compensation in return. $300k in gross profit and you pay $8k in commissions? That is laughable. Thank God the new president is trying to turn things around by addressing the fact the managers either sit around and watch you tube... videos or walk around and bs with each other. When your building is half full from layoffs it’s about time you look at your self in the mirror. The people in entry level positions didn’t do this. You did.

AutoAnything2019-03-16

"I’ve never worked so hard with little appreciation"

Former Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA

I worked at AutoAnything full-time for more than a year

Pros

It’s in San Diego, running water, electricity and chairs.

Cons

This was the absolute worst job I’ve ever had. The logging process is ridiculous, required to message supervisors if we need help (rather than just going to their desk), 30 minute lunches and you BETTER not be late!

Advice to Management

Update your systems, modernize the way staff is managed, stop working with vendors who don’t respond to inquiries, and a total revamp is necessary.

AutoAnything2019-01-26

"An IT department with very low morale"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AutoAnything full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get paid to work in San Diego.

Cons

Values that are talked about is just talk. Most people here seem to do as little work as possible while promoting the idea that hard work is being done

Advice to Management

I regret ever taking the job. You need a thorough house cleaning in IT starting from the top.

AutoAnything2019-02-20
  10. "Car parts salesman job"

I worked at AutoAnything

Pros

Decent pay and good staff vibes

Cons

Some calls dropped and that was hatd

Advice to Management

None

AutoAnything2019-01-14