Avaloq Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avaloq Interview Questions

Interviews at Avaloq

2.9

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2020.

Interview

Worst interview I have been to. Unprofessional and lack of respect. Interviewer had a misplaced sense of superiority which I do not know where it came from. Was not interested in my experience, specifically highlighted that he was a postgrad (not that I’m interested in the first place but turns out to be some obscure Masters degree from his profile), tried to correct my answers with incorrect answers of his own: that Avaloq does not provide cloud computing services. Either I have poor understanding of their website or he has no idea what services his company is selling. Appears to have poor interviewing skills at his level and lack of respect for candidates. Can’t help but feel that it was a waste of my time preparing for it.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with IT before? What kind of question is this?!   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avaloq (Manila, Manila (Philippines)).

Interview

the HR interview is your usual generic HR questions like tell me what you know about Avaloq,how did you know avaloq prior to this interview, and the technical interview is about testing your foundations in programming.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avaloq (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Prescreening is a very fast-moving time-limited exam, conducted online. Time is insufficient unless you're quite fast. The questions are not as I was led to expect, but they were fair and relevant.

Interview Questions

• Describe the qualifications of someone you'd hire to do (your new job)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avaloq.

Interview

You'll be asked to do a 3 hour online technical test before they'll even bother speaking to you on the phone or in person. The test is split up into 3 sections: A technical brain teaser, a code review and a coding exercise. If your answers to their arbitrary problems aren't up to their standards, you'll have essentially wasted 3 hours of your life for nothing in return.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest chain of connected grid squares. Revise dijkstra's algorithm.   Answer Question

Graduate Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lugano (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Lugano (Switzerland)) in September 2019.

Interview

First a phone interview for about 90 minutes, which was successful, then invitation onsite where I was asked to prepare a presentation on a free choice topic. Then there was a Q&A session and a technical test.

Interview Questions

• How would you test a website?   1 Answer

Multimedia (E-learning) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaloq (Makati City (Philippines)) in July 2019.

Interview

It was degrading

For a position which requires creativity I felt boxed or contained.

(the first 30 mins I really wanted to stop the interview since I felt unsafe or uncomfortable with the way
    the interviewer ask questions.)

And aside from career advancement and passion to learn more, we work hard for the salary - we need this to survive after all this is a third-world country.

I think they want a sugar-coated response and was actually waiting for googled responses.

Considering this is not an entry-level position (and obviously this a position who mostly seats all day) after all they mentioned that the position itself will not have any opportunity to advance or be innovative - you'll just do this for your entire stay in the company,straight right to my face (it was honest but it really limits you as an individual).

what a b*tch. (sorry I really felt disrespected, I was glad I was able to keep it together during the interview. But I would like to share it to some people that needs to hear this before clicking that "apply" button.)

so to sum up, the panel interview - the way they facilitate an interview was poor.

Interview Questions

• Digging more about why do you what that salary   1 Answer
    • the were a lot of question about why are you applying for the job   1 Answer

Business & Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Madrid (Spain)) in October 2018.

Interview

First I got a call from a recruiting company, where they told me the conditions of the job and the general interviewing procedure.

After that I got enrolled to an online test, which I had one hour to do (at any time, up until one week later than when they sent me the link with the test). The test were basic questions on programming algorithms, database management and logic. In general not very hard and plenty of time to solve them, but a couple of questions were tricky or not 100% clear. As far as I know, you need 12/16 to pass. I got a 14 with plenty of time to spare.

Next was the physical interview at their offices. After introducing myself into the office, I got ushered into a room with an exam having four long problems, and then I was left alone to think about them and calculate the results. In the sheets it was specified that later the project leaders would come and I would have to explain the answers, and my way of thinking was extremely important (moreso than whether the answers were correct).

Interview Questions

• Progressive interest gain rate calculations with multiple deposits on different moments in time   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Interview

1st step: HR phone call
    2nd step: HR and Line Manager perosnal interview
    3rd step: HR/line maaneger and 2nd level manager
    4th step: line manager, HR and also team.
    5th step: offer
    6th step: HR for negotiation and sign off

Interview Questions

• Background,
      one case provided to solve
      Team: what do you expect from us
      2nd line manager: what makes you angry?   Answer Question

Tax Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Zürich (Switzerland)) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied for a position of a tax expert. Having solid experience (maybe being overqualified for the position) I decided to give a try observing a company growth. I got a call from HR asking me some basic questions and than I was invited for an interview. The interview was a purely degrading process for me with the mere objective to offend me on personal and professional grounds. The line manager was late for the interview and acted as she made me a favor to see me. The HR lady did not bother herself to read my c.v. and asked me several questions claiming something from my c.v. that was not accurate, e.g. so your last job was at a company X (while it was with Y). The line manager tried to imply that I would not want to do the job for which I applied during the whole meeting. No interest in my background and expertize for the role. I am sorry to say but these executives misrepresented the company for which they work. I would much appreciate not to be invited rather than offended in such low and unprofessional way. Anyway, I got a 1-minute call from the HR person saying to me 'we decided to proceed with other candidates that we like more. Thanks for being the first interviewed person (I wish I would not)'. I was happy for her and the head of tax as I would not see myself in this company based on adverse experiences.
    I was really sad for several days after this meeting. A few days after I got an interview with the CEO of FinTech Bank that was much different and allowed me to regain my confidence. He was interested in the value added that I can deliver for his bank. His people asked me technical and soft skills questions.
    Two different worlds and levels!!!

Interview Questions

• You will not want to do the operational part of the job?   1 Answer
    • So your last job was with the company X   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaloq (Makati City (Philippines)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and took a screen exam in the main office. They did not inform me if I passed or not. At least tell to the applicants about the results.