Avaloq Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avaloq Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2018

2.8

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq.

Interview

They showed to have no respect for candidates' time, while also being unprofessional and cheap. They clearly think their time is more valuable than the candidate's. Not even worth spending time to interview with, imagine working together... I hence withdrawn my application.

Warm advice: get down from the pedestal you put yourself on and treat better and more professionally who chooses to get to know you.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaloq (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in September 2017.

Interview

The questions on the interview consists of technical and behavioral. The technical part involves optimizing codes and sql. Was told that they will let me know the result the following week but I did not receive any email.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Avaloq?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avaloq.

Interview

online application, followed by some rounds of interviews. The overall experience was positive and it definitely had a role in my final decision to accept the offer. The interviews were held in part in italia and in part in english. The interviewer was friendly and careful in making me to feel comfortable.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Firstly I had to pass the online exam, which was 30 mins Maths and Logic and 1 hour Technical questions such as what is the process you follow as a BA during the projects you're involved etc.

HR contacted me after my answers were reviewed by a Senior colleague and they advised I passed the initial test.

I was invited to an interview in their Edinburgh office. The office and people were very nice.
    the first 45 minutes I did my presentation and answered technical questions about BA role and my experience, which I thought went very well. The second 45 minutes was problem solving, it is the questions about siblings aged 14, 7 and 5 and £300. Then the oldest one has a birthday and the ages are 15, 7, 5. this is to check whether the logic I applied works. They ask you to descrieb this as if you're asking a developer to develop it.
    I failed during this session because apparently the interviewer felt I wasn't picking up the hint. The hint was " so is it fair though"

The last part was with the MD, who didn't say a single word during the interview and just listened, which I found a bit odd and unnatural / disturbing.

Interview Questions

• ATM in the UK that offers EUR option, what do you need to consider.
      Aother one was the ages and £300, you can see the details in other reviews, no need to repeat.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Advertised through external recruiter. Had a one hour conversation over the phone around my skills and experience and why it matched the role. Had a two hour interview with Avaloq (another BA and software lead) which again went over my skills and experience. There was also a 30 minute pop quiz on superannuation. A positive experience overall and very casual . I was called for a second 2 hour interview with the product manager and software lead. Very negative experience as the questions were all focused on delivery manager and iteration manager duties and not so much BA responsibilities. I felt they did not internally themselves know what they were looking for

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avaloq.

Interview

Online interview with 15 questions
    On-site programming interview with 2 medium-difficulty Java algorithms
    Same day Technical interview - Unix + Oracle development - all went well ok up to this point
    Same day Consultancy interview - they wanted to test your resilience to stress and made sure to ask same questions two or three time to see how you react. They emphasized the questions and concepts that you were unsure off. At some point they made a point that I am not getting the hints, but mumbling a couple of related words cannot be considered a hint in my opinion. The atmosphere during this part of interview was deliberately conflictual.

The overall atmoshpere in their office was cold and there was lack of friendship from beginning to end. The impression I was left with was that they were not even aware of me coming, as one of the interviewers asked me at some point if I am from Denmark.
    At the end, they did not even have the minimum respect to send a formal message whether I was successful or not.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Two technical interviews.
    First one was simple database and logic questions. And general questions about experience. It took about 1 hour.

Second one was technical too. It took 2 hours. Basically he showed Avaloq system and explained about it. Asked a few questions in between. This was dragged for 2 hours.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

An online coding test, followed by a three-stage on-site assessment, including an HR interview, a presentation, and a technical interview. The only thing worth mentioning is the technical interview. The questions will be easy, so don't trip yourself up by implementing complicated solutions, because you don't need to. I made this mistake, and I soon found myself getting asked about things I wasn't 100% comfortable with. One of the interviewers was very unprofessional and kept making snide remarks when I got something wrong. The mistake I made was getting annoyed by his remarks. I guess they could see I was annoyed and moved on. But the reason I did not get an offer was because I was getting annoyed by the interviewer being rude. That made me feel quite uneasy about working there in the future anyway.

Please respect people putting their time and effort into applying for a role, and handle your interviews professionally.

Interview Questions

• Design a 3-table database system, sum up an array, write a function to compute a cube root, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq.

Interview

I applied for Java Software Engineer.

Three part exam(multiple choice, essay type and coding) after passing the exam, you will scheduled for a panel interview(technical and regular interview questions).

A week after the exam and interview job offer will be given.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter and competency test. Followed several weeks later by an interview with several pairs of interviewers. During this process the tone was professional and positive. I was informed I had scored the highest (by a significant margin) on the test. I was told to expect a decision in a few days.

Instead I was summoned back to a second interview with the managing director who hadn't bothered to attend the first scheduled interview. He made a point of arriving late and then behaving in a way that can most charitably be described as childish and confrontational. He slumped in a chair and repeatedly interrupted my answers to any questions or comments. He was utterly unprofessional and inexplicably aggressive. Asking few questions but preferring to play mind games he came across as a really awful human being. In retrospect I should have followed the impulse and called an end to the proceedings immediately.

Everyone I met at Avaloq other than him was lovely. Unfortunately such toxic leadership cannot produce a collaborative or enriching professional experience. I would recommend to anyone considering a role at Avaloq to steer well clear.

Interview Questions

• If you're any good why were you made redundant?

You say you feel a strong impulse to help people so I guess that means I should just make you work with unhappy, frustrated people all the time. (No question, just a comment on his management approach).   Answer Question