Avascent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avascent Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avascent (Richmond, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of a thirty minute behavioral interview and a thirty minute case interview. The case interview was interviewer-led. The interviewer presented slides with both qualitative and quantitative data on them.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Back to back interviews. One case interviews and one behavioral interviews, each 30 minutes. Very friendly interview process. A very standard behavioral interview, talk about why consulting, why the firm and walk through your resume. Case is of medium difficulty.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process consisted of two rounds, a Skype one and an in-person one in DC. I found the Skype interview fair, it consisted of a behavioral round and a case. They informed me of the structure beforehand. If one wants to do consulting, one should really be familiar with this format. My feeling from reading other reviews here is that many people were not prepared for consulting type interview. This would be a mistake, by my lights. Especially since Skype is a somewhat awkward medium for a case question.
    I enjoyed the in person round, something I thought I would never say about a job interview. I interviewed with various employees across different levels, and they were all engaged and interesting. Again, they were very communicative about the setup beforehand. No real way to prepare for this, just make sure you have read up on the company and industry.

In summary, everyone was very kind and professional, and the interview was pretty in line with the other consulting ones I have done, just a little more involved: BAH, Deloitte S&O, IBM, ACN, etc.

If it means anything, I found it very easy to choose Avascent when I got my offers.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I had a skype interview that was two parts. The first 30 minutes were behavioral and the second 30 was a case study. Both interviewers were clearly just reading off of a script and then while I was speaking both were constantly writing down notes which made the interview less personal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC).

Interview

Ok interview... just please look at my resume before the case interview... obviously a liberal art history major would not do well on the case interview. And the fact that after the case interview the administrator told me he didn't see my resume and asked what school I went to was prettty debasing and unfair (especially when it's case material that I could understand within a day-I.e. Not hard. Horrible investment of my time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too complex if you understand contemporary global security issues.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avascent (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted Application materials. Then I had an hour long, two part Skype interview. The first 30 minutes consisted of a classic resume interview. Tell me about your experiences and how they relate to this internship, etc. The second interview was a case interview. It was my first live case interview, so it didn't go amazingly, but that's on me. The one interesting thing is that with Avascent, the case interview is tailored to the defense industry. Didn't really change much for my case interview, but I could imagine it'd be extra tough to estimate the size of the market for missiles if you have no experience with that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC).

Interview

First round was a 30 minute behavioral and a case study, which was of the hand-hold variety.

Final round was at their office in DC and consisted of five interviews, one with someone who was definitely high.

I walked away from the interviews with zero respect for the company and its leadership.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose your undergraduate institution?   Answer Question
    • What background do you have in aeronautics and defense?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

First round interview consisted of a 30 min case interview and 30 min behavioral. Final round was in DC and consisted of five interviews, but no cases. Interested in technical skills, background doing research and my presentation skills.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting site, was notified about an on campus interview within a few weeks. The on campus interview was back-to-back with 30 minutes of behavioral followed by 30 minutes of case. The case itself was focused around the defense industry, so some knowledge here could be useful and the case wasn't too difficult

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avascent.

Interview

On-campus interview that consisted of a behavioral and case interview. On-site interview that consisted of meetings with peers and other more senior staff. On-site interview did not include a case but was a fit interview.