Avascent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avascent Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC).

Interview

Ok interview... just please look at my resume before the case interview... obviously a liberal art history major would not do well on the case interview. And the fact that after the case interview the administrator told me he didn't see my resume and asked what school I went to was prettty debasing and unfair (especially when it's case material that I could understand within a day-I.e. Not hard. Horrible investment of my time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too complex if you understand contemporary global security issues.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC).

Interview

First round was a 30 minute behavioral and a case study, which was of the hand-hold variety.

Final round was at their office in DC and consisted of five interviews, one with someone who was definitely high.

I walked away from the interviews with zero respect for the company and its leadership.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose your undergraduate institution?   Answer Question
    • What background do you have in aeronautics and defense?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

First round interview consisted of a 30 min case interview and 30 min behavioral. Final round was in DC and consisted of five interviews, but no cases. Interested in technical skills, background doing research and my presentation skills.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting site, was notified about an on campus interview within a few weeks. The on campus interview was back-to-back with 30 minutes of behavioral followed by 30 minutes of case. The case itself was focused around the defense industry, so some knowledge here could be useful and the case wasn't too difficult

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avascent.

Interview

On-campus interview that consisted of a behavioral and case interview. On-site interview that consisted of meetings with peers and other more senior staff. On-site interview did not include a case but was a fit interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avascent.

Interview

I applied through the school's website and got an on campus interview. The two interviewers were nice, though one was an intimidating ex-military type. They came to campus and did 2 30 minute interviews. One was a case interview, the other a "fit" interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview made up of a case-interview and a resume/traditional interview. The order was not fixed. The case interview was a little more challenging because it involved doing multiple percent shifts in my head. The nature of the case and the structure/iterative nature thereof made discourse with the interviewer a little more difficult. The other interview was a straight forward resume and qualifications review. The interviewer was quite nice and it felt more like a nice conversation as opposed to a simple question and answer interview.

Interview Questions

• Of all the consultancy firms in the area, why do I want to work at Avascent?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your resume and teams you worked on?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward; 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case. During the behavioral, the interviewer focuses most on how well you will fit into Avascent. He asks you questions like why Avascent, what experiences you had that would make you a good fit, and how your education has taught you the skills for you to succeed at Avascent. The case was a business situation about a fighter jet manufacturing company. It was pretty straightforward, but you definitely need to practice beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How did your education at University teach you the skills necessary to excel at Avascent?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was friendly, engaging, and fairly straightforward. They're looking for candidates who are competent consultants (so brush up on Case in Point or other case studies). Overall, the process was much more painless than other consulting interviews-- my interview consisted of an on campus interview and a final on-site interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avascent in October 2015.

Interview

1 45-minute straight forward behavioral fit questions interview. Another 45-minute pretty standard case interview. I was not prepared for the math portion of the case. Additionally, it was my first live case, so did not preform well in this portion and did not expect to receive an offer.