Avero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avero Interview Questions

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avero.

Interview

Submitted my resume to the recruiter, responding to a school career center ad. Didn't hear back for a long time but eventually did and scheduled a call. 5 minutes after the call was supposed to start, I still hadn't received a call so I email the recruiter (who's my interviewer) and get a response - need to reschedule. Ok, so I reschedule and have a great chat and am told I'll hear back within a week.

I send a follow-up email a week later when I still haven't heard back, then another follow-up email after two weeks. To this day I've heard nothing, not even a rejection, despite being told I would. Really bad communication overall.

Integration Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avero (Irving, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume via email based on a craigslist ad. I was called within a week for an initial phone interview by HR in New York. The interview was friendly and HR showed great interest not only in my experience, but my personality. I was scheduled for an personal interview in the Irving, TX office the following morning with the team manager, was called back at lunch to interview with VP of IT the same day! I was given an offer the following day. I was floored by how quickly the hiring process was completed. Simply unheard of!

Since working there, I've seen the quick interview to offer process on at least 6 other occasions.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole cover round?   1 Answer

Client Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avero (Ithaca, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The process started with applying through our college website. About half (estimate) of my classmates who applied got interviews. The interview process was pretty much the same as any other company I applied to, but I appreciated the "realness" of the team. They were obviously looking for their next group of colleagues and you could feel the passion. After the interview, "round 2" was at dinner with the recruitment team and the last 10 or so full time interviewees. It was nice to get to know the team over their love of food and I felt like I got more honest answers to my questions. Final round was with the CEO, CFO, and Directors/VPs of select departments. I loved this part. Certainly not easy but this round is what confirmed I wanted to work for Avero.

Interview Questions

• If you were to open a restaurant, what would it be like? Food, experience, location, etc.   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avero (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

I am absolutely disgusted with how Avero treats candidates.

They found my resume on LinkedIn and I initially had a phone interview with the woman who was transitioning out of the position to go to grad school. We had a wonderful phone interview, spanning about 40 minutes, and she let me know she would recommend for me to meet with her boss when her boss returned from maternity leave. All good, right?

I then went in for an in-person interview with my direct boss, the only other person in the HR department. She was very loud, in your face, and dismissive. Throughout the entire interview, I felt like she was forcing me to argue my own opinions to questions like, "how did you like your undergraduate experience?" and letting me know that my reasons for moving from an admin role to an HR role weren't "that great". She had me meet with a contractor who was doing payroll in her maternity leave absence, and I left thinking it wasn't a great experience.

They called back and had me come back to meet with the person I had done the phone interview with and their CFO. Those interviews went well, and I met up again with the VP of HR. She asked me if I was still interested in the role and I gave her an emphatic "yes" and she wanted to know if they hired me the position if I would take it - again, I told her 100%. She asked me if I could wait until January (It was mid December at this point) and I told her yes, if you make me an offer, I will sign the letter right now. She told me to wait by the phone for the next day.

I heard from her a week later to let me know they were pushing off making a decision until after the new year and to reach out if I was still looking. In those 2 weeks, I was offered and accepted a similar position, also in NYC. If they wanted to move forward with another candidate, they should have just told me no!
    I then recommended a friend to the position and my friend was ultimately rejected because they had gone with another candidate, only to see the same exact job posted the day after she was rejected!

Run away from Avero. The VP of HR seems to be a bit whacked.

Client Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Avero in November 2010.

Interview

The entire process, from beginning to end, was excellent. It started with a phone call and very brief feeling-out process on both sides before setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was similarly basic, involving all behavioral questions. I then moved into an in-person, one-on-one interview, which lasted a little over an hour. This was 95% behavioral based, but there were a few basic technical questions involved.

Later that day I was invited to an interview day in New York. This day consisted of four separate interviews with the top executives of the firm, primarily behavioral in nature, but with some technical questions and one logic puzzle. Overall the process was very smooth and very straight forward. The people were friendly -- as interviewers, they showed genuine interest in learning whether I would be qualified and/or fit into their system. The people all also had a genuine excitement in the industry in general and their jobs specifically; it was readily apparent that they love what they do.

As for advice, honestly, be yourself. Unlike in certain interview situations, you are not expected to be superhuman. So long as you have genuine interest in joining the company and are sincere in your expressions of it, you will have a chance. Feel free to smile, and do not be surprised if the interview feels more like a conversation than an evaluation -- some of the interview is designed to see how well you would interact with clients in pressure situations, so the idea is that if you can hold a light hearted conversation during an interview, you could do the same when trying to sign a potential client.

Interview Questions

It was unbelievably difficult to decline this offer because every interaction I had with Avero, from start to finish, was positive. In the end, however, location was the biggest factor. I was given a slightly more lucrative opportunity, but it was MUCH closer to home, and as someone who values family above all else, I was not prepared to relocate very far across the country when I had the opportunity to stay in the area.