Aviation Institute Of Maintenance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Came into clean office and filled out paper application. Met with both the Director and Assistant Director while another canidate was interviewed across table. They are very professional and explained all the details associated with the job.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance in April 2017.

Interview

Very quick process. I got an interview the very next day after I applied, and I received a job offer the following day. The interview questions were easy, and I felt comfortable during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Took a long time. Nearly 3 weeks. Had me in limbo for quite a while. Had an initial interview with the Director of Admissions, then with Campus Director, then with Corporate Admissions (not sure of her title.) Very easy interviews. No generic questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years. From my understanding I had the position from the get go and they had to go through the motions for corporate.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance (Chesapeake Beach, VA).

Interview

Spending a RIDicuLOUS amount of time completing a paper application prior to your interview??? There were several questions I didn't answer as they were none of their business. This should have been a clue to me as to things to come.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was no negotiations... and I didn't. Very surprising to me that I accepted their first offer. Weird as I as employed and not desperate, but ready for change. I mistakenly thought I'd have less stress in my life and was prepared to accept less remuneration. Little did I know this was NOT the change I was looking for at all.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance.

Interview

Applied online and received a call that day. Interviewer wanted to meet that week. I should have seen red flags at this point, but I figured what the heck let's see what they have to offer. When arriving the staff seemed to careless about helping me and more about socializing with each other. I then went on to receive a paper application to complete. I felt as though when applying for a directors position being asked to do this was extremely rude. The paper application asked a variety of illegal questions such as if I was married, had children, and if so how many just to name a few. I thought to myself you've got to be kidding me, but I just ignored those questions and turned in my application. After turning it in it took the campus president a good twenty minutes to finally come out abs greet me. I'm assuming he was back there reading my application. The interview was better and I received a tour of the facility. Spent two hours interviewing and never even got a reply to my thank you email.

Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance.

Interview

Two in person interviews and one over the phone interview. The over the phone interview was fairly easy. The first in person interview was very unprofessional. That should have raised a red flag.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any character from the Wizard of Oz which one would you choose?   Answer Question

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance (Houston, TX).

Interview

Went to the first interview and it was really laid back. The only thing that really annoyed me is that the women wasn't punctual. She did seem pretty knowledgeable. The first interview is basic (you do have to fill the resume out in it's entirety). They are sticklers about references and make it a point to let you know that they will call them. She just went over all of the basic information and said that there is another interview with her boss before a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• None. If you have been in admissions, you will be fine.   Answer Question

I didn't like the fact that she was late for the interview and I just started my job search.

Interview

Interview was conducted face to face with two individuals. Received a phone call he next day with a job offer.

Career Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance in June 2012.

Interview

Interview was casual. I did more listening to the interviewer than the interviewer asking me. It was more of them selling the position to me.

Interview Questions

Salary was lower than I was expecting.

Reentry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aviation Institute Of Maintenance (Irving, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Recruited and advised dropped students to return and finish their programs. Answered all questions related to helping students return. Assisted veterans, as well as new and returning students for classes, schedules, directed to appropriate departments as needed. Always welcomed to my office. Offered encouragement, and support to all.

Interview Questions

• Are you passionate about the education field ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A fair, to me, offer was made and accepted.