Avinger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avinger Interview Questions

Interviews at Avinger

2.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avinger.

Interview

Informal through chat, almost doesn’t seem real but they did ask a lot of experience type questions. You speak to someone through a chat and they ask a series of question relating the job and explain the duties of the job.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avinger in August 2016.

Interview

Informal phone screen. Friendly recruiter.culture sounds great, and products look solid. Bad reviews on Glassdoor concerning upper management.
    Very concerning. Company has been around for 9 years, but I was led to belies the company is ramping up due to more business growth.

Interview Questions

• My understanding of the product line.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avinger in November 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by a half-day of in-person interviews. Fairly standard process. After the offer, followed up with an extended facility tour and discussion of the company with the hiring manager. All interviewers were open to discussing the company, with pros and cons well stated.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected - typical discussion of previous projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation after the initial offer - desires were stated up front and the offer was very close to the desires. I used a recruiter, so salary discussions were mediated through that process.

Field Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avinger.

Interview

Phone screen lasted 15 minutes. Interviewed two days later with several people. Everyone was professional but relaxed. Very friendly atmosphere. Smart people. Great products but the company remains humble and focused on patients (customers) not money.

Interview Questions

• There were lots of questions about corporate culture and what kind of "fit" I wanted. The company is very team focused, so they place emphasis on finding team players.

I was asked to describe my perfect work environment, detailing as many aspects as I could.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avinger (Redwood City, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager lasted about 30 minutes. He gave an overview of job requirements and asked technical questions regarding experiences listed on resume. He invited me in for an in-person interview during the phone screen. During this interview, I met with the hiring manager, project manager, r&d and manufacturing engineers. Everyone was very accommodating and friendly. Pretty standard interview questions about tbe specifics of design projects I'd worked on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a complex mechanism you developed.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avinger (Redwood City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

VP and manager of manufacturing called me, they explain me what were they looking for, they asked me how would i considered to be a fit, and what was my background.

Marketing Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avinger (Redwood City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I received an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview with the would-be-boss of this position. The interview with the marketing manager was relaxed although had a structure. She told me lots about the company and the position, including how frustratingly regulated the industry is. Then I received an email from the recruiter to set up an in-person interview. They were very flexible on time and made it easy for me to get back to my current employer on time. The in-person interview was fun- they gave me bottled perrier and showed me the marketing space. I met with two of the people at the same time to save on time.

Interview Questions

• Name a company that makes a product you're excited about.   1 Answer