Avon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2018

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Avon website. Contacted by an HR associate and set up phone interview. After interview, called in for interview with HR manager and department manager I was interviewing for. Got a call the next week offering me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avon (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I had separate 1:1 interviews with 3 different Brand Managers, as well as a 1:1 interview with an HR rep. The brand management interviews were informal, friendly and conversational, with a few behavioral questions thrown in. The HR interview was the complete opposite. The HR rep was challenging and confrontational, and asked a few mini case questions, all over lunch in a crowded and loud setting. I would recommend being prepared for just about anything when you go in.

Interview Questions

• If I had a warehouse full of water bottles and needed to get rid of them ASAP, how would you market them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avon (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

They were hiring for multiple Associate Brand Manager positions so I met with representatives from three departments (color, skin care and fragrance) . The interviews were all fairly similar. Each started with a "give me a bit of your background" question. After explaining my education, professional experience and work style they asked further questions regarding my background. There was a heavy emphasis on corporate structure and each interviewer made it a point to explain where this position would fall and who is above, below and on the same level. Each asked why I was interested in beauty and why specifically Avon.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avon (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 people including HR and 3 marketing leaders. The interviews focused on relevant marketing experience as well as skill set. My experience was positive and eacher interviewer was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never accept the first offer, always negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Avon (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process seems to be ongoing...

Applied online (March 2014) and get called for phone interview ~3 weeks later (April 2014)

Had an initial phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with an Executive Director. I got invited to come in for an onsite interview 2 weeks later. I met with 2 Brand Managers, a Global Director, and the HR Manager.

I did not receive any feedback so I reached out (end of April) and was told the position just went on hold but I am still under consideration and I should check back in a month. So I followed up (end of May 2014) and got a response within 5 minutes that the position is still on hold and movement is expected in July and that I should follow up again.

So I followed up end of June and never got a response...no phone call/no email reply/no update to my status online...

Interview Questions

• We flipped through a fashion magazine and I had to pick an ad and explain what I liked about it and what I did not like and why.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avon.

Interview

Super quick. Got a call from a recruiter. Set up an interview for that week and met with 4 people in one day. Had an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avon.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interviewing process. Met with a Sr. Manager and Director and was hired.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any crazy questions. Everything was very typical.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avon (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

t was very intense and highly unorganized. I arrived at the downtown office and was greeted by HR reps, and given a schedule of my interviews for the day, at three different locations (including a water taxi ride to NJ).

At the first interview, I was rushed upstairs and sat down in an empty conference room and told my scheduled interviewer had not arrived yet. After about fifteen minutes in the room, two employees enter and begin spitting questions at me, including a coding/programming question. When I didn't have an answer they asked me why I even applied for "Programmer" if I couldn't write simple code. I responded saying I wasn't interviewing for programmer, but for a separate back office position. They admitted they had no idea they would even be interviewing applicants, and apologized for the mistake.

The interview was back in the city, and involved 3 separate 1:1 interviews. The first two went very well with all normal behavioral/experience interview questions. The third threw me for a curve ball. I was asked the current stock price of GS for that day (I had no idea, my own fault), as well as 2 case/"brain teaser" questions. 1) There are three light bulbs in a room. The switches corresponding to the bulbs are in a separate room. If you can only go into the light bulb room twice, how can you discern which switch corresponds to which light. 2) You have two pitchers, five and three gallons, how can you find four gallons.

Negotiation

Change Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avon (White Plains, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by Avon's recruiter for a phone screen.
    Two round interview process. The first round was a group interview and the second round was with one of the hiring managers.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Process interview very slow, she promise to call, and she do it 1month later. The package is good, but the interview poor and the benefits so so....

Interview Questions

• Only 2 questions laboral. Experience and capacity with the pc....   Answer Question

Beneficts poor...