Axon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Axon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Contacted online. Recruiter was one of the best I've ever worked with. Spoke on the phone a few times. I was invited in to meet with an engineer and gain a level of comfort with the team. I really appreciated that. Finally, I was asked to interview in person, with four staff, each for an hour. The experience on the day was incredible. The people were awesome and I really enjoyed working on the questions with them.

Interview Questions

• Plenty of questions about my experience. They took a genuine interest in real and important work experiences and their style was friendly and conversational. So refreshing.

Out of respect for a company that treated me very well from beginning to end, I will not divulge individual questions. However, if you have practiced your algorithm and data structure fundamentals and you can solve problems reasonably well, you will enjoy interviewing here. The questions are challenging, but the engineers are good at helping to bring out the best in you.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axon (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone screen with HR. The second interview was a 1:1 with the hiring manager. I wasn't selected to come on site for the group interviews, but that is because I informed the hiring manager that the salary range for the position was below my current compensation and we didn't want to waste each other's time.

Interview Questions

• Reverse engineer your resume, followed by questions using the STAR format to answer. Behavioral questions like tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help a team member. What was the situation, what tasks did you take, what was the result.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Axon in March 2014.

Interview

Began with an on-campus interview, followed by a phone interview, and finally an on-site interview at TASER HQ in Scottsdale. Interviews varied from standard getting-to-know-you questions to tricky brain teasers and technical engineering questions. I was interviewed by managers across various departments as well as the executive team. Met a lot of young people working for the company over lunch.

Interview Questions

• How many t-rex occupied what is now the United States?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Axon (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview then an onsite half day interview process. Overall about 4 hours of interviews. Multiple one on one interviews, then a "stress" test. They ask standard behavioral questions as well as "odd ball" questions.

The company views itself as a "tech start up" so it has that laid back feel. Avoid being overly "intense" or robotic.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the population increase of the US last year.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Axon (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

A week after my resume was sent, I received a call to setup a phone interview. Two days later, the interview was held. Questions about career history, expectations, and several logic questions.

Interview Questions

• You have a die(dice) and are running a game. It cost 1 for a roll. The payout is whatever you roll. What is the breakeven point?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axon.

Interview

Three four interviews with analytical and problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• How many snow shovels sold in the US last year?   19 Answers

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axon in May 2018.

Interview

Interviewer was really rude...she asked me why I didn’t have a job. Also, she didn’t start asking me behavioral questions until I had 9 minutes left. I didn’t even have time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Axon Response

Aug 8, 2018 – The Axon Team

We thank you for taking the time to write this review and are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience interviewing with us. We make it a priority for candidates to feel respected in the... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Axon (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Emailed about scheduling a phone interview. Called and told about the company and mission and asked technical questions regarding the product. The technical question had to do with estimates of the product success and the industry usage.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate?   1 Answer

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axon in February 2013.

Interview

first round interview was over the phone. Basic behavioral questions and some brain teasers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axon (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Pretty basic. Applied and next day got a request to do their assessment, very normal I would say.

So they have you do a coding review assessment and what was pretty straight forward, turned out not to be.

Directions in the problem were confusing to where the output was messed up and didn't make sense for what the solution would be used for in reality.

I did let the hiring team know about not agreeing with the solution and as I suspected they just I was wrong. I know I was right, because I've done that problem almost exactly the same for a assignment in school (MIT@VT) and got 100%. Either way I just mentioned to have them change the directions to allow for better understanding for what the solution ought to be.

Bottom line is: change the coding assessment directions to better explain what you're looking for.

Interview Questions

Axon Response

Aug 8, 2018 – The Axon Team

We thank you for taking the time to write this review and are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience interviewing with us. We want to keep candidates as informed as possible throughout the... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axon in March 2018.

Interview

1.) Coding Round- with MCQ's and coding questions.
    7 MCQ's and 2 coding questions from hackerrank.
    There were testcases which need to the be satisfied when your run the 2 coding questions

Interview Questions

• There were some MCQ's and two coding questions which could be solved in any of the languages you are comfortable with.   1 Answer