Axon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Axon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Contacted online. Recruiter was one of the best I've ever worked with. Spoke on the phone a few times. I was invited in to meet with an engineer and gain a level of comfort with the team. I really appreciated that. Finally, I was asked to interview in person, with four staff, each for an hour. The experience on the day was incredible. The people were awesome and I really enjoyed working on the questions with them.

Interview Questions

• Plenty of questions about my experience. They took a genuine interest in real and important work experiences and their style was friendly and conversational. So refreshing.

Out of respect for a company that treated me very well from beginning to end, I will not divulge individual questions. However, if you have practiced your algorithm and data structure fundamentals and you can solve problems reasonably well, you will enjoy interviewing here. The questions are challenging, but the engineers are good at helping to bring out the best in you.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Axon.

Interview

Google "wanna be". Panel of millennial's that wanted you to think there wasn't anything they could learn from any outsiders. Seemed to relish in the fact that they didn't have to work a full day and didn't seem to have any sort of work ethic.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Axon.

Interview

It was a good experience. Went through resume and then one coding question which hogged up the entire interview time. Overall experience good, but don’t know why a reject even after correct answer.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axon.

Interview

-applied online (company website)
    -email from recruiter requesting interview
    -phone interview with recruiter
    -phone interview with hiring manager
    -phone interview with recruiter
    -two hour on-site interview
    -told next week the position was offered to another candidate

EDP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Axon (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Had two phone interviews where they asked about my technical experience and some circuits problems. Then had a on-site interview that was mostly technical with few behavioral questions. The on-site interview that I did had at least 7 or 8 different circuits problems.

Interview Questions

• Light a LED from a battery using a GPIO using a PMOS than a NMOS transistor.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axon.

Interview

Recruiter sounded extremely rude in the first call. He started talking about how my current company is not so good and how Axon is the best in the world - in a arrogant manner. He initially told that its going to be introductory call, and started asking tech Qs. He was extremely disrespectful and arrogant through this entire call. No way I would consider this company as my future destination. Good luck Axon!

Axon Response

Mar 2, 2018 – The Axon Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We know that this response cannot change what happened but we will be taking your review into consideration. We... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axon (Seattle, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews that both went great. Interviewers were awesome, and made me really excited about the company. Recruiter suggested a call to go over next steps. That was when everything went south.

First, she tried to schedule a call during inconvenient times after getting my availability. Then, she asked what felt like intrusive questions around how my girlfriend feels about relocation. The way she asked about whether I was interviewing other companies also felt uncomfortable. She suggested that they wanted me to immediately say yes if I got an offer during final round. I tried to be honest in that I wanted to learn more about the culture during final round and also compare offers with the ones I've already gotten. She said she'll talk to the executives about the timeline (I had a two-week deadline from an offer.)

A day later, I got the email that they're going with other candidates at this time. From this experience, I felt like there was the wrong incentive of exaggerating my interest for Axon just so I could continue the interview process. Saying that Axon was in my top three considerations during the call wasn't enough.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axon in March 2018.

Interview

1.) Coding Round- with MCQ's and coding questions.
    7 MCQ's and 2 coding questions from hackerrank.
    There were testcases which need to the be satisfied when your run the 2 coding questions

Interview Questions

• There were some MCQ's and two coding questions which could be solved in any of the languages you are comfortable with.   1 Answer

Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axon (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

3 Phone Interviews. Spoke with people from different departments, then finally spoke with an HR representative. They really like when you talk about their company values and goals. They are very passionate, so be sure to explain why you agree with their mission and ideas.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axon.

Interview

Got an email asking me to click a link to schedule phone interview. In the place of phone interview link there was "INSERT LINK HERE". Sent them a mail saying that the schedule link is missing. I got a rejection mail after around 10 minutes.

Axon Response

Jan 30, 2018 – The Axon Team

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're sorry to hear about your negative application experience. Our candidates are very important to us, and we have followed up with our web team... More