Axon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Axon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Contacted online. Recruiter was one of the best I've ever worked with. Spoke on the phone a few times. I was invited in to meet with an engineer and gain a level of comfort with the team. I really appreciated that. Finally, I was asked to interview in person, with four staff, each for an hour. The experience on the day was incredible. The people were awesome and I really enjoyed working on the questions with them.

Interview Questions

• Plenty of questions about my experience. They took a genuine interest in real and important work experiences and their style was friendly and conversational. So refreshing.

Out of respect for a company that treated me very well from beginning to end, I will not divulge individual questions. However, if you have practiced your algorithm and data structure fundamentals and you can solve problems reasonably well, you will enjoy interviewing here. The questions are challenging, but the engineers are good at helping to bring out the best in you.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axon (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone screen with HR. The second interview was a 1:1 with the hiring manager. I wasn't selected to come on site for the group interviews, but that is because I informed the hiring manager that the salary range for the position was below my current compensation and we didn't want to waste each other's time.

Interview Questions

• Reverse engineer your resume, followed by questions using the STAR format to answer. Behavioral questions like tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help a team member. What was the situation, what tasks did you take, what was the result.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Axon in March 2014.

Interview

Began with an on-campus interview, followed by a phone interview, and finally an on-site interview at TASER HQ in Scottsdale. Interviews varied from standard getting-to-know-you questions to tricky brain teasers and technical engineering questions. I was interviewed by managers across various departments as well as the executive team. Met a lot of young people working for the company over lunch.

Interview Questions

• How many t-rex occupied what is now the United States?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

After applying via my school's website, I was contacted for an interview. I was interviewed by three people which was intimidating and they asked me several brainteaser questions

Interview Questions

• You are running a marathon. If you pass the person in third place, what place are you in now?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Axon (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview then an onsite half day interview process. Overall about 4 hours of interviews. Multiple one on one interviews, then a "stress" test. They ask standard behavioral questions as well as "odd ball" questions.

The company views itself as a "tech start up" so it has that laid back feel. Avoid being overly "intense" or robotic.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the population increase of the US last year.   2 Answers

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axon.

Interview

Three four interviews with analytical and problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• How many snow shovels sold in the US last year?   19 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Axon (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

A week after my resume was sent, I received a call to setup a phone interview. Two days later, the interview was held. Questions about career history, expectations, and several logic questions.

Interview Questions

• You have a die(dice) and are running a game. It cost 1 for a roll. The payout is whatever you roll. What is the breakeven point?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Axon (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Emailed about scheduling a phone interview. Called and told about the company and mission and asked technical questions regarding the product. The technical question had to do with estimates of the product success and the industry usage.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate?   1 Answer

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axon in February 2013.

Interview

first round interview was over the phone. Basic behavioral questions and some brain teasers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Axon (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

- Communicated with recruiter over email to schedule a screening code interview which was set up for the next week.
    - Did the standard coding interview with an engineer on their team. I was first asked to code FizzBuzz then with that done quickly we moved onto a more involved question which I can't recall right now.
    - Maybe a week later, I was brought in for 4 1-hour interviews with various team members including one of the managers. The questions were both behavioral and coding on a whiteboard. The questions were challenging but not puzzlers.
    - After about a week, I heard back from the recruiter that I was not being offered a position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Axon (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Smooth hiring process. I already had offers from top companies so I went straight to the onsite interview, which I understand is a rarity there (shows flexibility and sound reasoning).
    Standard software interview process - 4 interview questions about 30 to 45 minutes each.
    These folks asked some challenging and unique questions which was a pleasure. I also laughed a good bit with everyone while solving the problems, which was also a nice change.

This interview was slightly harder than my Google interview.