BBDO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BBDO

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BBDO (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied through an online application that asked for my website, resume, cover letter... Had two interviews via skype and phone with members of the account and strategy team. Was given verbal offer a couple weeks later and written offer days after that.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment are you looking for?   1 Answer

Marketing Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BBDO.

Interview

For such a well-respected agency, their interview process needs some serious work in the follow-up department. Interview process was pretty standard. Applied online, heard a couple of weeks later from someone on their talent team. Had an initial phone interview with a senior person on the talent team. Was then setup to speak with the hiring manager. Both chats seemed to go well, and then crickets. No updates from anyone on their team. It's been over a month, and I have yet to receive an update despite sending a follow-up note.

Interview Questions

• Appropriate questions for the role.   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BBDO in March 2019.

Interview

Very helpful, informative and I felt like they listened. I also enjoyed getting to know the creative team. They embraced and were genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my book?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BBDO in January 2019.

Interview

The process was quite natural. A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn about the opportunity and soon after I was called in for an interview. I met with a Creative Director and the interview seemed to be more of a chemistry check (they had seen my portfolio beforehand to make sure they were interested). The conversation was extremely laid back and pleasant, and I was introduced to others as they passed the open office. Due to busy schedules, I was unable to meet with an HR specialists. I waited around trying to reschedule for a month and a half before getting an offer without the meeting.

Internship Interview

Interview

The first week I had a 30 minutes Phone interview with executive just going through the resume - Next week I got an interview in the office. It took about 1 hour with the director. At the end there is a 40 minutes written test composed of grammar correction and reading analysis, which is difficult.

Digital Programmatic Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBDO (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

To put this into context, I was referred by an independent recruitment firm so I might have skipped 1 or 2 steps from a more traditional route however initially I've spoken to the recruiter which I undergone a phone interview and if things went well I would quickly meet the team. I went to the second round and met 3 out of 4 folks on the team for a pretty big account for the NYC office. The duration was rather long around close to 1.5 - 2 hours. After that was over, I've never received any feedback from my recruitment firm so of course it was an untold sign that I didn't make the final round of the process. The folks were nice in general and upfront which I appreciate it generally speaking. My only qualm if any, would be that they articulate on the job specs more clearly so that it avoid wasted time and preparation. The office is really nice and the location was ideal (minutes away from Columbus Circle).

Interview Questions

• Briefly, walk me through your background and how you've lead your team on a day to day basis and keeping this together in terms of deliverables.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBDO in September 2018.

Interview

I couldn’t have asked for a more efficient interview process. I applied online and received an email 30 minutes later. I interviewed with the group account director 2 days later. A week after my first interview, I had a second phone interview with the supervisor of the specific team that I would be working on. I received an offer 1 week later.

Creative Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBDO (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a super easy interview process. They wanted to make sure that I knew what the role was and knew what their expectations were. They made sure to not sugar-coat the responsibilities and duties I would have.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BBDO (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn and an interview was scheduled within a day or 2. I met with the team a week later and got an offer later that week.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience at [current agency]. What was a challenge you had to overcome while there?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BBDO (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Informed of opportunity from temp/staffing firm. Interviewed at McLean office. Interviewed with two groups of people. Interviewed first with manager of team. Behavioral interview. Interviewed next with members of team. Was more of a conversation.