BBR Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at BBR Partners

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BBR Partners.

Interview

There was an initial screener interview with HR on the phone, then an excel skills test via email, and then an interview at their office in New York with several VPs and other higher ups over the course of around 3 hours. Most people who worked at the company were quite young, and it seemed like an interesting and energetic group. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to, but HR was slow to respond over email regarding the logistics of the process. Additionally, they insisted that I come to their office from another state (a full day trip) for an interview instead of speaking over video conference, but did not offer any travel reimbursements or logistical aid even though it cost several hundred dollars to get there. Lastly, they failed to actually ever clarify whether I got the job and never responded to two follow up emails. Between the general lack of clarity and timeliness of the process, lack of courtesy in offering compensation for travel costs (other companies will either offer reimbursement or do a video interview), and failure to respond to follow emails (still no clarity after several weeks. It takes two minutes to simply email me that I did not get the job), the process was quite unprofessional as a whole for a company that prides itself on their relationships with and constant availability to clients. One can only hope that they treat those whose money they manage better than they treat job applicants.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions about the stock market, money management, basic accounting skills, and a deep dive into past financial experience as well as people skills experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Got a phone call from HR after applying through a contact/connection. Mostly questions regarding my résumé. Some behavioral questions, but nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Scheduled an online video chat style interview for a later date. Was interviewed by two people in two separate interviews. The questions were mostly technical in nature.

Interview Questions

• A couple questions regarding basic accounting knowledge.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BBR Partners in November 2013.

Interview

HR phone call. Representative acted as if he could not care less about what I was saying, and I have the perfect background for the role. He was borderline rude, giving monosyllabic answers to open- ended questions. He is a very poor representative of the firm. Not to sound anti-semetic, but my conclusion is...if you are not Jewish I would say don't even try. This is a Jewish firm, and all the senior people are very active in the NY Jewish community. Nothing wrong with that, but candidates should know this going in. Check the website profiles.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for rudeness from someone who already has his mind made up and is just going through the motions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBR Partners (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. You go in once, first meet with HR, they ask general behavioral questions. Then you meet with the two people you would work for, they ask mostly behavioral questions and one accounting question. Very nice people, not intimidating at all. They go over your experiences on your resume. They ask about your interests. They want to see if you're a fit.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives your former boss would say about you?   Answer Question

Client Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BBR Partners (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

The phone interview lasted about 20-30 mins. Very general questions about your resume. The face to face interview took place a few days later. Met with the individual I spoke to over the phone (HR). The HR person asked the same questions she asked over the phone and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
    • She mentioned they only hire VP's ... so what would you be able to bring to the table?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your last job? How did you like working with your old boss?   Answer Question

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBR Partners in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview at first, going over your experience and resume. Then during the in-person interview, going over the same things with HR. Then, met with two VP's- more job specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made an error; what happened and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question