BCG Digital Ventures Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Berlin (Germany)) in April 2018.

Interview

DV Berlin is incredibly thoughtful with their interview process, it is incredibly technical as well as they want to know who you are. Everyone is really friendly. I had to go through 5 rounds for the interview process, the first being HR call, 2nd being a phone call with an experience designer, the 3rd was a design challenge, 4th was in person panel as well as 1 on 1 interviews with at least 4 other senior employees, 5th was with an experience design director. Make sure you have the technical skills to back you up as well as presentation skills, they are really looking for incredibly talented people.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the design challenge, and incredibly technical questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was enjoyable. It involved an initial talk with a recruiter followed by a technical phone interview. Thereafter there was an onsite with 3 interviews. One was technical and the rest behavioural. I answered all the technical questions quickly and felt good about all the interviews but got no offer. Recruiters would provide no feedback

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First was conference call with other potential interns. Then a hour-long technical phone screen with senior engineer. Then finally was an onsite with hiring manager where they'll have you write code on a white board.

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic computer fundamentals (ie. data structures, algorithms, CS concepts and terminology, etc.)   1 Answer

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures.

Interview

The interview process had 4 phases:
    1. Technical recruiter
    2. Senior strategist
    3. Case Study interview
    4. Break out with multiple teams

Overall they are very thorough with their questions and want to make sure you are the right fit for them and their company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

first there was a phone call interview, then two technical interview which had a lot of hard questions, phone call interview was intimidating but not too bad, the technical interview was coding challenge

Senior Strategic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Mixed signals, including on whether they'd even be hiring for this role or not. I got conflicting information on what exactly the SSD does during my interviews, and then was given condescending feedback by the recruiter on skills and tasks another SSD had told me were not a part of the role.

The BCGDV work seems really cool and contemporary, and I give them credit for doing so much in the few years they've been around; however, this meant that nearly every person I spoke with had been with the company for less than a year and was also new to the landscape. It was clear that while the team is likely brilliant and made up of very accomplished individuals, that they are still working out the distinctions between who does what, and this kind of miscommunication makes it very hard for a candidate like myself to satisfy every interviewer.

Another thing that was very jarring and I would caution against is that I was told that I'd be presenting my work to a panel of three staffers, but when I arrived only one person was in the office, and the other two people were joining remotely. The screen where I was projecting, the camera, and the phone were all in different spots in the room, and it was very disorienting to know where to look and where to project my voice. It would have been helpful to be told all of this before the interview.

Another review by an SSD candidate below is very similar to the experience I had, in that while they seemed to be asking for one thing (a person focused on bringing human insights to projects), they really wanted something wholly dissimilar in the end (a combination UX designer and venture architect) . In the future, it would help candidates a lot if the current team was more clear about what was and what was not the job of the SSD.

Senior Strategic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process followed a pretty standard one. Phone screen, a few phone interviews, a few skype interviews, and finally an on-site with 4 interviews.

Overall when communication was actually happening everything felt really smooth, but throughout the process, the recruiter would drop off and wouldn't respond for 1-2 weeks at a time. Very frustrating to say the least when trying to schedule calls. Also, when planning for the on-site, I got very little help with scheduling flights. At least they paid for it, but at first wanted me to...

During most interviews, I was pleasantly surprised by the level of questions and the conversations had. I was able to speak to a broad (vertical and horizontal) set of individuals and came impressed each time.

Once the offer came, I was surprised by where it landed given DV's association with BCG. Had to negotiate pretty hard for what I needed... Some of it expected, but some of it felt borderline being taken advantage of.

Interview Questions

• Most significant failure and why?
      What have you built from scratch, how and why?   Answer Question

Interview

Smooth. It was not a traditional interview process. Met with stake holders and they made a decision very fast about whether they wanted to extend an offer. Follow ups from this point flowed quickly and I was able to make my decision.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Manhattan Beach, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. I met with six people (ranging from PM, Lead PM, director, and principal) over a two day period. Everyone was friendly, and excited about the rapid growth of the company. The interviews about 45 minutes long, and they asked standard questions about my previous roles, what I was looking for in a company, etc. They asked a lot of questions about working well with teams and building products.

Background checks generally take 2-4 weeks for everyone, so that was the only hold up in moving forward.

Interview Questions

• They gave a scenario about a product being built, and how I would take it to market.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation involved, salaries are fairly consistent based on the role

Anon Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures.

Interview

Started off with a recruiter expressing interest and requesting a time to talk. No response even after follow up. Weeks go by and they respond with an apology and request another time to talk...again no reply. I am questioning the legitimacy of this company.

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures.

Interview

Agree with the interview folks below. I've been trying to co-ordinate with them for over 2+ months now. Some introductory calls, missed calls and interviewers not showing up for scheduled interviews. Quite a frustrating process thus far. I've heard good things about the company so I was optimistic but after this process I might have to reconsider

Interview Questions

• Basic introductory questions about background, areas of interest and experience   1 Answer