BCLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BCLC Interview Questions

2.9

Marketing and Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCLC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I went through two steps of the hiring process. The first one was a phone interview of about 15-20 minutes. For the second step, I met in person with two managers. Then, I waited three weeks to receive an email stating that they had chosen to proceed with another applicant.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about another project you led from A to Z that shows that you would be good for this role?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BCLC (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Courteous but reading from a screen, standard pre-screening question. Professionals going by the HR book. Interview took 15 minutes and is a mix of general question about the candidate and specific question regarding the job posting requirement. Very open to answer questions about the job, the company and the policies.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BCLC (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Probably because the position was open for quite some time or, because I was exceptionally good (hard to believe) - I had a overall great experience.
    I had a initial telephonic interview by HR to ensure that I was fit for the opening and I'd say, it was quite decent round of filtering (unlike typical HR questions).
    I was then setup for an interview with the hiring manager and test manager - which took about 1 hour. Quite relevant questions and very friendly atmosphere. At the end of the interview, I was quite confident that I managed to impress them (but, it aint over till the fat lady sings..).
    I cant remember exactly - but the HR came back quite early that they were quite interested and would like to invite me for another round of interview - with peers. This was not an interview - just like a pre-job icebreaker. Pleasent experience.
    I got an offer almost immediately - but the screening process takes a while.

Interview Questions

• I worked on building web services before applying. So, a lot of questions were around that and didnt find it difficult.   1 Answer

SAP Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCLC.

Interview

submitted my resume directly to the company. Had a phone interview with around 3-4 persons. Questions asked focused mainly on past projects and work done for past clients.
    Interviewees were very friendly and approachable.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BCLC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Basic phone interview. Then 1+ hour in person interview. 2nd interview of 2 hours consisting of interview process and case study

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Case study was basic sales year over year analysis but was done by calculator taking up most of the 1 hour time   1 Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BCLC (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through co-op, got called for interview, filled out application online, came into their office for a panel interview, received a job offer letter a few days afterwards. Overall was an easy and seamless experience

Interview Questions

• Previous experiences in other similar jobs   1 Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BCLC (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

Contacted by Staffing Agency that found my resume on Monster.ca. Completed interview with Staffing Agency and within a week, interviewed with client. Waited almost a month and a few changes in the job description before receiving the position as they were exercising their options.

Interview Questions

• What languages am I familiar with and how comfortable am I at modifying code?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Because of the change in the job description and additional responsibilities, a higher hourly rate was requested due to these changes. We agreed at the halfway point for the increase.

Manager, Data Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BCLC (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in July 2009.

Interview

Slow moving organization that took a long time to contact me after applying. Initial telephone to short list with a panel using a scripted interview. Once short listed, company payed transportation costs to Kamloops. Interview consisted of another panel interview with Director, HR and another group's rep.
    Following interview I was given a tour of the organization and the work site. Left to meet with current manager (moving to a new role) and some staff. After this I had a more intimate discussion and lunch with the director. Very positive.
    No follow up from company whether I received the role. Later discovered that they reposted the position to find a better fit.

Interview Questions

• If you were successful in this role how would you deal with an employee who also competed for the position and was unsuccessful.   1 Answer

New Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BCLC (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in February 2009.

Interview

They were very slow in the selection and interview process. It would be weeks between contacts. They were very concerned about if I was ready to work for a crown corporation. The Director I interviewed with was very into herself.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal working in company that not only had competitive pressures but political ones as well?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Slow and very stuck on these salary ranges that people fell into.