BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BDO USA

2.6

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Boston, MA) in May 2020.

Interview

Applied online and got a response requesting a time to set up an interview with them. After a fairly easy phone interview, the recruiter did not keep in touch with me for two weeks. After asking them for an update, I received an automated rejection email. I felt after spending a lot of time talking with this specific recruiter over email and phone that it felt very impersonal and rude to not send the rejection email themselves. Companies should take the time and give their candidates feedback or else it shows they truly did not value their time in the first place.

Intern Interview

Interview

3 round of interview. one round was with HR around thirty minuts, next round was with two manager around 1 hours to 1.30 hours and than coffee round around 1 hours with two associates.

Intern Interview

Interview

I loved it. Super simple and easy to talk to. Met the staff at career fair, exchanged emails with the partner. Resulted in a one-on-one interview with a partner and hit it off from there. They typically let you know within a month later. All around great experience!

Interview Questions

• Very informal. Gave a background of myself and then discussed accordingly. Great people!   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Quick and concise. Spoke to two different people within hierarchy of firm. Was an interesting interview as I was asked worthwhile questions. People were interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

BDO USA Response

Mar 21, 2020 – CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER

Thanks for sharing your experience. So glad you felt our culture as reflected through your interviewers was genuine and the conversations interesting.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BDO USA in March 2020.

Interview

I had to record a video of myself on Yello. This took about 30 minutes. I was asked 3 questions in total. One of them was a behavioral question. I was given two chances for each question. When the question was asked, I had 5 seconds to think of a response before it started recording me automatically.

Interview Questions

BDO USA Response

Mar 21, 2020 – CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER

Thanks for posting. We hope you found our virtual interview an easy and convenient start to getting to know each other!

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted my application for an internship and heard back about 3 months later. They asked when I would be available for two phone interviews and confirmed dates for them. Was called for two back-to-back interviews on the phone.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Columbus, OH) in February 2020.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview in which I met with a Tax Manager. My interviewer was extremely friendly and genuine. He mentioned the company culture and the good characteristics of his coworkers. I left the interview confident and excited.

Interview Questions

• Named a time you worked with a difficult group and what you did to improve the circumstance.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Process consisted of applying online and then interviewing in their office. Interview was very behavioral; pretty much establishing if you're a good fit/if you're the kind of person they would want to work with for 40+ hours

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with managing multiple deadlines? If so please explain   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

the interview process was straightforward. 3 back to back interview with 2 managers and a partner. all were behavioral questions and 30 mins each. they were approachable. it was more about like a casual conversation.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied to a job but got diverted into another track. Met with head of office day after contact from HR. Phone call with department head a week and a half later. Then offer within 3 business days of that.