BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2018

2.6

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Very straight forward interview about past job experience. Prepare to sell yourself as already having experience and not merely as being willing to acquire it. Smart to have CPA or EA designation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were unable to complete a task and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey Village, Harris, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (Jersey Village, Harris, TX).

Interview

Very easy going process. I applied through Glassdoor. In 2 weeks I got a email for on site interview. And within a week I got the result.The office was amazing so were the people working there. My buddy was great.Interview was followed by lunch with the staff and the other hirees.In one sentence it was really a amazing experience.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

The entire process was drawn out and non-transparent. I applied online. Spoke with the recruiter briefly, who had terrible follow up skills. Then I was scheduled and spoke with one person and then nearly 3 weeks later, I spoke with someone else. The first interviewer was laid back and polite. The 2nd I detected was jealous of my background and saw me as a threat. I emailed the recruiter to follow up and heard radio silence. I then logged into the system and saw i was no longer being considered. Considering I had all the requirements for the role, I am not sure why I even spoke to the 2nd person and not the hiring manager. BDO is not big 4 but they certainly have the same nasty and unethical hiring practices.

Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA in March 2018.

Interview

HR Emailed me to set up a call for interview , First Round was with an Partner , Second Round round was with director , Third Round with Partner , Last Round with Managing Parter

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through our school's career website for their internship spots. Three days after the application deadline, I got a notification that I was chosen to interview for the company. There was a pre-interview dinner with the other interviewees and partners. It was fun and it was just about the partners and students getting comfortable with each other. The interview the next day was in the campus. Both partners were really approachable and helpful. They mostly asked about the things on my resume and based their questions there. Just like other interviews, they are going to ask you if you have questions for them. Make sure you have a couple ones ready. They got back three weeks later through email that they didn't choose me.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Pre-Interview dinner the night before the interview then the next morning I interviewed with a partner where the interview was mainly a conversation about him and myself. The interview itself was quite conversational and is nothing to worry about going into.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA in March 2018.

Interview

I applied on their website and immediately got an e-mail from HR the day after. Had 5 interviews (4 over the phone, 1 face-to-face). The most challenging aspect of the interview was to get schedules aligned and prompt communication. as it seems like most, if not all, of the interviewers were in a transition phase and/or travelling. HR, however, was always friendly and while it was difficult to get in motion, they ultimately were apologetic when they weren't as prompt and they remained transparent when they could. The process spanned over 3 months.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview was with four partners and their HR director. They asked me to describe a day when things did not go well and how I rectified the situation. They asked behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a time when I failed at a project or let the ball drop on an assignment   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

First round I spoke to the recruiter. Went to the superday and spoke to 2 mangers. Overall was a nice experience. Behavioral questions and asked questions about the resume. The interview was really fast. 30 min for first round and 40 min on the superday

Summer Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Boone, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

30 minute interview. Very laid back. We talked about my resume and about BDO. The lady was kind of awkward, but in the end I had a positive experience. I was not a huge fan of the 1 on 1 setting.