BDO USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2018

2.6

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Very quick turnaround. Had a phone interview with a recruiter by the end of the call received an invitation to interview on site. The interview on site was strictly behavioral and was more like a conversation than an interview. I enjoyed the conversations I had with managing directors and a partner.

Interview Questions

• Why BDO? Why business restructuring?   2 Answers

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Phone interview followed by face to face interview with a panel of 5 people - MD, Directors, Senior Manager and Manager. More of a fit interview than a technical or skills interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial Phone interview, followed by face-to-face interviews with 5 people. Was told it would be individual interviews, but they decided to do a group interview, which worked out well in the end.

Consulting Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from recruiter within a week. Scheduled an interview with Director and Sr. Manager after about a month. Was called in for an interview with Managing Director 2 weeks after that.
    Overall very straight forward. Very nice and very sharp people, they seemed happy to be there. Seemed like I could learn a lot from them.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experience and general resume. Asked regarding specialization in previous job. Strengths/weaknesses. Ability to work with others and on my own without direction. General questions that would be expected in an interview. Some specific questions on excel skills as this job is excel heavy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was very straightforward with three interviews and a final offer.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer did not ask me any questions at all about myself. He simply said "what do you want to know about the firm?" and I had to come up with questions for 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pitt, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BDO USA (Pitt, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

I did not have an interview experience. I was hired from a firm they were working with.

Interview Questions

• What type of animal would you like to be and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BDO USA (Albany, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First email, then phone x2, then in person x3, then a final phone. Overall fairly easy, and only took 2-3 weeks from the time of application. Prepare, but don't overprepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BDO USA (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for Audit Intern position for Houston through my internal auditing program at school. Very nice and laid back interview. Interviewed with an audit manager who was nice, which you can get the misconception of possibly getting the offer. Interview lasted about 40 minutes. No unusual questions, mostly behavioral questions, ex. tell me a time when... Need to research about the company as well. Interviewed in Spring 2014 for summer intern position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BDO USA (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

BDO has a great culture. People are very friendly there and easy to talk to. The interviews were very conversational and you can tell that the professionals really want to get to know you. They also provide a pre-interview social/dinner before the campus interview so you will have the chance to meet the interviewer before you actually have the interview the next day.

Audit Interview

Application

I interviewed at BDO USA in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through career website and got invited to the interview. There are two rounds of interview:

- The first round was on campus. It was pretty easy, just a couple questions about resume and pass experience.

- The second round was at office and consisted of 3 interviews with management people. Very conversational inteviews, just to get to know you.