BENTELER Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BENTELER Group Interview Questions

Interviews at BENTELER Group

2.7

Cost Estimator Interview

Interview

Interview was professional yet courteous. Many direct questions regarding previous experience and what value I would bring to the company. Consider it a typical interview with little personal conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is one area of personal development?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BENTELER Group (Holland, MI) in December 2019.

Interview

I had a 30 minute interview with a very professional recruiter. We talked about my outlook for my future and experience I could bring to the company. Great people looking for motivated team members.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bentler?   1 Answer

ET Automation Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BENTELER Group.

Interview

First interview was with HR and the technical team you will work with. Second interview with Department Head. Both technical questions as well as personality questions were asked. You are also provided with some questions on paper

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BENTELER Group (Shreveport, LA) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received a call asking to come in for an onsite interview and tour. My interview was rescheduled by Benteler twice, both times only getting a few hours notice for the need to reschedule.

First I was put in a room and given a quiz to complete. The HR rep came in after about 10 minutes and sat down to talk to me but couldn't find the professionals who were supposed to interview me. The HR rep talked about how she dislikes Louisiana (a place I have just moved to) and did not discuss the company or job at all, even when I tried to steer the conversation that way. The other interviewers eventually came in and collected the quiz and never said a word about it. I was asked standard interview questions about my experience, but was interrupted frequently to be quizzed about various topics I mentioned. The way the questions were asked were beyond a typical interview questioning and made the interview feel hostile, like they were trying to catch me in lie. The interviewers said they had an immediate need for someone, but at the same time couldn't tell me what projects I would be working on. While being walked out of the building by the HR rep, she spoke negatively about one of the other interviewers, which I thought was very unprofessional.

Although I have 6 years of project engineering experience they only offered an entry level position. The offer was for 75K with up to a 10% bonus, 6% 401K match, and 2 weeks vacation. I countered with 82K and 4 weeks vacation, comparable to my current compensation and was immediately denied so I declined the offer.

Overall I felt like they did not try to "sell" me on the job at all. Only negatives were pointed out (such as having to be in the hot steel mill in the Louisiana summer heat) and they did not appear to have any company culture to make Benteler a positive place to work.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working in a steel mill environment?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BENTELER Group (Holland, MI) in May 2019.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I was called a few days later by the HR Manager in Holland, MI to schedule an in person interview. I interviewed with 2 people at once and was given a tour of the manufacturing area and office area. One of the extrusion manufacturing lines is undergoing a big renovation. The office area is an open concept of small desks in "pods" very close to each other.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in an Union manufacturing environment before?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for Benteler Automotive?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about learning the products and processes in this role?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BENTELER Group.

Interview

initially it was a telephonic interview for screening and then the other interview was onsite which was more technical with hiring manager and Human resource manager which went on for hour and half.

Production Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BENTELER Group.

Interview

It was nice. The interview good practice. The person on the phone was very nice to speak with. Did find any of the questions hard to answer. And it seems like a good company.

CNC Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kentwood, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BENTELER Group (Kentwood, MI) in February 2019.

Interview

HR lady with near zero knowledge choosing who to hire? I was never introduced to anyone else while interviewing. Pretty sad especially with someone that is more than capable with 10 years experience. I however obviously dodged a bullet but don't waste peoples time.

Interview Questions

• Her, "Well I normally walk people through the shop, so lets do that"   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BENTELER Group (Shreveport, LA) in March 2018.

Interview

Have to take a test at BPCC. It was fun. The lady who interviewed me was really nice and she answered all my questions and calls after the interview.

IT Desk Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BENTELER Group (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

There are 2 people sitting in a small room in a casual way to start the job interview. They are very kind, and welcome the new comers. You don't have to worry about the interview do much.