BI WORLDWIDE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BI WORLDWIDE

3.3

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BI WORLDWIDE (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

A long and drawn out process. multiple face to face and phone interviews, a full day in Minneapolis to present and meet with all levels of the organization, final face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

hire at two levels, 80k and 120k.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BI WORLDWIDE (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2009.

Interview

Detailed, and from what I hear it's gotten longer and more detailed. I originally interviewed in 2007, and it still was very thorough. Now they have all the new sales folks do a group presentation as well. It's not quick, but it gives you a great feel for the organization.

Interview Questions

• Detail your experience from the viewpoint of running your own business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Almost non-existent as it's a standard package. It's changed since I was hired (for the better I think).

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BI WORLDWIDE (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very long and detailed. Must take tests first and if you pass you speak to others working in the area you will be working in. If all goes well you get invited to Minneapolis for a very tough day long interview process. Its tough but it seems to be the best way to make sure there is a fit on both sides.

Interview Questions

• Most questions dealt with prospecting style and account development style.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BI WORLDWIDE (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

This was one of the longest interview processes I have experienced. The first step is an online assessment, both personality and IQ type. The next step is interviews with the regional management. This could be two or more interviews and discussions. The final step is a day long interview at the corporate office with VPs from throughout the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? They are very specific about solid work history and if you have a gap, it needs to be explained.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BI WORLDWIDE (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was thorough - met with a lot of people over the course of multiple interviews. Everyone was nice & asked great questions. I also had to take a personality test. Plus I had to travel for the follow-up interview. The overall experience was good. The salary negotiation was a little tough.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Normal. But based salary on average of past 3 years of earnings.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BI WORLDWIDE (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2011.

Interview

I met with a variety of people over the course of the interviewing process. This started with Human Resources, the direct hiring manager, and several members of the team I would be working with. The process was handled professionally, and scheduling was flexible to accommodate my schedule.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BI WORLDWIDE (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

Basic questions to start with - give examples of your work history, database experience, working with teams onshore and off shore. More advanced questions once you have answered the basics plus given a scenario to solve. White board answer required. Be prepared to enter SQL and code a response!

Interview Questions

• Specific code scenario (solve the given problem)   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BI WORLDWIDE (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

Comprehensive. They reviewed all positions I had held in the last 20 plus years in detail. They wanted to know exactly what deliverables I brought, what challenges I faced, what strengths, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest project success   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BI WORLDWIDE (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

Well thought out and multi step. Phone interviews. In person interviews and they day-long interviews with management, senior management and owner (if available). They really want to make sure this is a good fit for everyone. They test you and your ability to do the job. They want to see your presentation skills too.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. They have this down to a science, and they find good people.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BI WORLDWIDE (Edina, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for what I though was a Business Analyst position, making sure to review responsibilities and qualifications before doing so to make sure it was a good match. When I arrived for a in-person panel interview, I quickly learned that they wanted someone much more technical. I was asked about experience with software and technology I was unfamiliar with that was NOT listed on the posting. Later, I was told they were looking for someone that "thinks like an engineer" That's great and all, but please don't waste my time and money leaving my consulting job to interview here! Make sure you list what you are looking for on the job posting!

Interview Questions

• Do you know ________ software?
      Show me how you would write this SQL query________   Answer Question