BJC HealthCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and keep me up to the moment I was offer a position with the hospital. The background requirements did take some time but I can understand why.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Peters, MO).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The HR coordinator was given my name and phone number but couldn't find my application and I had to reapply. After I reapplied I was told to call the HR coord directly, which I did. She set up a phone interview, and called me 45 mins after the scheduled time. I completed the phone interview and she set up an in person interview before hanging up. The in person interview uses the STAR method and was with a higher level HR person, possibly a manager. They read questions from a book and then she typed my responses up on the computer. You needed to answer using the STAR method or she would ask the question again. Then I was taken into the actual hospital and interview with the ANM, I was asked some of the same questions and some different, again using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about customer service and dealing with difficult people.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The position was that of Sourcer, and I was interviewed by the competition, a Sourcer. I was told, the position was open because the predecessor "went to another department" (hum!). I NEVER received feedback regarding the phone interview; and I assume, the Sourcer would not want to recommend competition that has better recruitment and sourcing skills than himself! Overall, it was a poor experience and waste of time!

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called me and we set up a phone interview. 40 minute phone interview went very well, I was very prepared and thorough and lady was nice. She ended with stating that she would email me information regarding my unit interview later in the day. (She even gave me directions and went through salary in detail) I patiently awaited an email that never came. I called after 2 days to leave a voicemail respectfully asking to please advise if position was still available as I had not received said email. Never heard back...until 2 weeks later the same recruiter called AND emailed wanting to know if I wanted to interview for the same position (the one I had already interviewed with her for!) While it really annoyed me that she had clearly forgotten that we had already spoken, I responded with both phone call and email and again, never heard back. Uh, what?! have no respect for a company who doesn't have the decency to respond and actually goes out of the way to deliberately ignore candidates. How unprofessional and disappointing.

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was called for a phone interview less than a week later. I was then told to come in a few days later for a face to face. I met 2 supervisors and was shown around on the floor. A few days later i recieved a call to have a peer interview that lasted 20-30 mins.

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

Telephone interview after being recruited on LinkedIn.v. Initial recruiter reached out on linked in. When I responded, forwarded to the local recruiter. Had a few phone convesations prior to actual interview. Awaiting second interview, with unit manager. Recruiter was very flexible with timing and with required submissions. Very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• A time you made a clinical error, and what you did about it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

I completed an online application through the BJC website and I completed their online assessment. I was then scheduled for a telephone Interview with an HR rep. Then I had panel Interview with three managers. They asked almost all situational based questions. I also had to complete a typing test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service   Answer Question

PI Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a panel interview that consisted of about 7-8 employees. They asked mostly scenario based questions... Tell me about a time when.... Although there were many people in the interview room, it was not very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a barrier?   Answer Question

Medica Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

first there was a phone screen thats lasted about 15 minutes. then the recruiter felt like i was a good match so she set up a face to face interview with her, & lastly a interview with the department manager who stated she liked me & showed me around the office.

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview

Applied online through BJC website. Received phone call from HR recruiter a few days later. Did a phone screen with HR in which they asked basic behavioral type questions and things such as why our hospital? why the particular unit? etc. Had an informal phone interview with the floor manager a couple days later and was asked to come in for a half day shadow the next week. The shadowing day allowed a great opportunity to get a feeling for the unit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you took care of patient that was diverse from you.   Answer Question