BQE Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.2

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BQE Software (Torrance, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume via email. Received first contact via email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview conducted one week later. Kept in contact via phone and email to set up onsite one on one interview with VP of sales. Overall process was very easy, very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why did I chose to leave my job of 10yrs to work for BQE?   1 Answer

BQE Software Response

Apr 7, 2017 – Resource Development Manager

Welcome to the team! We are happy that our improved and high-touch, recruiting process was pleasant and expedient. We take pride in communicating with our candidates, as well as employees, to ensure ... More

Inside Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BQE Software (Torrance, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Incredibly unprofessional company. I applied, and one day out of the blue I had someone from HR call me up to ask me a few questions. They ended up blindsiding me with interview questions out of the blue.

From there I was scheduled to interview with the interviewer. I waited for 20 minutes after our scheduled interview time, only for the interviewer to not call me. I emailed the person who scheduled the interview to reschedule, so we did for the next day at the same time. No biggie, things happen.

Except for the interviewer never called me back again. Absolutely unprofessional. If this is how they treat their potential candidates, how do they treat their potential clients?

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BQE Software (Torrance, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was called in a few days after my initial application. There was a three stage interview starting off with the first being a group interview with a few of the supervisor & sales managers from their sales department. That went over relatively simple, they try to get a feel for your schedule, personal interests, applicable experiences, nothing out of the ordinary and should be simple. Second step was a little strange where they sit you with one of their sales assistants as a day in the life for about two hours, I thought this was a bit lengthy and should be handled in the training process. Stage three was a meeting with the VP of sales and that went over relatively well, we shared a few laughs on got down to business.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   Answer Question
    • How would you tell a customer that his invoices are past due and get them settled?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BQE Software.

Interview

The interview was a multi-part process which included speaking with the manager, sitting with a current employee to "shadow" and then wrapping up with a peer interview. The first two parts of the process were straight forward, but doing a peer interview with people who had never actually done an interview was bizarre. They didn't know what questions to ask and went with canned questions that were generic. This is likely where the interview went downhill and I'm not upset that I didn't get an offer. If you're going to have people participate in the hiring process, make sure they're actually trained to perform that function and can provide valuable feedback on the candidate after the interview.

Interview Questions

• From the peer interview: Tell me where you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BQE Software (Torrance, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple they bring you in and have you present your designs. They don't really understand the position and aren't willing to pay for top talent. They are looking to get someone with high level skills and low pay. Very low pay. Seems like a decent company and they have a great office but it's pretty clear that management doesn't really understand what they are looking for nor do they truly understand what UX/UI Designers do. Seems like a good place for someone new or having a career change but certainly not for anyone with advanced skills and experience.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BQE Software (Torrance, CA).

Interview

I applied via Linkedin. I had one in person interview and several phone interviews. The interview was pretty standard. I went to the office and spoke to a manager. He reviewed my work samples and talked about how much he loved Apple.

Negotiation

It was horrible. They low balled me so much and it took a couple of weeks to bring them up. The offer was still nowhere near market rate. I should have declined the offer but needed to work.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BQE Software (Torrance, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and efficient. I responded to a Craigslist ad via email and was contacted via email and phone within one week to arrange a time for an interview. My interview lasted for at least an hour, where the interviewer reviewed my resume and we discussed my past experience. Finding that I had many experiences that qualified me for the job, I was confident at the end of the interview that I had a very good chance at getting the job. I was offered the job within one additional week and began working two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any questions to be difficult or unexpected. I had been looking for work for quite a while, had researched the company prior to attending the interview, and felt that the interview was fair and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. This interview occurred during the recession of 2009 and I was desperate to work. I gladly accepted the offer noting that ANY pay check is better than no pay check.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BQE Software (Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Three rounds and one HR. Continued for one week. Enjoyed all the rounds. In first one, only SQL and related questions. In second, rest api, jQuery, and web development related questions. In third, general programming related questions. And the last one was HR.

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BQE Software (Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through online,I got call after 2 days.Interview was very Impressive,Was on Time.It took about 15 minutes to finish the Interview.Interview was held by Hr Manager and Quality Lead.Interview was held in Srinagar office.Questions wre relevant to QA process.The offer was given to me after 5 days.

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BQE Software in May 2011.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview. This was followed by a short one on one interview. There were not a lot of behavioral questions at the interview. There were mostly questions asking for specific examples of technical programs you were familiar with, as well as other tests of knowledge and skill.