BQE Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Shafat Qazi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing place to work"

I have been working at BQE Software full-time

Pros

They really emphasize Team Work. Everyone here is always willing to assist you when you need help.

Great environment to be in. They really believe in giving you a balance of personal life and work.

Lots of perks. Endless coffee!

Cons

None so far. Which is great!

Advice to Management

The level of care you show employees is amazing. Don't ever stop that. Very few companies actually care this much about their employees.

"Great Experience All the Way Through!"

I have been working at BQE Software full-time

Pros

Excellent Communication between the company and I throughout the hiring process. The Welcoming environment really makes me look forward to my future with the company!

Cons

None that I can think of

Apr 7, 2017 – Resource Development Manager

Thank you! We work hard to communicate with our candidates and our employees in every aspect of what we do. Our transparency is one of our values, and we will continue to promote communication within... More

3. "One of the best companies to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at BQE Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great benefits: Paid Health Insurance. Time off after 6 Months. Sick Time every Month accrued.
    -Culture: It is the most collaborative, less stressful environment I have ever worked with within company.
    -Management: There has been a few people in management and recruiting who are tailored to make the company head in a positive, open door policy. Most companies micro manage in some sort of way, in BQE, no sense of that yet.
    Time: M-F type of job and weekends off. Plus all major holidays off with some extras too.

Cons

Pay: Starting pay isn't that great compared to other companies, but they promote growth with results and have a compensation plan to make up for it so it balances out.
    Hiring Process: It took a while to go from start to first day on the job. But not a real con but wished it was a shorter process.

Advice to Management

Experience should match the pay regardless of the title they are applying for. Salary and Compensation sometimes does not match the experience and title of the person who is working under that.

Apr 7, 2017 – Resource Development Manager

Thank you for this response! We pride ourselves on continuing improvement in all areas, and strive to deliver a fun, dynamic, and engaging work environment. As we continue to refine and strengthen... More

4. "Great Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Marketing in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Torrance, CA

I worked at BQE Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BQE is a great place to start your career after college. Everyone is very nice and treats you like family. Managers are patient in helping you learn and grow within your role. There are many benefits including free food, small on-site gym, new building feel, fun company events, 100% health insurance, etc. They are also flexible with your schedule (for good reasons) which I highly appreciate.

Cons

There isn't a set career growth plan for individuals, so you can expect to work in the same role and do the same thing for awhile. However, I know they are making efforts to make one (it's just taking some time to implement it). Also, I do have to agree with other reviewers that BQE isn't really known for having the best pay in the industry (but there are small incentives for making the sales goal every month). The office location isn't in a great place either, there are no good food locations and very far from freeways.

Advice to Management

Focus on employees' long-term growth plans and find ways to improve the company's fun culture.

Apr 7, 2017 – Resource Development Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are proud of the work that all of our team members do, and are always looking to improve ourselves. We are strengthening our career development programs to ensure that... More

"Sales Assistant"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Torrance, CA

I worked at BQE Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, free lunches, gym, nice office building and supplies

Cons

-low pay
    -promotion with no pay raises. You will grow within the company but not really "grow".
    -Some management are great while others are super anal and will ding you if you are 1 minute late.
    -no training

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees financial growth rather than making the building look pretty. Higher pay with not as new equipment is always better than brand new equipment and low pay.

6. "Sales Assistant"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Torrance, CA

I have been working at BQE Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is very warm and welcoming. The open lay out of the office puts off a "we are all one team" feel. Trust or your dependability as an employee is not something you feel you have to earn, rather just keep and continue to build on the positive relationship you've started with.

Cons

There is a company provided GYM available for all to use. And that is great!....only im my case, its been awhile since I've gotten back into my work out routine, so it constantly reminds me to stop being lazy! lol. That's the only con I can come up with. This place is great!

"Great company!"

Pros

Incredible company, staff, leadership, everything. Very focused on ensuring employees feel valued and appreciated. Good transparency and communication. You feel good about the work you do, and you know that you are supported.

Cons

Nothing yet. They know their strengths and weaknesses, and are constantly working to improve.

"Not Great, Not Bad"

I have been working at BQE Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Low Pressure work environment, free lunches

Cons

Low Pay, Minimal opportunities to advance.

Advice to Management

Dont worry about building a cool office building and instead focus on making your employees financially successful.

"Sales Account Manager"

Former Employee - Sales in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Torrance, CA

Pros

On top of technology. The owner has a strong vision for his company and its overall success. Free lunches often. Cool work environment. Stable with full benefits, etc.. Kind bonuses.

Cons

Some management could be improved (from what I hear it has been - sadly, I've already left). Low pay for sales reps (post training/after being a sales assistant). Poor product/industry training. Commission structure changes frequently. Should offer some sort of Contract/1099 sales positions.

"Very Good People"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Torrance, CA

I have been working at BQE Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers are easy to talk to - Open Door Policy
    No need to jump hoops to get to Department Heads
    Catering during Q4
    Built-in GYM
    Bicycle Racks

Cons

NO beer at happy hour - sad face :(

have CEO talk to departments to see how things are coming along versus the managers. Make a list and pick something to change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT WORK and my last note on the CONS part.

Feb 16, 2016 – Chief Creative Officer

Thanks for your honest feedback. Management and the CEO is always looking for ways to improve and your ideas won't fall on deaf ears. Make sure to speak up during our monthly staff meeting when you... More