BWX Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Planner/Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BWX Technologies (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

After applying I was contacted for a phone interview a few weeks later, after the phone interview I was contacted to set up an in person interview. After the in person interview it was 3 weeks before hearing back and I was presented an offer 4 weeks after my in person interview. Although I did receive an offer my start date is at the beginning of the new year which is still two months out. From the time of application to start will be around 4 months. During my in person interview I met with HR and my future supervisor who then had two peers in the same position interview me and give me a tour of the plant. Very nice people.

Interview Questions

• If you put a plan together thinking it was a great plan and then the upper management did not feel the same, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Ndt Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BWX Technologies in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview went very well. I went through 3 separate QA personnel. All properly introduced themselves, took me on tour showing facilities, my future workplace, a brief description of my duties and then formal interview began.

All three had their own separate duty responsibility, and asked questions as to their respective areas. The interviews were designed to feel the applicant out both professionally and by individual characteristics.

IMHO, a very well-rounded and informative interview for both the interviewer and applicant.

I will add one item that I couldn't add to questions. There will be a basic psychology examination performed before the actual interview. It takes about 1 hour (for me). Following the interview, there is another test that basically accessed an applicant's ability to learn. Fairly straightforward, but brush up on basic Math skills, and equipment. I was sadly prepared for basic measuring instruments. Some of their equipment I simply had never seen before in the API field. I need a bit of retraining, and this is NOT BWX fault! It is my own fault to stay current.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional expertise that you are bringing to BWX?   Answer Question
    • What type of employee are you to help BWX?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to seek work that is not in your job description?   Answer Question

Section Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BWX Technologies (Mount Vernon, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

- Spent 1 hour individually with three future peers, 1 hour lunch with hiring manager, allowed more interaction and deeper discussions.

- A plus - no stuffy hiring board asking behavioral questions. The one-on-one interviews allowed more intimate interactions and the broaching of some questions that would not be appropriate in a group interview (e.g., what are the worst things about working here). In my experience both as a hiring manager and as an interviewee, hiring panel boards with behavioral questions sometimes results in "group think" and is starting to become passe.

- HR person who greeted me was genuinely friendly and pleasant

- My only qualm was that my interview with the hiring manager interview was only during lunch, so it was tough to eat and interview at the same time, at least gracefully. Trying to tell someone all about yourself while trying to eat can be messy. I would recommend a separate1 hour for the actual interview and then another hour for the lunch for a more informal social interaction.

Interview Questions

• Various, all non-behavioral, mostly about my experience and how it would fit with this job.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BWX Technologies (Mount Vernon, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with immediate supervisor, on site interview followed. Spoke with immediate supervisor in person, as well as Engineering & Technical Services manager. Spoke with unit managers for all engineering disciplines.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the type of work we do here?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BWX Technologies.

Interview

Was originally contacted by BWX Technologies and they asked for my resume. I was interested in the position so I provided it and applied for the open position. After I applied it took a month for HR to get back with me to say they were interested and wanted to interview me. It then took 2 weeks for someone to contact me to establish the interview time.

The actual interview itself seemed to go fine all though it was kind of odd that it only took 40 minutes. Most interviews I have been apart of take at least an hour. The job posting I originally applied for really only talked about having background in supporting the manufacturing of components but the understanding I left the interview with was that the position was more on the maintenance side of things. The job posting definitely did not read the way the job was explained to me in person. Overall the interview was very formal asking the typical questions. The interviewers were the direct supervisor his manager, and an operations supervisor.

Basically I left the interview thinking I did a good job, but I got the impression that maybe they already had someone in mind for the position before I interviewed hence the rushed interview. Its been over 3 months and BWX Technologies still has not contacted me back to let me know anything. Its safe to say I didn't get the job.....

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BWX Technologies (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The two managers who the government affairs team did not have any questions for me even though I had contracted for them a few months before. They didn't know how to articulate my role, the company's objectives and well, did not know how to sell the company in any way shape or form.

I ended up the one to ask them questions about how HR functions, my role and the overall success of my Executive Assistant job.

I have seen the interview question the company has drafted for the employees and the question are antique in addition to generic. There is nothing innovative about the interview questions and process. I was not impressed whatsoever.

Nobody seemed to be prepared for me to come onboard. The company seems to be pretty good at filling positions where they just rush in every process without taking time to think. They start paperwork internally while HR hasn't done their due diligence.

So you end up having to start a job while there are still plenty of steps that are not taken prior to you starting work. The onboarding process can be a bit antiquated and barbaric. In my opinion , there is no discipline in this company. Everyone is able to do whatever they wish with the company with no idea of how to represent the company.

My experience with dealing with HR after made the offer was the worst experience. HR is essentially an HR Generalist who has no communication skills. There is no onboarding, so I essentially had to onboard myself. I am the one who eventually made my manager realize that I needed some time of induction with the company.

My process of becoming an employee was a dizzy one. It was also the most disorganized. The company does not have enough training for the managers to remotely know how to sell the company and retain good employees.

Interview Questions

• The managers who interviewed me did not have one company question to ask me. They were in a rush to have somebody.   1 Answer

Operations Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BWX Technologies (Euclid, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and former colleague, I applied online and was contacted just about a day or two later by a human resources recruiter. We had a very good conversation about the company, my employment history, accomplishments and skill set. I was told that I would be contacted again to schedule an interview. About two days later I was contacted again and I scheduled an interview for the following Wednesday.
    For the first panel interview, I met with two of the positions’ subordinates. Their questions related to whether or not I had NC machining experience, machine programming, knowledge of machine tools and different types of machines. As background, the job description and the recruiter both didn’t mention that I would need to be a NC machinist. The recruiter specifically stated that I wouldn’t need to know machine programming, but have familiarity with machining, which speaks to my background.
    After the second panel interview I took a tour with one of the first interviewers, then about a half-hour later I was told that the plant manager “had left” and wouldn’t be meeting with me, which I was then shown the door.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if I told you the interview wasn't going well?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BWX Technologies (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

First interview was with the immediate manager, HR representative, and department head- all one on one. Second interview was a repeat with the immediate manager, department head, and a couple of group interviews with 2-3 of the current employees in the department.

Fabrication Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BWX Technologies (Mount Vernon, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

2-hour interview with 3 different people. Do not waste your time with this company. Despite passing their test with high scores it was a complete waste of time. Made me tour their plant for 2 hours and told me no thanks over a month later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Can you swim?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BWX Technologies in September 2018.

Interview

Phone interview and 2 different direct interviews. All was done professionally and was very rigorous. After interview was completed feedback was given and felt confident of where I stood post interview.

Interview Questions

• Interviews where based on resume and position applying for.   Answer Question