Babcock International Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Babcock International Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.9

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Babcock International Group.

Interview

I supplied my CV to the recruiter and it was then sifted. I was one of three remaining candidates. I was offered to attend an interview that lasted approximately 1 hour. I was required to give a technical presentation as well as answer some technical and competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the colour codes of resistors?
      Please explain the components in this electrical circuit. (A very basic DC circuit with switches, resistors and bulbs) following on from that, a few questions on what if X happens, would the bulb turn on.
      Answer Question

Business Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Leicester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application, followed by telephone interview, which was very friendly and interesting, it helped me to find out more about the company while demonstrating my compatibility. Was then invited to an assessment centre which would take place 2 months later. A lot of details were provided for the assessment centre so I knew what to expect, it ran smoothly and was a positive experience. Everyone was very friendly and it was interesting meeting and being assessed by current graduates as well as other employees from different fields.

Human Resources Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Southampton, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially an application and cover letter.
    Then numerical and verbal tests- which were not too difficult.
    Next was a phone interview.
    Assessment centre was held in a hotel in Southhampton. This comprised of 4 stages: a group task, then presentation and strengths based interview, then a group discussion and presentation and finally you had the chance to have a Q&A with past graduates.

The whole experience was pretty positive and everyone who worked there was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a challenge in the workplace.   1 Answer

HSE Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babcock International Group in October 2016.

Interview

Two ladies have interviewed me, I was really well prepared or I think that I was over prepared, cos them two ladies was not knowing exactly what they are on about so many stupid questions has been asked and they were so unprofessional. Easy 35 min long too many stupid questions

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Babcock International Group in October 2016.

Interview

Online application which included questions about the company and also involved Aptitude tests
    Then there was an Assessment centre which involved a 1:1 interview, group activities and a presentation all day from nine to five

Interview Questions

• Motivational questions:
      Describe a time you've used your anitiative
      Describe a time you've showed leadership
      Why do you want to work for Babcock
      Answer Question

Armourer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wiesbaden (Germany)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Wiesbaden (Germany)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, with an introduction to the company, the person who was speaking to me and his role in the company. The job role and requirements I would need to meet in order to continue through the process, a little about myself and my history including my current role at the job I was working at the time.

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruitment agent who found my details on an online job board and put me forward for the role. He said it'd be about 10 days before a decision was made about an interview, but it was about three weeks before I heard that they wanted to see me, another two weeks before the interview.
    The interview itself was fairly straightforward. Standard competency based questions and a very informal environment. Everyone I met on the day was very friendly and made me feel very at ease, which is nice to find in such a huge company.
    I was told on the day that I'd hear their decision in about a week, which I thought was a bit odd since they were seeing all the candidates that day, but assumed maybe they did some sort of preliminary security checks before offering a job or something. Didn't actually hear for over two weeks. The delay could be down to the agency not getting back to me, I suppose. I don't know if the person who actually got the job heard back sooner.
    Overall, they seemed like a great company to work for and I wish I had got the job. Everyone in the HR team I spoke to seemed really nice, but they could do with speeding up their interview processes a bit, or at least updating people when they're waiting to hear about a role, it's a tense time to be kept waiting for so long with no news.

Interview Questions

• Normal competency questions 'describe a time when you led a team' etc.   1 Answer

Bid Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Bristol, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

==== FINDING AND APPLYING FOR THE ROLE ====

Babcock currently utilise Experis as their primary (and it would appear sole) recruitment sourcing provider. I found the job opportunity on Indeed and applied, got a call from a guy at Experis who put me forward for the role.

I got offered an interview within a week with both the 'Head of Major Bids' and the 'Head of Business Winning'.

==== DAY OF THE INTERVIEW ====

I turned up to Babcock (Ashton House), checked into security, parked in my designated visitor parking space and made my way to reception.

After waiting about 10 minutes a lady from HR arrived to collect me and bring me to the HR interview room - she also asked me to hand over my passport and fill out some paperwork for their records. The paperwork included the BPSS form(s) (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) which is the bottom level of security clearance that one must hold to even work on the site.

Turned out there were 3 (identical) roles up for offer, 2 with the 'Head of Business Winning' and 1 with the 'Head of Major Bids'; I was told that I was being interviewed for all positions (as it was two divisions wanting Bid Coordinators, all were the same role just 3 of them needed filling).

I answered questions on my knowledge of Babcock and their clients, my experience, competency questions (i.e. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult colleague?, When faced with conflicts in the past how have you handled it?) and why I was looking to move roles.

==== POST-INTERVIEW ====

I fed back the interview feedback to the recruiter, who was okay (personally he seemed distant and not that concerned for my welfare).

I got an offer within days which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking to leave my current role and move back into bid management?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Babcock?   1 Answer

Graduate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Stage 1:
    Verbal Assessment (online)
    Numerical Assessment (online)

Stage 2:
    Assessment Centre :
    Starts off with a presentation about the company then it moves onto the "speed dating round"
    One interviewer for ever candidate, one test for each interviewer, nine minutes per test
    Tests were a mixture of competence questions and problem examples
    Finished with a written assessment where we had to write about one thing from our university education
    Final Q/A

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

total laugh, interview was held in cheltenham, panel was ex military cpls and sgts with an ex officer, oh by goodness didn't they love themselves!!!!! I walked out of the interview due to the fact they were going on and on about their military travels and sports they did and how if your face fits and came from the right branch (ie army) then you'd get on better than navy or raf, but you cant voice any opinions as you'll just be drummed out. very strange people!!!!!!