Babcock International Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Babcock International Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial screening through CV and cover letter, after one to two weeks invitation to an on-site interview; a one hour interview with 2-3 managers including both competency questions and a case study; around one week to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What skills did you gain from your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Auckland (New Zealand)) in August 2017.

Interview

I already knew the hiring manager. He called me, and asked me if I would be interested in the job. It was early in the interview process, so he did not have any formal questions for me.

Interview Questions

• Have you used Adobe Framemaker before?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babcock International Group.

Interview

2 Day Assessment Centre, First day a Simple meet and greet (other potential graduates and the workplace itself including some of the work they are currently carrying out) and the second day an interview, presentation and group activity. The group activity was related to the work Babcock perform and was a previous problem that was needing to be solved.

Interview Questions

• Standard Mechanical Engineering interview questions. Why did you apply to this role etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Plymouth, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online with a long form asking for various reasons why I wanted to work for them. I was then asked to do an online competency test. I was then asked to a two day assessment center where I had an interview, did a presentation and did a group task.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used your initiative?   1 Answer

Strategy Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Sent a CV and Cover Letter and then was invited to a competency-based ('give me a time when' questions) and case study interview with two current employees. The case study was quite tricky as it included market sizing, Go/No go, Pricing and other case study principles all in one study. It was also on quite a random topic but relevant to the Babcock business. I have listed the case study question below in the list of questions. I was, however, still invited to the second and final interview with the manager of the Business enhancement team which I felt went better. We discussed the business and my understanding of the role as well as the industries Babcock work in and strategies for the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Case study - Should Babcock go into the market for On-shore wind power in Denmark? Outline your thinking and ask questions to inform your decision.   Answer Question
    • What are the main technology trends that will affect Babcock's business in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Babcock International Group.

Interview

I supplied my CV to the recruiter and it was then sifted. I was one of three remaining candidates. I was offered to attend an interview that lasted approximately 1 hour. I was required to give a technical presentation as well as answer some technical and competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the colour codes of resistors?
      Please explain the components in this electrical circuit. (A very basic DC circuit with switches, resistors and bulbs) following on from that, a few questions on what if X happens, would the bulb turn on.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Online application
    Telephone interview
    Group interview
    Individual interview

The process took a long time and had very little feedback along the way, I feel the main reason I did get the job at the final stage was due to opening up about personal circumstances in the interview, I was them probed about my commitment to the role - this was very unprofessional on their part.

Top tip don’t tell them if you have any ties to anywhere or anything!

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

A very different approach of many small interviews rotated throughout the day on varying subjects such as technical and competency. Also several group exercises on relevant company scenarios. The whole process took a full working day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time there was a challenge and how it was resolved?   Answer Question

Business Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Leicester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application, followed by telephone interview, which was very friendly and interesting, it helped me to find out more about the company while demonstrating my compatibility. Was then invited to an assessment centre which would take place 2 months later. A lot of details were provided for the assessment centre so I knew what to expect, it ran smoothly and was a positive experience. Everyone was very friendly and it was interesting meeting and being assessed by current graduates as well as other employees from different fields.

Human Resources Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Southampton, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially an application and cover letter.
    Then numerical and verbal tests- which were not too difficult.
    Next was a phone interview.
    Assessment centre was held in a hotel in Southhampton. This comprised of 4 stages: a group task, then presentation and strengths based interview, then a group discussion and presentation and finally you had the chance to have a Q&A with past graduates.

The whole experience was pretty positive and everyone who worked there was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a challenge in the workplace.   1 Answer