Babies "R" Us Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Babies "R" Us Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Interview

I was interviewed by one of the managers and the hr lady. asked basic questions about myself and what I like to do. Then asked more work related questions. It was my first job so it was a little difficult at first.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if there was a long line and someone spilled something in one of the aisles?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Babies "R" Us (McAllen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It started off as a group interview. We all learned each others names and played with some toys. We grabbed an item off the floor and tried to sell it to management. After group interview, they select two people to do one-on-one interview. After two days they offered me the job and all I had to clear was the background check. They told me to wait at least a week until it cleared but I decided to call three days after to check in. They claimed that they tried to contact me during those three days but I never received no calls, no voicemail, not even an email. They put me down as "declined" but they said they would try to fix it and that they would call me in two days. Two days passed and i never received that phone call. Next day I get an offer from another job and I take that in a heartbeat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babies "R" Us (Pearl City, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

Filled in an application online.
    Received a call a week later.
    Was scheduled for a group interview for later that week.
    Had to schedule another individual interview because the manager was not there.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite childhood toy? Why? What age is it appropriate for?   Answer Question

Backroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Babies "R" Us (Millbury, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

very simple interview, basic questions. first received a call from the store, they gave me an idea what the role was and made sure I was OK with the pay. Then they had me come in and interview in person. All questions were very basic

Cashier Interview

Interview

Very brief, simple questions regarding different scenarios at the work place. They ask asked why you wanted to work here? What are your strengths and what you can improve on. Not intense at all. What you would expect for a starting cashier position. They were very nice and felt very comfortable in the interview.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Babies "R" Us in November 2016.

Interview

applied on line...received call requesting return call to set up interview.
    took several days to reach personnel in position to conduct interview
    was kept waiting well past time agreed on for interview. provided resume and
    was asked based on my qualifications why I would want to consider working here.
    was told thanks for coming in and waiting.

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Babies "R" Us (Columbia, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief, good. The general Mgr. at this location has many years of experience, he knows how to conduct an interview. There's really not much more to add. I was brought on as p/t stock help. Within 1 month I was f/t Dept. Supv.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Nothing we have not encountered before....   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Babies "R" Us (East Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on line for b.r.u in August I received a call in September she ask me about my avability, am I in school, there pay rate which is 8.25 an hour & am I OK with that I said yes & she set up a interview for me to come in on Tuesday got there it was a group interview 12 total she introduced her self gave a berif description of her self & the jobs they were hiring for we all had to stand up & tell two things u will not find on your resume about yourself we also had to partner with one another & tell things about that person & we had to pick a item from the sales floor in the toy department & give a berif description of why u pick it and how u would sell it. The last thing we had to do was give a time u had customer service & why it stood out to you. She told us that she would call us by the end if the day to let us knw what is what. We did not have any one on one interviews. So 10 mins after I left I got a call and ask could I come in on Thursday! I said yes so I hope when I go in she tells me I got the job. I'm guessing I did But all in all its not hard just make sure u don't be the quite one make yourself known be the first to step up and answer the questions smile and sound confident when u speak.

Interview Questions

• We didn't have anyone one on one interviews just the group interview of what I explain up top.
      Tell me two things about yourself that I won't find on your resume & tell me about yourself?

Partner up with someone & give me a brief description about them?

Get a item from the toy department of your favorite child hood toy tell why u pick it & how u would sell it to a mother.?

Name a time u had good customers service and why it stood out to you?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

8.25 no negotiations

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Babies "R" Us (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

After selecting an item in the store we were taken as a group to the interview room. There everyone was required to present and "sale" their chosen item to the group and interviewers. We were also required to invent a product using available materials and present it as well. Those who passed the group interview were then given a one-on-one interview with one of the interviewers and informed if they were hired or not. From there it was a swift process to onboarding and beginning work.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell your selected item? (randomly chosen by interviewee before interview)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Interview

Was called in for an interview. Me and 10 other candidates was sent to a meeting room and was told was hired. The interview was very straightforward and unorganized. Was maybe a 10 minute meeting and then was told was hired and went into room to fill paperwork and set training date.