Babson College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.4

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Babson College (Needham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process wasn't too bad. The staffing agency contacted me and were able to get me a phone interview within a couple of days. I later got emails about the times I should start. I began working the week after.

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babson College.

Interview

I had at least 5 meetings, including a phone interview. I had both 1:1 and group meetings, one a half day that I needed to talk off work.. Very positive reactions. Very qualified for position including I was teaching same courses at another Boston college. I was very surprised and disappointed that I got just an email saying I was not the chosen candidate...no explanation just "we have decided not to offer you an appointment". I asked for deciding factors and still received back a vague response.

International Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Babson College (Wellesley Hills, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Single round of questioning that lasted for 30 minutes, he asked a few question that were relatively easy to answer particularly because i was passionate about the job and that was probable why i got it

Spark Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Babson Park, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Babson College (Babson Park, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward. They asked me about why I wanted to be a spark tutor, and why I thought I would be a good one. It was me with three other interviewers (some of them were head tutors).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a spark tutor?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Babson College.

Interview

Started with a phone screen. From there came for a half-day, in-person interview. Met with people from HR, and the department I applied for. The whole process took about a month and a half from the time I submitted my application to the time I accepted the job. It was a great process overall. The only weird thing is that lunch was scheduled into my interview, but I was on my own. I thought that was bizarre and unlike other higher ed interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• Why Babson was a big one - multiple people asked me that throughout the day.   Answer Question

Program Manager, Executive Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Babson College (Wellesley, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with 2 hiring managers. Nothing overly in depth. It ended on a good note as they said I should expect an invitation to campus for a face to face interview. I received the invitation after the holidays. I was given a schedule of 3 half hour meetings-- one with a fellow program manager, one with the 2 hiring managers, and one with HR.

I really wanted to want this job. The fellow program manager and HR rep were friendly. The hiring managers I felt no rapport with. They also had both written "maybe" so it was clearly visible on the printed copies each of them had of my resume. It just didn't enable a welcoming feeling. I had left my job at the end of 2015, which was since we had first spoken by phone. I updated my resume and started off by telling them the changes. One later said "we come from the school where you don't leave a job until you have another one." At that moment, I knew this was not the job for me. The hiring managers seemed disconnected and buried with their own problems. I contemplated not going to the HR portion, but I did. A few days later I withdrew my application. I never heard anything either way so clearly it was not a fit on either side. I received a much better offer two weeks later so things do happen for a reason!

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Babson College (Wellesley, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening, and was then asked to come in for 2 in-person interviews. I followed-up after the second in-person interview and was told I would hear back soon. I received a basic form email the following week stating that they had gone with another candidate. This was completely understandable, as I do not think it was the best fit, but they could have at least sent a personalized email after I had participated in so many interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Babson College (Wellesley, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The office consists of a friendly environment with a lot of flexibility for you to grow at your own pace. Management is friendly and compassionate. There is a lot of room for growth and they offer exciting projects that encourage the entrepreneurial nature of the college itself.

Building Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Babson Park, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Babson College (Babson Park, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Short interview consisting mainly of personal details, goals and expectations. The entire process did not take more than thirty minutes. The main points were discussing what to expect and scenario-based questions to see how one would react in different situations that might be faced. Very relaxed atmosphere overall, great interviewers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Babson College.

Interview

I was called in for a first round interview and met with 2 managers, one of which being the person that would be my direct supervisor. It took a couple of weeks, but I followed up and was then called back for a second interview. The second time, I met with about half of the office, and spent almost a full day on site. I met with a few individuals at a time, and finished by meeting the director of the office. Thankfully, everyone was very welcoming and did not allow me to feel intimidated by their group size!

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't too difficult, but a bit repetitive. Most were "how can your past experiences help you in this position?" but rephrased.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate my salary.