BabyCenter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screening followed with onsite 3-4 people in interview panel.
    Onsite interview with manager, architect and developers in the team.
    Process is smooth and quick. Total interview process in 2-3 weeks, based on background verification.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A few interviews with recruiter and one in person. Alot of juniors doing account management role. Very inflexible about WFH, seemed fixated on old school ways. Very rude not to follow up with an email or more from recruiter or interviewer. I didn't even get a no thank you they just faded away...the worst thing of it all is I knew several people there!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Spoke with a few different recruiters by phone before going into the SF HQ for in-person interviews. Fairly easy interview process, met with a few different team members who asked standard interview questions. Everyone seemed fairly junior for their roles and not very up to date re: current ad tech. Seemed a bit old-school in terms of the office structure (heavy emphasis on start times and no WFH policy), possibly due to their parent company, J&J. No follow up from anyone after the in-person interviews, which I found extremely unprofessional.

Email Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

*** They offered me the position, and 4 hours later called back to rescind the offer. ***

*** I warn all applicants about this company. I find them horribly unethical & their credibility is completely shot with me, and should be with you as well. ***

Phone screening, then in-person 2 1/2 hour interview on site. On site interview was with 4 people; 2 people doing the position, 1 immediate manager, and 1 Director of the department.

The first 2 people asked me questions regarding technical parts of the job; html coding, troubleshooting, and SQL statements, and how I would code an html e-mail from scratch.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BabyCenter.

Interview

The process was via a recruiting firm. They introduced me to the company and managed the interview process from beginning to offer to start.

The interview process was very smooth and professional. From the first person I spoke with to the members of BabyCenter the questions were focused on what I would bring to the job. They knew what they needed and the questions were based on this. No silly if you had your head stuck in a jar or write a directive on a white board tests.

Only issue and this was a major one, the recruiting firm appeared to be new to BabyCenter's hiring process creating an unacceptable delay from the date the offer was made to the date I started.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to online advertising and revenue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was straight forward, the recruiting agency handled this and obtained what I was hoping for.

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 1 hour phone screen interview with the hiring manager and one of the iOS Engineers on the team. After that, they brought me onsite to interview numerous people (4 hours scheduled). The interview with their architect was not fun - he was very arrogant and the took a very aggressive attitude toward me, basically trying to make me look bad. I never did meet with the whole team because he gave such negative feedback about me to the hiring manager the last interview was canceled.

Interview Questions

• They asked to me try and solve some technical issue they were currently having.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BabyCenter in January 2014.

Interview

I expected more from a J&J company, but alas, they are like so many other recruiters out there. Terrible! After 2 phone interviews w/their recruiters, I never got any follow up, even after I emailed to see what next steps were. Not even a "thanks but no thanks" type email.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Was connected to the recruiter via an existing employee. Was asked to come in for an introduction/ informal interview. Was asked standard questions about work history, skills and background.

Accountans Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview with two members from BabyCenter. Interview with the facility manager & financial analyst. One hour interview process. Was able to share my personally goals and skills. Very friendly, was not intimidating.

Director Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Typical interview process. Phone interview, then 2 rounds in person interviews including the CEO