Baker Botts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Baker Botts

2.9

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Botts (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, 1 with the hiring manager, 1 with paralegal team, 1 with the partner in charge. Stern interviews with a cut to the chase kind of questions. By the interviews, you could feel the hustle and bustle of the office.

Paralegal Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Botts.

Interview

On campus interview with hiring manager for the clerks. Within the week received notification that I had been accepted for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of meeting with the hiring manager again and then interviewing separately with 5 paralegals from different departments. Offered position a few weeks later. Worked with one of the paralegals I interviewed with so there was probably matching of personalities going on during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were especially difficult or unexpected. Asked general questions like interests, why I wanted to work in the legal field, where I saw myself in 5 years, plans for graduate school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. In the clerk position you could take the offer or leave it.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Baker Botts (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was more of a scare tactic than anything. They ask you a bunch off office specific question to see if it will overwhelm you and expect you to answer with a rebuttal from the interviewer with other questions like what if this happens, what if that happens.

Interview Questions

• What would you do, if you had to help a person on one floor in the middle of a project but an executive says they need something now.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Botts (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward questions, basically just going over resume. The interviewer was incredibly nice and really interested in learning about me as a person. I was in and out in about twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do outside of school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Botts (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Everyone their was very polite and laid back, yet still focused on getting work done. The biggest positive was their focus on rewarding results and practical training. Thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone!

Interview Questions

• If were to choose an article to read about a technical background different than mine, which one would I choose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Botts (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Long but relatively casual for this sort of position. Four separate interviews with different partners/associates in the departments I showed interest in, but most questions were personality related rather than job related. They want to know who you are more than what you know.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you most to work in such a high stress position?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

First there was an on-campus interview by two attorneys followed by half-day callback visit to the firm's office. The callback consisted of several interviews interviews lasting between 20 to 30 minutes. The interviews were a mix of associates and partners.

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Botts.

Interview

half day in-person interview with five people, one associate, two partners, secretary I am replacing, and office manager. Phone-in pre-screening interview the week before with the office manager.

Interview Questions

• what made you go into this field and why do you want to work at Baker Botts. What has been your past career path?   1 Answer
    • Some questions about workplace loyalty and working in a team/group/pool setting, and working with colleagues who are in a different office.   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with difficult attorneys and other coworkers that you have to get along with?   1 Answer
    • When can you start?   1 Answer

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Botts (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Standard interview process. Had to go to their offices at least twice. It is in downton Houston where parking is expensive and on your dime.

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Botts (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews.
    1. Phone Interview (25-30 minutes) with HR. Verifying about prior experience and why I'm interested in the firm etc.
    2. Met with three members of the team in a 1 hour long interview. Very nice atmosphere and an elaborate interview asking about everything on my resume and why I'm interested and what I can bring to the position.
    3. Met with the Director and one same team member from previous interview. Interview lasted for about 40-45 minutes.

Overall experience was very pleasant, especially the HR. Very responsive.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior experience working with someone who was demanding and a perfectionist and how did you handle working with them? Will you be able to handle working in a fast-paced deadline oriented work environment, was asked to elaborate on that and whether I have prior experience in similar environment. In-depth questions about prior experience and how they relate.   Answer Question