Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants

Process Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants (Houston, TX).

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks from the moment I handed them my resume at a career event. I had one phone interview with 2 people simultaneously. They were friendly during the interview and it was very relaxed. It took about 2 weeks to hear back from them.

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their website. About 2 to 3 weeks later I received call requesting for me to set up phone interview. The phone interview went very well and he told me he was going to recommend me to HR. Later that day I received a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Just asked questions about my past experience and my resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants (San Antonio, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I met them in a university career fair and shared my CV. I got a call saying that i was selected for the position and i need to talk to intern co-ordinator. Intern co-ordinator was cool and it was more of a discussion than an interview. I liked the way she explained their projects and where i would fit in. Talked about my CV in detail. Later, i got a call from HR to offer the position officially.The whole process took around a week.

Interview Questions

• Which software did you use to make these models ? ( I gave them my work samples )   Answer Question

Negotiation

I liked what i was offered. No negotiation.

Process Safety Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants.

Interview

Contacted me through school system. Phone interview, very casual. They talked to one another after I answered questions. They asked me a little about clubs and organizations. Seemed interested in the person that I was outside of academics. After the phone call I got a call from HR that I had gotten an offer. I asked for about a week to decide.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me anything technical. Just a couple of things on my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, I just accepted

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

Interviewer was extremely polite and passionate about the job. The interview itself was quite informal and laid-back. It consisted of a 15-20 minute phone interview at which point the offer was made. The questions were more behavioral and less technical.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the blue - relatively straightforward. It was a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Blast Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants in October 2014.

Interview

Talked with them at Career Fair and they liked my resume so they gave me a call and offered me the job. Wasn't even really an interview. The interview was basically the talking at the Career Fair and the resume. During the phone call, they went into more depth about the job responsibilities, how much I would be getting paid, and the specifics of next steps.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what's involved in this job and is this something you're interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to BakerRisk at a Career Fair. Later on the HR department contacted me to schedule a Phone interview. In the phone interview I talked to the Intern supervisor of the sections I was going to work at and other engineer. After some time they contacted me again with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Basic interview questions. It's two people on the phone with you. No technical questions or quizzes. Describe yourself, what activities outside of school you may be involved in, communication skills, etc.

Coop Intern Position Interview

Interview

Straightforward and mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• None. questions are based on your previous experiences   Answer Question

CAD Designer/Eng Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants (San Antonio, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Very intense, interview was conducted individually with five separate department supervisors. It was a very professional and high profile type interview with deep intellectual questioning of your experience and skills, always asked to expand on your first answer to a question. Each department supervisor had time set aside to interview you, they all thoroughly read your application and resume and asked numerous questions on specific accomplishments within the resume and application.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for traveling on long term projects on occasion?   1 Answer