BakerHostetler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BakerHostetler (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR person and was then asked to come into the office to meet with the person the position reported to. I was not asked many questions and the interview was very short. It was hard to read the situation and felt a bit rushed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a request from an attorney that was outside of the firm's protocols?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BakerHostetler (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with 3 attorneys for lunch interview. Very nice people. Very attentive to what I had to say. Seems like a great place to work. Office manager was very pleasant as well. Firm has offices throughout then country.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BakerHostetler (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I landed an interview at BakerHostetler through Yorkson Legal. First, I had a phone interview with one of the hiring personnel in their Cleveland office. This was more of a screening interview and getting to know me a little more. After speaking with me, Baker reached out to Yorkson Legal and they wanted to love to the next phase of the interview process. Then an interview was scheduled. I was scheduled to meet with the HR manager first and then with my current boss. Once I went through with the interview a week later I received an offer letter. The process was relatively fast and smooth all throughout. Even though BakerHostetler is an AmLaw 100 firm and very large in size - I am lucky enough to work for such a large firm but work within a very small group.

Interview Questions

• This is was not a conventional interview as far as all the other interviews I went on. My interviewer (now my boss) was genuinely interested in my background and what I did and why I decided to apply for the position. The conversation was just flowing. I think my boss was digging to get an insight of my personality and background. It was not the typical question and answer interview. I enjoyed myself.   1 Answer

Litigation Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BakerHostetler (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Went in for a interview litigation secretary and ended up having to work Labor & Employment, they hired someone else then assigned me to L&E. Stayed at L&E for a while until moved.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about Payne Assistance..   1 Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BakerHostetler (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

punctual and time-managed, initial interview with HR and potential superiors and management personnel with primary concern of skill set rather than cultural fit, friendly and congenial process, ability to ask questions

Competitive Intelligence Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BakerHostetler (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

This was the best interview/hiring process I have experienced to date. Very efficient HR practices and great staff. I went from application to job offer within 3 weeks.

Accepting would have amounted to a significant pay cut which I was unable to do. I was willing to take a certain amount of a pay cut to work with these great people, but I couldn't accept the offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BakerHostetler (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

First I submitted a resume via email to the HR recruiter. Then I was called and asked to set up an interview. There was an option of phone interview or face to face. I picked phone interview because we had so many conflicting dates. They didn't seem to mind. I was called within a week of the interview to set a start date.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways you relieve stress?   Answer Question
    • How do you work with a difficult boss or one that has a different personality than yourself?   Answer Question
    • What are your hobbies?   Answer Question
    • What qualifies you for this position? Why should we pick you over other candidates?   Answer Question
    • What are you interested in working for a law firm?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BakerHostetler (Columbus, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Started with phone interview. Three interviewers on speaker phone. Laser focused on questions to ensure appropriate fit. Professional review of work history; added interest about the person and personal interests.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BakerHostetler (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

A formality, at best. I was selected by an incoming partner who I supported at a previous firm. I don't believe any other candidates were considered for the position that I was recommended for. If there were other candidates considered, the office manager never mentioned any other candidates to me, nor did she mention any of the qualifications of competing candidates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how long I'd supported the incoming partner I was being hired to support.   1 Answer

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BakerHostetler (Columbus, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

Straightforward process, fast decision. The attorneys conducting the interview accurately described the position and ensured that your qualifications, educational achievement, and interests presented a good fit for the position. In order to prepare for an interview you should be familiar with your resume, confident in your abilities, and prepared to ask intelligent questions about the section of the firm you are applying to join.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in and capable of performing the type of work we need you to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was uniform across the position, there was not an opportunity to negotiate.