Bal Seal Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bal Seal Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2016

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bal Seal Engineering (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process is long. Usually 8 weeks. 6 phone interviews prior to being asked to CA. Once at HQ, 7 interviews over the course of a day. I met with the VP of Engineering, VP of Global Sales & Marketing, President, HR, Inside Sales Mgr, and BD Manager. Most all of them were an absolute pleasure to speak with - an outstanding collection of talent and knowledge. Every individual within the company had an amazing amount of knowledge regarding the business. This organization is looking for a very specific type person to join their team and put a lot of stock into what some would feel are minor details. Only airfare was paid. You are responsible for all expenses and will be reimbursed in a couple of weeks for your expenses. My opinion is that whoever they pick (if a hunter) will stay with this company for a very long time.

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bal Seal Engineering (Foothill Ranch, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

3 separate days
    Day 1 Interview with HR recruiter. General discussion about my background and the company.
    Day 2 Interview with hiring manager and another manager. Questions about what I've done in the past and strengths and weaknesses.
    Day 3 Interview with owner and CEO. Questions about past experience and general tell me about yourself.
    All interviews were 1 on 1

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a design you've worked on in the past.
      Tell me about a weakness you have.
      Why do you think you were laid off from your previous position.
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bal Seal Engineering (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and 2 in house interviews and never heard a word after the last in house interview. I was a little too honest with my answers and not political at all which didn't go well. They also are a little old school for me in their day to day practices.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment do you want to work in   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bal Seal Engineering (Foothill Ranch, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Overall, I had a positive and friendly initial interview with HR in discussing the position. Facility and staff were clean & professional. Showed up about 15 minutes early, signed+in/waited 10 minutes and was then promptly escorted to a back office from the HR lobby to be interviewed by the HR manager and the HR assistant. Initial interview took about 30 to 40 minutes. One of the more pleasant and friendly interviews I've had in a while.

They really want someone with an engineering background that can also apply this knowledge to the business side of the company. They discussed the position, asked about prior experience and asked if I could see myself filling this role. They really emphasized about how everyone plays a major role in the company due to its smaller size and privatization status. Asked if I was comfortable with reporting to higher authority figures and giving presentations.

This was simply the screening interview. They expressed that they had other candidates to interview and would get back by the end of the month for another interview & then a final interview between the top 1-2 candidates.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working and reporting to higher direct authority?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel this interview went?   1 Answer
    • Can you handle higher education (MBA) while working full time?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bal Seal Engineering (Foothill Ranch, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview by HR, 1 hr in-person interview by HR, 3 hr interview by hiring managers. Very likeable group of people, good work environment, nice location, hands-on engineering position, good opportunity with this growing company.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bal Seal Engineering (Foothill Ranch, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview process was quick for me but know that recent interviews have been much longer. Bal Seal Engineering is looking for honest answers not answers altered to fit what you think they want to hear. Department Head is very intelligent and will ask unique questions. A famous one is do you view yourself as more of a engineer or scientist. They have hired both ends of the spectrum so again just answer honestly base on what you want your job role to be like.

Interview Questions

• A famous one is do you view yourself as more of a engineer or scientist. They have hired both ends of the spectrum so again just answer honestly base on what you want your job role to be like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Original offer over the phone, then came in and picked up complete offer package including benefits information. Requested increase due to less medical coverage compared to previous job and they altered salary to help balance difference. Make sure you are aware of hours. I assumed 7-4 but standard hours are 7-5 so negotiate accordingly.