Ball Aerospace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.8

Network Security Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ball Aerospace (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Quick response for Interview after submitting my resume. A group of their Network technicians questioned about broad networking basics for about a hour and a half. Very polite and friendly group. However what they wanted most was experience with their specific firewall technology which wasn't mentioned in job posting. Having experience in other brands did not interest them. Overall a good group of people. HR manager did not stay in contact after interview or return any emails.

Interview Questions

• Describe TCP and UDP, and your experience with firewalls.   1 Answer

Inspector/Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ball Aerospace (North Canton, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call , so I answered the phone, they asked for me, I said this id she and they asked if I had ever worked in a factory ,I said yes many years ago. Then they asked if I lived in North Canton ,Ohio ; I replied no I live in Canton. Then we set up a time for an interview for a few days later. I went to the interview and it went smoothly. I saw the process. The job look like I could do it. So I took the job and did not like it.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ball Aerospace.

Interview

Several phone interviews with various individuals within Ball, including HR specialists. The in person interview consisted of about 3 hours of meetings, with 3-4 people in 4 different sessions. Ball covered all of my travel expenses to Colorado, and was easy to coordinate with.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ball Aerospace.

Interview

I was first contacted via phone to discuss salary and benefits, and had the actual on campus interview a week later. It was overall a very positive experience; no one tried to "grill" me with engineering questions. I had a good conversation with every person I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• How well do you learn new and different topics?   1 Answer

IT Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ball Aerospace (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. A week later I received an email to facilitate an interview via conference call. Call included the director of the IT department (who i currently work under) and the recruiter who initially emailed me. Interview was fairly easy. Basic behavioral questions and a thorough review of my resume. A week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are interested in working for Ball?   Answer Question
    • Explain to me the relative project experience you listed on your resume. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ball Aerospace in December 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and an interview was set up for a specific time with the hiring manager. The hiring manager wasn't able to "make it" and the interview was instead conducted by a subordinate of the same job title which I was applying for.

It immediately started out contentiously and it never recovered as I felt like they weren't prepared to conduct the interview. There were awkward silences (assumed they were writing down my responses), and somewhat redundant questions. Overall, the interviewer didn't seem like they were interested.

Technical Intern I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ball Aerospace (Boulder, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Typical Interview. They ask more about you and personality to see how you would fit into the internship program. Most of the questions were about me and my style. They asked general technical questions for the job just to make sure that I had previously acquired knowledge on the subject

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working in a group with a teammate that you do not get along with?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ball Aerospace (Melbourne, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was sent an email for a off site interview and then attended on the date the interview was held, in a hotel conference room in another state outside of Colorado. The interview was not very professional as the interview area looked hodgepodge together with handmade posters indicating where the room was located in the hotel and a few table scattered around the room where each interviewer was placed. Not many people attended besides myself, and I was kind of shocked by the low attendance rate. There were hand out cards place on the tables as you entered the room and one was a card to check out the Glassdoor site to see what the Ball employees had to say about the company (more on that later). The interview questions were a mixture of reviewing my resume and behavioral questions, nothing difficult, more of a first look at each person before a "real interview" might be held. I left feeling that a hiring possibility may occur. After I got home, as the interview was held late in the day, I found the Glassdoor card in my pocket and decided to look up the site and see what the employees had to say, NOT good, it seem like there are a lot of unhappy employees and warnings not to work at Ball Aerospace. BEWARE

Interview Questions

• Systems that you have developed?
      Problem incurred and their solution?   Answer Question

The glass door employee reviews are quite revealing and I was concerned about stability of Ball.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ball Aerospace.

Interview

All day process rotating round the group you'll be working with. Normally each interview was with one or two people lasting about 30 - 45 minutes. Don't just want to know your technical knowledge also trying to gauge if you'll fit in with the culture.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects at university that could be applied to this job   Answer Question

Technical Intern I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ball Aerospace (Boulder, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview did not consist of technical questions but focused more on workplace and fit and was conducted over the phone. The interviewer as very friendly, it was not intended to be stressful or really stretch your technical knowledge. Overall the interview lasted about an hour. This was the only interview for the job.

I put that the interview took place in Boulder, but really it was on the phone, that just isn't an option apparently on GlassDoor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a problem arose with a coworker and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate it was an internship.