BambooHR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BambooHR (Lindon, UT) in January 2020.

Interview

Without having at least 1 year of tenure at a previous job it is extremely difficult to even get an interview here. Especially because they have a ton of people interview constantly. With that being said this is a company you can tell truly cares about their employees and applicants. They put a lot of time and effort to make sure even if you don't get the job they tell you why and they gave me the time of day to talk with me and let me know what I needed to do it get it. They are truly awesome and when the time is right maybe it will work out.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my performance at other jobs?   Answer Question
    • I was asked about my tenure and how long I stayed at jobs and why I left certain jobs?   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BambooHR.

Interview

Really transparent and open about the roll and your day to day responsibilities. I knew exactly who I was interviewing with and what to expect from day one! They left a lot of time at the end to answer all my questions.

Payroll Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BambooHR in April 2020.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter twice over the phone and then had a Zoom interview with two of the position stakeholders. All interviews scheduled interviewer was late 5-30 minutes, only reached out once to let me know in advance. Seems to be a bad habit for the company employees. Interviewer described favorite job as working for “the church”, luckily I’ve lived in Utah long enough to know what that means. Need to train hiring professionals/managers interview skills.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BambooHR in March 2020.

Interview

I am still in the interviewing process, but I had a brief talk with Justin about the sales position and sales at BambooHR. He was very genuine and a great guy. The entire company is full of quality and nice people!

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have?   1 Answer

Mar 4, 2020 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Hello there! We couldn't agree more - we're lucky to have Justin on our team and grateful to be surrounded by quality Bambooligans! We're glad to hear that you've had a positive experience so far and hope that you enjoy the rest of your experience. If you'd like to pass along additional thoughts towards the end of the interview process, we'd love to hear more. You can share those thoughts, here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdmHsvbC7psJmjBgW6Gj7qC2qNZpR3yisM3F1qy6Ieaf7y47g/viewform Happy Bambooing!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BambooHR (Lindon, UT) in March 2020.

Interview

I submitted an application online and didn't hear anything for about 2 weeks. Before I received any information about an interview they had me do a HackerRank challenge. Then the initial phone interview was with their internal HR team and was a simple screening interview. Three days later I did a phone interview with the hiring manager. That went well and the final interview was with 4 team members and would last 2 hours. One hour would be technical and the other cultural. However, I received an offer from a different company before they contacted me about scheduling the third interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem that you worked on and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BambooHR.

Interview

Recruiter called me out of the blue without setting up a time to chat. Since I was at work, I said I couldn't speak openly at the moment. The recruiter continued to ask me questions until I was forced to abruptly end the call. Then, the recruiter insisted that I complete a HireVue before they could share *any* info on compensation, management structure, team culture, etc. This is easily the most unprofessional and inconsiderate hiring group I've come across. I declined to continue interviewing because of their poor approach to candidates.

Interview Questions

BambooHR Response

Mar 16, 2020 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to consider BambooHR. We’re sorry to hear that we caught you at an inconvenient time. Very often in hiring, we just try to have a quick call and explain what we can about the process, but we certainly don’t want to put anyone in a bad spot with their current workplace. This is actually an effort to try and speed things along as we can, and better orient applicants on the process, but we certainly understand when/if someone can’t take the time to talk at that moment.

In order to ensure that the process is fair for all candidates, we try our best to maintain consistency. For this particular role, typically the first step in the interview process is a video interview which would have been emailed to you prior to the call. If a candidate hasn’t completed the video interview, or responded to our previous attempts to contact via email, we’ll give them a call just to make sure they received it and/or that their email address is correct on our end. Though if they can’t talk at that time, we’re always willing to schedule another time.

We are definitely happy to answer questions about particular positions, and we’re sorry that in our hope to create a consistent process, we may have missed that opportunity. As per our value of “grow from good to great” we’re always trying to improve, so we’d like to say thanks again for taking the time to help us do that. If you have any additional feedback you’d like to share, feel free to do so here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdmHsvbC7psJmjBgW6Gj7qC2qNZpR3yisM3F1qy6Ieaf7y47g/viewform
    We wish you the best of luck in your career.

Senior Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BambooHR in January 2020.

Interview

Culture phone screen, then technical phone screen, to be followed by (I believe) in-person interview. I enjoyed what I learned about the company from the culture fit phone screen. And I think the technical phone screen was done well because I didn't advance to the next stage. I got enough of a sense from the technical screen that the position wouldn't be a good fit for me at this time, so I was glad when they rejected me. I just really appreciated the chance to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Mar 4, 2020 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Hi there! Thanks for passing along your thoughts. We really appreciate you for taking the time to interview with us and we hope you'll keep your eyes on our careers page for future opportunities. Don't hesitate to reach out if there is another position that catches your eye.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BambooHR (Lehi, UT) in December 2019.

Interview

It came down to myself and one other person. Even though they liked a lot of what I had to offer they did not offer me a position because the one person I interviewed with said that I lat listening skills. I’m not sure how that type of information can be gleaned from one 30 minute interview, But my overall body of work and skills and sales were probably overqualified for the position for which I was applying.
    Adding more insult to injury they felt the need to give me that feedback and said that usually there are multiple things but that was the only thing they could think of that made me less than ideal for the position. If that’s the case then why not set up another interview, which I was told was going to happen, with someone else so that then they could both collaborate on what they thought I could bring to the wrong instead of leaving it in the hands of one person who didn’t do their research ?

Interview Questions

• The interviewer kept asking me over and over again if I was so successful in my previous role of sales why was I leaving?   1 Answer

Jan 10, 2020

Hey there! Thank you for applying to BambooHR and for providing your feedback on the interview process. It is true that the interview process for the sales role is a very competitive one. We continually receive a lot of really great applicants and often end up making tough hiring decisions. One of the things we consider when making a decision is a candidate’s communication skills. In a sales role at Bamboo, employees are continually communicating with potential customers. It is important that they are able to listen well to questions and concerns that potential customers present, so that they’re able to address them and help assess if our software is a good fit for them or not.

As far as the interview process goes, we know that it’s next to impossible to learn everything about a person from an interview. However, we do design the interview process in such a way to allow each candidate to be open, to learn about us and for us to learn as much as we can about them in the time that we do have. If we feel we need additional information about a candidate in order to make a decision, we will move forward to another interview, but that doesn’t always happen.

At BambooHR we genuinely care about the success of every candidate. Two of our values are “do the right thing” and “grow from good to great”. We know that many companies don’t give candidates feedback, but we’ve decided to take the time to provide candidates with feedback when possible, so that they know why decisions were made and so they are able to take that feedback and hopefully use it to grow, progress and be successful.

Thank you again for considering us and for the investment you put into the interview process. We appreciate you and sincerely wish you the very best of luck in your search. If you have more feedback you’d like to share, feel free to do so through this link:

A Sales Like Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BambooHR (Lindon, UT) in December 2019.

Interview

I felt like the interview was good for the most part but it was what happened after the interview. Having never truly worked a sales position you would think they wouldn't expect a great “passion” for it as a requirement for being hired when they pride themselves on their training. Not only that but the position I applied for wasn't even the straight up sales department. If I had known having a passion for something I am wanting to try for the first time was a deciding factor I would have either faked it or not wasted my time and theirs in going in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• In a nutshell to describe an instance you've dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Jan 10, 2020

Thank you for considering BambooHR, for your investment in the interview process and for providing feedback on your experience. Because we have such an intensive training process, it’s important that employees are committed to their role. Part of the way we assess that in an interview process is by evaluating candidates' passion for and excitement about the position they're applying for. We also really want our employees to love their job and to be happy and successful, so we try to do the right by candidates by making sure that the position they’re applying for is something they’re going to love. Thanks again for considering us and for giving feedback. If you have more you’d like to share, feel free to do so through this link:

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BambooHR (Lindon, UT) in November 2019.

Interview

I had to reach out several times over the course of 2-3 weeks to get any info. After that I chatted with a recruiter, completed a video interview, then had an in-person interview. After the in-person interview I again had to reach out to the recruiter 5-6 times to get any updates/info. In the end they went with someone else who was farther along in the hiring process because it was easier for them. This was frustrating because I was one of the first people to apply for the position. In my opinion, I think it is quite unprofessional and frankly rude to ghost someone rather than tell them in a timely manner that they didn't get the job. They didn't tell me until a week later that they had gone with someone else. This interview process seriously needs to be improved.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember what specific questions were asked, but I remember them being quite normal questions.   Answer Question

Nov 22, 2019 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that this was your experience. Candidate experience is really important to us and we care about being as responsive as possible and consistently keeping everyone in the loop. We can assure you that we would never intentionally “ghost” a candidate, although sometimes voicemails, emails, or communication can get lost in the process. One of our values is “grow from good to great” and we are consistently looking at ways we can personally improve. If you have additional feedback, we’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to share any additional thoughts, here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdmHsvbC7psJmjBgW6Gj7qC2qNZpR3yisM3F1qy6Ieaf7y47g/viewform?usp=sf_link