Bandwidth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bandwidth Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

Order Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviews include time with People Services (HR), the hiring manager, senior leaders, and the team you'll be placed on.

Some interviewers have a "type" that they hire, so watch out for any leading questions. They will throw you off guard with their laid back attitude, but remember that they are trying to weed out candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Bandwidth?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bandwidth.

Interview

Turned in an application and got a call from a technical recruiter within a day. After talking to him briefly where he told me about the company, I had a second, much longer conversation with him over the phone. Said he would pitch my info to the hiring manager and that he would get back to me in 24-48 hours. Haven't heard back since (it's been about 2 months).

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Sanford, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

This was one of the most coolest interview experiences that I ever had in my career until now.

I applied through Job portal and received call from the HR next day itself. I had two phone interviews, one technical and one behavioral with technical recruiter. After they found me eligible, they invited me for half a day of onsite interviews.

I spoke to A senior hiring manager, followed by Sr director and a technical exam, followed by a panel interview and one more HR interview.

They were trying to know if I can be a best fit in the company's culture and values. All the panel members were really at ease and made me feel that time just flew even though i had to talk to so many people.

Interview Questions

• Previous experiences, salesforce technical questions and why I wanted to move from my existing position and etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had to negotiate for a sign on bonus and got a decent offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was initially sent a small evaluation asking some basic computer science theory questions and some networking questions. I then had a short phone interview with someone from HR. After that, I had 3 30 minute interview with three different groups in the same session. The first two groups consisted of members of different dev teams and the last was with HR again.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Online application then phone interview the received 2 in-person interviews. Nice and courteous but very disorganized. The hiring manger that was supposed to interview me did not show up and they had me wait for 20 minutes while they got their other hiring manager who was new. No response after the second interview, terrible company from what I experienced.

Interview Questions

Bandwidth Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with the recruiting process here at Bandwidth. We pride ourselves on offering the best candidate experience. I am the Sr. Recruiting Manager and ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

After I applied online I heard back a week later, after the initial phone screen I had to go through 5 technical interviews, yep you read that right 4 different tests, 2 written and 2 technical phone and one video. It was definitely the most intense interviews I ever did, I realized by the last interview that this position was probably open for a long time in the quest to find "the perfect person".

Interview Questions

• Think of any, and all questions you ever took on a test for coding and multiply that by 10   Answer Question

Product Specialist/Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

No opinion because everything except the offer stage went well. The team looked great and I was looking forward to the offer.

Process:

1. Intro interview with talent
    2. technical interview with hiring manager
    3. followup interview with talent and scheduling in-person
    4. in person interview
    5. offer

I declined the offer. I received the initial verbal offer about 3 weeks after the in-person interview. It was a bit low, so they offered a sign-on bonus. I asked for a higher base instead of the sign-on, which equaled the initial base plus the sign-on. Took about a week for them to accept that, but not before being somewhat hostile and condescending about me not sharing my current pay and benefits with them after I repeatedly told them I didn't want to share it. Typical old-school hiring process of bullying people into sharing private information for leverage. It's too bad because the team seemed like a great group of people to work with and I was really excited about the offer, but I wouldn't want to work for a company that acts like that in the one stage that the company has the biggest motivation to not treat an employee like crap.

1. Quote, from two different talent aq people: "I don't know where you read that you shouldn't share your package details with potential employers, but that's okay because you're new to this." No, I'm not, and there is no way sharing that information with you yields a net benefit for me in this process. I told you how much I'm looking for, meet it, negotiate, or take away the offer. You don't need that information to proceed.

2. Someone was holding up the offer process. It sounded like everyone was on board with my original base+sign on deal except "one person." If that "one person" that has veto power on something "everyone's on board with", then (s)he would be in charge of other things related to my employment. No thanks.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the difference between a primary key and a foreign key?   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Email questionnaire -> HR phone screen -> On-site Interview
    I went through the email questionnaire and HR phone screen. I passed the email questionnaire and HR phone screen, and scheduled the on-site interview. But the day before the on-site interview, the recruiter emailed me and said they are in a hiring freeze so they cannot guarantee a immediate position. So, I did not do the on-site interview. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• The email questionnaire was on binary trees and basic computer networking concepts. HR phone screen was pretty basic, just be yourself and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth in July 2016.

Interview

This might be a one-off incident and I may be the unlucky applicant. My experience was as follows:

1. Applied for the position on their website.
    2. Received an email from the Recruiting Manager to schedule an introduction phone call.
    3. No phone call from the Manager at the specified time. Received an email later about not making the phone call and rescheduled it for another day and time.
    4. I speak with the Manager this time about the open position and my profile. The Manager asks me for my availability for a Technical Assessment test which would be sent out via email and I would have about an hour to complete it. I give my availability and wait for the email on the specified day and time.
    5. I do not receive the Technical Assessment email that I was expecting. After a while, I receive an email (with apologies, of course) from the Manager on missing out on sending the email and when would it be possible for me to take the test again. I schedule another day and time.
    6. I haven't heard back either via email or phone since.

Your mileage may vary. :)

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

5 continuous interviews - 30 min each with all the team managers and the hiring manager. Started with basic questions related to resume. Then some situation based questions related to NPL and EOL. Some basic understanding of Industrial Engineering and supply chain. Command on various languages and projects done using those languages.

Interview Questions

• Resume based questions   1 Answer
    • Language familiarity   1 Answer
    • NPL and EOL life situation based question   1 Answer