Bandwidth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.8

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Typical Phone Interview Followed by Onsite Interview with 3 people. Technical, Manager and Director. Interview Questions are purely technical and all 3 will expect you to have a deep technical knowledge of low level code. They showed zero interest in actually getting to know me and my experience. First interviewer was the most unprofessional interview I have ever had. He was extremely rude and referred to himself as a 'Brilliant Jerk', asked me to pseudo code a problem on the board then proceeded to critique my syntax. When I pointed this out his response was 'Well....'. The next 2 were pretty straightforward, but focused heavily on technical, so it was clear they were looking for a code monkey. I feel that they are missing a lot of value in candidates if all you are looking for is a low level programmer. Their pay is super low, because they try to tout their 'benefits' package which does not even come close to the loss you'll incur in pay in a salaried year. Which says a lot about their company. Based on my interactions here I would not recommend this company unless you are an offshore developer. I also was contacted by this companies recruiter themselves, out of the blue, so I would recommend that they not waste other candidates time and only reach out to candidates who fit the small spectrum that their looking for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Applied online.
    Received email back scheduling a preliminary phone interview. Standard kinda 'Round 1' things. Cover resume, and company, position, etc.
    Scheduled an in-person interview after that, about 1 week later (at your discretion).
    Met with 3 people at the company, separately. There is a technical section on the whiteboard, but it is fairly straightforward.
    They will perform a background check.

Interview Questions

• Convert integer to its numeric counterpart.   1 Answer

Client Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bandwidth.

Interview

I applied for a Client Development Manager position which, from the interviewer's descriptions, was more of an AM role, and too junior for my experience. After an initial phone screen with the recruiter, I was contacted early in the morning a few days later to see if I could meet with someone from the team later that day as they were were visiting San Francisco. I agreed to rearrange my schedule and commuted 3 hours round trip for a 30 minute meeting with some yokel from North Carolina who repeatedly referred to women as "gals". I was assured that they were interested in my candidacy and that the recruiter would be following up to arrange a final interview. After a few days passed, I reached out to the recruiter via email and received no response. Finally, over two weeks after my meeting with the yokel, I received a form letter from the recruiter thanking me for meeting with people I had never even heard of and telling me they "knew I was disappointed" but I wouldn't be getting the job.

Order Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviews include time with People Services (HR), the hiring manager, senior leaders, and the team you'll be placed on.

Some interviewers have a "type" that they hire, so watch out for any leading questions. They will throw you off guard with their laid back attitude, but remember that they are trying to weed out candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Bandwidth?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bandwidth.

Interview

Turned in an application and got a call from a technical recruiter within a day. After talking to him briefly where he told me about the company, I had a second, much longer conversation with him over the phone. Said he would pitch my info to the hiring manager and that he would get back to me in 24-48 hours. Haven't heard back since (it's been about 2 months).

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Sanford, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

This was one of the most coolest interview experiences that I ever had in my career until now.

I applied through Job portal and received call from the HR next day itself. I had two phone interviews, one technical and one behavioral with technical recruiter. After they found me eligible, they invited me for half a day of onsite interviews.

I spoke to A senior hiring manager, followed by Sr director and a technical exam, followed by a panel interview and one more HR interview.

They were trying to know if I can be a best fit in the company's culture and values. All the panel members were really at ease and made me feel that time just flew even though i had to talk to so many people.

Interview Questions

• Previous experiences, salesforce technical questions and why I wanted to move from my existing position and etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had to negotiate for a sign on bonus and got a decent offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was initially sent a small evaluation asking some basic computer science theory questions and some networking questions. I then had a short phone interview with someone from HR. After that, I had 3 30 minute interview with three different groups in the same session. The first two groups consisted of members of different dev teams and the last was with HR again.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Online application then phone interview the received 2 in-person interviews. Nice and courteous but very disorganized. The hiring manger that was supposed to interview me did not show up and they had me wait for 20 minutes while they got their other hiring manager who was new. No response after the second interview, terrible company from what I experienced.

Interview Questions

Bandwidth Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with the recruiting process here at Bandwidth. We pride ourselves on offering the best candidate experience. I am the Sr. Recruiting Manager and... More

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed interview scheduling took approximately one week. Two weeks after interviewing, I was in a face-to-face 4 hours long casual interview with the entire team, one or two people at a time. If the first interview doesn't go well, I assume they don't continue interviewing for another 3.5 hours. Very casual. I appreciated the quick process!

Interview Questions

• Basics - strengths and weaknesses; how do you deal with stress; lots of very casual "culture fit" questions. This company believes that if you fit the culture, you can be taught to do anything easily so technical ability seemed secondary to likability.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bandwidth (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

After I applied online I heard back a week later, after the initial phone screen I had to go through 5 technical interviews, yep you read that right 4 different tests, 2 written and 2 technical phone and one video. It was definitely the most intense interviews I ever did, I realized by the last interview that this position was probably open for a long time in the quest to find "the perfect person".

Interview Questions

• Think of any, and all questions you ever took on a test for coding and multiply that by 10   Answer Question