Bandwidth Reviews

3.9
Bandwidth Co-Founder and CEO David Morken
David Morken

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits covered by company.(in 57 reviews)
  • "some great people there(in 33 reviews)
  • "they want you mentally and physically healthy and maintain good work/life balance.(in 20 reviews)
  • "The company culture is also great, and the ceo regularly has AMA sessions with all employees to share where we’re headed as an org.(in 13 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bandwidth and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

A company that holds true to their core values

Aug 19, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people. Bandwidth has some of the best people I’ve ever worked with. They have people who are willing to go out of their way to help you. They have strong leadership that sticks to the foundation on what this company was built on. David Morken has always been who he is & that’s why he’s so successful. It’s takes a tough individual to not only build an empire but to maintain it. He holds true to his morals & values which is rare to find these days. He doesn’t push them on anyone but he does expect you to uphold your end of bargain as any good leader should. This is a place you can be truly be who you are, whatever that may look like.

Cons

Too many employees who have a victim mentality. They rather sit & complain behind a screen than bring it up to their senior management.

Bandwidth Response

Thanks for your review.

2. 5.0

Good Wlb and benefits. Great culture

Apr 26, 2022 - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good wlb and great benefits

Cons

Pay is not competitive compared to others

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Come for a job, stay for a career

Apr 24, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance is incredible (really allow for work to remain at work) The benefits are great (especially for family driven employees) The culture is outstanding (looks good on paper, 10x better in real-life) The people are super smart (and real badasses–they’ll help you become better by the project, day, and decision) Internal opportunities are real (upward mobility or cross-pollinating based on your own interests) At my previous employers I would get get two of the above at best per job but this place really is the real deal. I cannot say enough about the amount of potential you’ll have if you are willing to put in the effort. The willingness to teach, effort to listen, and amount of support is incredible.

Cons

The pay bands could use some looking at, especially in the areas of the company where the market is so competitive at the moment

4. 1.0

Rollercoaster Environment

May 13, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bandwidth makes an effort to hire decent / kind people. HR tries to mediate conflict, sometimes it works. Free healthcare.

Cons

Leadership: Leaders are extraordinarily under qualified, condescending, create toxic environments, & unaware as to how to create a team culture. Diversity: Unfortunately, none. Culture: Sales Leaders are apart of a fraternity atmosphere, it’s a boy’s club. Continuous red flags. Internal Recruiters / hiring process: Contradictory in nature, favoritism is evident, impossible to transfer departments. Turnover: Across the organization, countless employees have voluntarily quit, the trend continues. Compensation/benefits: Pay is low compared to the market, benefits continue to be nonexistent until new campus is built.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Company I’ve Worked For!

Mar 4, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are industry leading! Free health insurance that is a low deductible for FREE! They will also reimburse when you have a child! Generous PTO for all and chance to earn more. 90 minute workout lunch with free gym membership. So much more benefits. My experience has been that you get rewarded for performance. The more committed you are, the more you are awarded and more trust leaders have in you. There is room for upward mobility if you trust the process and stay committed to the BAND! There is no permanent WFH but there is still lots of flexibility when needed.

Cons

401k match is only 4% but other benefits make up for it. Rapidly growing so there are usual growing pains associated

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Positively Challenging

Apr 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thinking, challenging status quo, growth encouraged. Developers I work with are extremely talented and intelligent. At the same time, there are not arrogant jerks.

Cons

It is going through rapid growth and global focus. This means that there is constant change. There is not always clear priorities, or the priorities are changing

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Things are turning around, slowly

Feb 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Things that have always been true: - Very good work/life balance - Company-paid health insurance premiums (for very good coverage) - I love working and growing with my team Things that have improved in the last 12-18 months: - Pay has become much more competitive - A change in stance on working from home (which seems blindingly obvious in hindsight, but represents a willingness to listen to and adjust to feedback at the top) - A decision at the top to become a true software company (as opposed to remaining a telecom company that dabbles in software because we have to)

Cons

I'm going to level with you. It's been really rough here over the last two years. You can read some of the 1-star reviews to get an idea as to why. On top of these factors, the great resignation has hit us hard - some of our key team members have moved on to other jobs. I miss working with people I care about, and hiring and retaining talent is just as hard for us as it is for everybody right now. The above begs the question - why am I still working for Bandwidth when greener grass is just an interview or two away? I'm still here because I love my team more than I love the idea of getting paid more. The work-life balance here affords me the room to do the things that make my heart happy. I've built a community here that would be hard to replicate elsewhere. These things would be a lot for me to give up for greener grass (that always comes with brown patches that you generally don't learn about until after you get hired somewhere).

16 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love it here

Apr 22, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love working at bandwidth, they treat us very well.

Cons

Nothing major, I love it!

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company that could be good, but chooses not to

Aug 5, 2021 - Software Engineer II in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of people at the company are absolutely wonderful and intelligent. There's a potential to get a lot of great hands on experience and people don't coddle you or block you with red tape.

Cons

As many others have said, the culture is pretty strict and forced top-down from David Morken. If you aren't religious, enjoy working out all the time, or have traditional family values, you probably wont' be very valued (long term) here. David making light of people's struggles during the pandemic and not taking precautions seriously has made many people leave, and attrition is very high at the moment. I was really excited to join this company as the culture seemed really close knit and supportive. While I've met many great people, the overall company culture just doesn't seem to align with the people who are working there which is why so many are leaving. Not letting people be flexible and treating your employees like children is ruining chances for hiring and retaining competent people, especially those in more senior roles. Teams were already low staffed for what was expected of them, with attrition its been near on impossible.

34 people found this review helpful

Bandwidth Response

Thanks for the review. Sorry to hear your experience has not been positive. Our culture is designed not to be top-down but rather 360 where we lift each other up, celebrate our differences and promote an environment where Bandmates can be their authentic selves and feel a deep sense of belonging.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

BW Review

Apr 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and the benefits are incredible!

Cons

Required to come into the office - doesn’t bother me

Viewing 1 - 10 of 280 Reviews

Bandwidth Reviews FAQs

Bandwidth has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 299 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Bandwidth to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bandwidth employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bandwidth. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

69% of Bandwidth employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bandwidth 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bandwidth to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be management, senior leadership, compensation.

Popular Careers with Bandwidth Job Seekers