Bankrate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bankrate

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bankrate (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Technical phone screen:

Technical questions are asked and if pass then they will ask you for an in person interview the following week.

In Person:

First part of interview with polished empathetic manager introducing himself spending 45 minutes asking questions about background and understanding the candidate.

Second part of interview with developers white board exercises asking comprehensive, conceptual walk through scenarios.

Third part of interview is an ambush. Two narcissistic inexperienced architects asking pointed questions, questioning credibility of candidate, and not wanting to know if the candidate can do the job, but satisfying their own egos at the expense of the candidate. What is really demented, is they seem to enjoy themselves, relishing in the candidates uneasiness. There is another candidate on this site that states they answered a question correctly but was told they were incorrect. I would assume by these two architects.

Fourth part of interview. Follow up with manager.

Interview Questions

• If you do not know the answer then how could you possibly have 14 years experience working with ... ?   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bankrate (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume, and then received an email that I would have a phone screening, and then had another phone screening, and then had an in-person interview with 5 people, and then had one last interview over High Five (Facetime).

Interview Questions

• How do your skills qualify you for this position?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bankrate (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Friendly people. There was a panel interview with a group of 3 people, more like a friendly conversation. This was followed by two one on one interviews. I had lunch with one of my interviewers. Everything was very casual and laidback.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bankrate (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Swift interview process that did not draw out for weeks. I was hired within two weeks of submitting my application. I had two phone screenings with an assistant editor and head of content.

Interview Questions

• Do i use the site frequently   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankrate (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, process took about 2 weeks. The recruiter was really nice and suggested other positions that might fit my background better. There were no hard questions that were asked.

Interview Questions

Bankrate Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I am sorry that we were not able to offer you a position within our organization this summer, but please feel free to continue seeking positions on our... More

SEO Manager Interview

Interview

Many, many rounds. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a phone interview with a team member, completed a case study, then 2 video interviews of about 2 hours each with about 6 people at the company, including people not on the team and another interview with the same team member. Then there was radio silence for about 3 weeks, and I had to follow up with the recruiter 3 times before getting any response.

Anonymous Employee in North Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankrate (North Palm Beach, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

One interview. Asked if i heard about the company and what they do. i was told there would be a background check. Also met with the HR rep and she explained some benefits with me. Told me that i would hear something by the end of the week. Received a call by the end of the day with a formal job offer and a starting date. Started the following week.

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankrate.

Interview

I submitted for the position online. I was contacted by HR and set up an interview. I met with HR and then a couple of managers from the department. The interview was fairly simple and straight forward. It lasted maybe an hour or so. I was offered the position very quickly and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could spell the word "mortgage" because that's about the only skill you need for this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told me the range of salary for the department and they offered me the max.

Anonymous Employee in North Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankrate (North Palm Beach, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application online through career builder. Then, I received a phone call to come in for an interview. Only one interview with the assistant vice president, and a tour of the offices. They took me around the office and introduced me to a few people. It was very casual.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very casual about prior jobs.   1 Answer

HRBP Interview

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter and he set up an on site interview. He then followed up and set up a skype interview with a CEO in their office. Following that, I was told that I would hear in couple of days and after reaching out several times, never heard back either way as a courtesy from the recruiter. Very unprofessional process and I would not recommend that company after this poor experience.

Interview Questions

Bankrate Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Director Of Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your interview experience and provide us with your honest feedback. We pride ourselves on our communication, honesty and transparency and... More