Bankrate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankrate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.4

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankrate.

Interview

I was asked to schedule a phone interview and I prepared well for the interview. The HR called in 6 minutes late and said that the position was filled. Nor did he suggest another position and I was left hanging. I should have got atleast a referral if I wasn't given a chance to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

Bankrate Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Director Of Staffing

I really appreciate you taking the time to provide your honest feedback with our company. Please allow me to offer my sincerest apologies on behalf of the Talent Acquisition Team for your... More

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankrate (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, process took about 2 weeks. The recruiter was really nice and suggested other positions that might fit my background better. There were no hard questions that were asked.

Interview Questions

Bankrate Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am sorry that we were not able to offer you a position within our organization this summer, but please feel free to continue seeking positions on our... More

HRBP Interview

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter and he set up an on site interview. He then followed up and set up a skype interview with a CEO in their office. Following that, I was told that I would hear in couple of days and after reaching out several times, never heard back either way as a courtesy from the recruiter. Very unprofessional process and I would not recommend that company after this poor experience.

Interview Questions

Bankrate Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Director Of Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your interview experience and provide us with your honest feedback. We pride ourselves on our communication, honesty and transparency and... More

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankrate (New York, NY).

Interview

First call with recruiter was curt, late and generally apathetic.
    Felt rushed and simply unpleasant
    I wish the person interviewing me would be more excited and try to sell the company more, but that was simply not the case, he seemed like he himself was not excited to be working there

Interview Questions

Bankrate Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Director Of Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for your response. We do hear you, and since your experience, we have made significant changes to make the interview process more enjoyable and positive. It is my... More

Director Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bankrate (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed in person a few times and on both occasions the interview process was clearly defined and written out for me. I understood all interviewers titles and job function and how I would work with them providing I got the job.

The position I interviewed for is responsible for building on boarding and candidate experience, but Bankrate already had an impressive process in place and after I was done with the my interviews, it was clearly a company that I wanted to be a part of.

Bottom line, everyone works hard to give the candidate a great experience and drive towards an amazing culture. I would rank Bankrate's talent acquisition organization best in class

Interview Questions

• What past experiences will help you the most in developing a best in class recruiting function   Answer Question

Salesforce Position - Developer/Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bankrate (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward. Applied online - 3rd party recruiter(contracted i think) contacted to set up phone interviews. She never contacted me by phone -everything was done by email. It was 5 phone interviews in a span of 6 weeks(one/week) - each of them 30 mins long. 1st person was a VP - general questions about my experience and how I might fit in. Then 2nd person was a lady also a manager of some kind - similar questions. 3rd one also a lady - similar questions. 4th person was little technical guy but more of a vp/manager. All these went by fine. At every level I was thinking they will invite me for in-person interview next because they were taking so long to give me a feedback. Final one, she was rude and that her requirements are rigid and cannot be met by SFDC and Salesforce cannot provide what she wanted in a project. I was kind enough and said I need to see the requirements to provide a solution. She didn't give a chance to explain. Found out that she has never stayed with one company for over 1 year which is mysterious. Anyways, If only the 5th interviewer was the 1st interviewer, then it wouldn't have been complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• General sfdc experience questions. experience related qs, what kind of project? How it was implemented etc   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bankrate (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple in-person and phone interviews all to eventually tell me they would need some time to get ready. When I reached back out to my point of contact they stopped answering, after telling me to not look for other work.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a co-worker and if so how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bankrate (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Friendly people. There was a panel interview with a group of 3 people, more like a friendly conversation. This was followed by two one on one interviews. I had lunch with one of my interviewers. Everything was very casual and laidback.

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankrate.

Interview

I submitted for the position online. I was contacted by HR and set up an interview. I met with HR and then a couple of managers from the department. The interview was fairly simple and straight forward. It lasted maybe an hour or so. I was offered the position very quickly and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could spell the word "mortgage" because that's about the only skill you need for this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told me the range of salary for the department and they offered me the max.

Data Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

interview process dragged on for two months. Was initially interviewed by recruiter, then a bankrate employee in NYC. The latter had me complete assignment after assignment, week after week, and droned on endlessly about himself during a phone interview. the job is still open, six months later.