Barney & Barney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barney & Barney Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barney & Barney.

Interview

There was very basic questioning. There were three rounds of interviews first with HR, then with the team supervisor and lastly, you have a group interview with team. Corporate culture is very important so the interview method makes a lot of sense.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult employees   1 Answer

Publications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barney & Barney.

Interview

I had one interview which seemed promising, followed by another interview that was a little less promising. After following up they informed me they moved forward with another candidate.

The first interview was with one person, and the second interview was with two.

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online. There was an excel test, personality test and a one on one before meeting and interviewing with team members and supervisors. They used pretty traditional methods and questions which I appreciated after having some very quirky and non-traditional interview questions asked from other companies.

Cst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (Aliso Viejo, CA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview with managing director. Basic HR questions, followed by a more specific job related interview in person. It was a very relaxed and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why you would be a good fit?   1 Answer

Commercial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick 15 first interview, was asked to return for a 30 minute interview. Very nice ladies both times; they made the interview very relaxed. No super tricky questions. Very nice office.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer

Benefit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter. We went over the job description, expectations, and my current role. The recruiter asked for my current salary. I was foolish enough to be honest. She informed me the range would be "quite a significant bump" for me. She quoted a range 7-10k more than my current salary.

The next interview was with a Manager and another Benefit Analyst. Basic interview questions, asked about my current job duties etc...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received an offer a week later that was lower than the range the recruiter quoted. I tried to negotiated for the range the recruiter quoted but was denied because I was honest about my current salary. The offer was only 3k more than I was currently making and 4k under the recruiter's quoted range. The negotiations were unsuccessful. They would not honor the quoted salary range. I can't work for an employer who doesn't value honesty nor honor a ranged quoted by a recruiter so I respectfully declined the offer.

Many takeaways and lessons learned.

Interview

Personality tests and meetings with all or most principals in your office. The process is geared towards finding the right personality fit to fill the role. Culture is everything to keeping long term associates.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were defeated and came back stronger.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (New York, NY).

Interview

East straight forward questions to see if you are a personality fit know what you would do in various situations, Give details on your organization skills and ability to learn. Very important to know excel

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the industry   1 Answer

Commercial Services Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (Walnut, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of phone interview and in person interview. The HR girl came down from San Diego office and met in Walnut Creek. She was pleasant and energetic and bubbly. She kept talking about how great the company is and how the culture is great. I just interviewed a couple of days ago so Im still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What did you do in your recent position and previous positions?   1 Answer

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied and got called for an interview on the same day. I met with the corporate recruiter first who was very nice and informative. She then scheduled for a second interview that day with the Benefit's account manager who would be head of my team. Prove it Excel test and personality test was sent after the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; What is your experience with Excel? How much responsibility do you have over the accounts at your current Employer?   Answer Question