Barney & Barney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Barney & Barney

2.4

Client Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

This review is for a recruiter meeting. A recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn and invited me to an exploratory meeting to see if there was a potential fit. Casual meeting; I did not pursue further due to location.

Interview Questions

• Discussed my current position, what I liked about my current company, why did I take the meeting. Very open to discussing the open position, growth potential and type of team and environment one would be working in.   Answer Question

Client Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (Aliso Viejo, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from an HR Recruiter a few days later. I then went to the Aliso Viejo office a few days later for an interview. The interview took about an hour and was rather painless. The company had just become affiliated with Marsh and they were also undergoing training for a new agency management system. I was told that all of the training would take place in San Diego. A lot of changes going on at the company. I followed up with HR about 3 weeks later, waited another week, and then I received an email back stating that they offered the position to another person. The end.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about prioritizing your work when you are working with multiple people?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barney & Barney in January 2015.

Interview

phone interview then in person interview with more than 3 people present from office staff, asked routine questions was not very hard. the person who first contacted me was out of another office and was very good about keeping me update and informed of the whole process. i knew what to expect before arriving. very casual over the phone.

Interview Questions

• why you want to work there, what challenges do you face daily at current position, very generic   Answer Question

Benefit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter. We went over the job description, expectations, and my current role. The recruiter asked for my current salary. I was foolish enough to be honest. She informed me the range would be "quite a significant bump" for me. She quoted a range 7-10k more than my current salary.

The next interview was with a Manager and another Benefit Analyst. Basic interview questions, asked about my current job duties etc...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received an offer a week later that was lower than the range the recruiter quoted. I tried to negotiated for the range the recruiter quoted but was denied because I was honest about my current salary. The offer was only 3k more than I was currently making and 4k under the recruiter's quoted range. The negotiations were unsuccessful. They would not honor the quoted salary range. I can't work for an employer who doesn't value honesty nor honor a ranged quoted by a recruiter so I respectfully declined the offer.

Many takeaways and lessons learned.

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online. There was an excel test, personality test and a one on one before meeting and interviewing with team members and supervisors. They used pretty traditional methods and questions which I appreciated after having some very quirky and non-traditional interview questions asked from other companies.

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied and got called for an interview on the same day. I met with the corporate recruiter first who was very nice and informative. She then scheduled for a second interview that day with the Benefit's account manager who would be head of my team. Prove it Excel test and personality test was sent after the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; What is your experience with Excel? How much responsibility do you have over the accounts at your current Employer?   Answer Question

Publications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barney & Barney.

Interview

I had one interview which seemed promising, followed by another interview that was a little less promising. After following up they informed me they moved forward with another candidate.

The first interview was with one person, and the second interview was with two.

Desktop Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (Aliso Viejo, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Recruiter found me. First phone interview was easy; Second phone interview was very job specific, kind of hard; 2 additional in-person interviews, one of which was a panel. i had to come back for the 4th interview because the managing principal was on vacation for a month. after 4 interviews, they told me i was the one for the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a Section Break and a Page Break.
      Define Pantone.
      What are the important features of a MS Theme/Stye sheet.
      Walk through the steps of inserting a linked Excel spreadsheet that is using an external data source; without breaking the link to the source.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really

Cst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (Aliso Viejo, CA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview with managing director. Basic HR questions, followed by a more specific job related interview in person. It was a very relaxed and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why you would be a good fit?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

two interviews very basic they asked simple questions so you could it them out the park. no really issue here. very responsive and timely. they were a week apart and gave you plenty of time to schedule.