Barney & Barney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.3

Cst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (Aliso Viejo, CA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview with managing director. Basic HR questions, followed by a more specific job related interview in person. It was a very relaxed and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why you would be a good fit?   1 Answer

Commercial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick 15 first interview, was asked to return for a 30 minute interview. Very nice ladies both times; they made the interview very relaxed. No super tricky questions. Very nice office.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer

Benefit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter. We went over the job description, expectations, and my current role. The recruiter asked for my current salary. I was foolish enough to be honest. She informed me the range would be "quite a significant bump" for me. She quoted a range 7-10k more than my current salary.

The next interview was with a Manager and another Benefit Analyst. Basic interview questions, asked about my current job duties etc...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received an offer a week later that was lower than the range the recruiter quoted. I tried to negotiated for the range the recruiter quoted but was denied because I was honest about my current salary. The offer was only 3k more than I was currently making and 4k under the recruiter's quoted range. The negotiations were unsuccessful. They would not honor the quoted salary range. I can't work for an employer who doesn't value honesty nor honor a ranged quoted by a recruiter so I respectfully declined the offer.

Many takeaways and lessons learned.

Interview

Personality tests and meetings with all or most principals in your office. The process is geared towards finding the right personality fit to fill the role. Culture is everything to keeping long term associates.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you were defeated and came back stronger.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (New York, NY).

Interview

East straight forward questions to see if you are a personality fit know what you would do in various situations, Give details on your organization skills and ability to learn. Very important to know excel

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the industry   1 Answer

Commercial Services Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (Walnut, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of phone interview and in person interview. The HR girl came down from San Diego office and met in Walnut Creek. She was pleasant and energetic and bubbly. She kept talking about how great the company is and how the culture is great. I just interviewed a couple of days ago so Im still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What did you do in your recent position and previous positions?   1 Answer

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied and got called for an interview on the same day. I met with the corporate recruiter first who was very nice and informative. She then scheduled for a second interview that day with the Benefit's account manager who would be head of my team. Prove it Excel test and personality test was sent after the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; What is your experience with Excel? How much responsibility do you have over the accounts at your current Employer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

two interviews very basic they asked simple questions so you could it them out the park. no really issue here. very responsive and timely. they were a week apart and gave you plenty of time to schedule.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barney & Barney in January 2015.

Interview

phone interview then in person interview with more than 3 people present from office staff, asked routine questions was not very hard. the person who first contacted me was out of another office and was very good about keeping me update and informed of the whole process. i knew what to expect before arriving. very casual over the phone.

Interview Questions

• why you want to work there, what challenges do you face daily at current position, very generic   Answer Question

Client Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barney & Barney (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

This review is for a recruiter meeting. A recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn and invited me to an exploratory meeting to see if there was a potential fit. Casual meeting; I did not pursue further due to location.

Interview Questions

• Discussed my current position, what I liked about my current company, why did I take the meeting. Very open to discussing the open position, growth potential and type of team and environment one would be working in.   Answer Question