Barneys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barneys Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.5

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barneys in July 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, comfortable it consisted of questions regarding product knowledge, retail experience .they were friendly , honest and gave me some expectations that they like from their sales associates .

Interview Questions

• How would a shopping experience be like with you?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barneys.

Interview

Applied online then brought in for an in person interview, was told I got the job about a week after interviewing. Then had to let them know in a few days. Decided to decline the offer but they seemed really great.

Web Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barneys (Lyndhurst, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Very quick and easy. There was a clear explaination of duties, requirements and what was expected of scheduling. There was a very clear presentation of the company and it's departments.

Sales Associate - Women's RTW - Full Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barneys (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and decided to go in store and drop off my resume, met one of the assistant managers then. This was right before Christmas so I didn't get a call to come in for an interview until the first week of January.

First interview with another assistant manager (of women's rtw, the department I applied for). Question topics include tell me about yourself and then many scenario questions in regards to dealing with clients, building client relationships, working with strong personality coworkers. I was introduced to employees, walked out, and told I can expect a call next week to meet the general manager.

Interviewed with general manager, similar questions-- more room for question asking this time and outlined benefits I would receive and asked about what wage I wanted. I asked what is the average wage an entry level can expect?

Got a call the Monday after receiving the good news!

Previous to this, I had minimal sales experience and no luxury sales experience but I have always been invested and am knowledgeable in fashion. I also have had much experience in working with people (building relationships with patients in healthcare facilities as I was previously a dietetics grad student). I prepared for potential interview questions the night before by looking through Glassdoor and Indeed. Knowing how to dress obviously helps here.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How would you build client relationships?
      How would you deal with a difficult coworker?
      How would you deal with a difficult client?
      Why Barneys?
      What brands do you like that we carry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked what wage I can expect in my position on average when the general manager asked about my wage. She answered around $16/hr + 3% commission. She asked if that was ok and I said yes. I ended up receiving $16.50/hr. I did not negotiate but if you have experience in sales, I would encourage you to do so.

Fragrance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barneys (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an email to come in for an interview less than a week later. Went into the interview thought it went well but didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at barneys?
      What experience do you have that will make you eligible for the job?
      Do you like working with customers?
      What do you think about the culture of the company?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barneys (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I Applied online and got a call for interview in about 2 weeks. I was welcomed with a smile from the HR assistant and waited only 10 minutes for the training and developing manager of human resources first. Interview was smooth i thought, She will schedule me with another interview this week. I will make sure to keep you guys posted on the process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have that may benefit me in position I am applying for.   Answer Question

Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barneys (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Was placed in a chair in the middle of the Hr floor so I got to see the flow the store back of house. Had to fill out an additional application. Then I met with a Hr manager. General questions. Was more like a simple convo then an interview think it went well.

Interview Questions

• If I was to contact your previous employer, What would they say about you ?   1 Answer

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barneys (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after a few months I was called in to a first interview with the HR manager then the Operations and Shipping manager. The Operations and Shipping manager went over all duties of the job to make sure I knew what I was getting myself into and that I was comfortable with the job. They called after one week and started after 3, only because they HR manager was on vacation.

Interview Questions

• Besides the average questions about my past experience in the filed and position, they wanted to know what I knew about the company and what I liked about it. They also what kind of attributes do you value?   1 Answer

MIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barneys (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Skype call with HR. Asks basic questions about experience and why New York. Interviewer was very nice and the whole process was quick and clear. The pay is non-negotiable, but the people at the company, especially the supervisor will make this experience worth it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wage is non-negotiable.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barneys (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a current employee. They suggested I fill out an application online and I was then contacted by HR. They conducted a brief phone interview and then invited me to come in to meet with them first followed by the Buyer I would be reporting into. HR followed up to have me then interview with the DMM. This interview was not as along (only about 30 minutes). The last round was with the EVP. That meeting was also about 30 minutes. HR reached out the following day to conduct references and then I was offered the position by the end of that week.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss the Barneys aesthetic and why the company resonates with you   Answer Question