Barnum Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.9

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Barnum Financial Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Was asked about myself, and what I hope to get out of the internship, including how soon can I start and availability. Business casual is also the dress code, for the interview and everyday after if you are accepted.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnum Financial Group in September 2017.

Interview

I met members of the company at my college career fair and received a call the next day to set up an in person interview at their Glastonbury office.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnum Financial Group (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

When you get called for the first interview you will meet with a senior manager and he will ask you multiple questions. If he/she likes you, you will be set up for a second interview. After the second there will be a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like Barnum?
      How would you promote yourself?
      Where do you see yourself in this profession?
      What are you looking for in a firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Barnum Financial Group (Shelton, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

The test to become fully licensed is the hardest part of getting the job. The interviews are are basic questions about you and your experiences. You will meet with a local manager and then have to sit for selection committee all while you are studying for the 3 licensing exams

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to get your business off to a fast start?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnum Financial Group (Shelton, CT).

Interview

Met with two representatives from BFG. Checking into the interview was tedious. Surprisingly aggressive Human Resource Rep. Asked many probing question but each person I interviewed with gave conflicting information about the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Barnum Financial Group (Elmsford, NY).

Interview

Applied on indeed, had a phone screen, HR told me they'd send my information and interview notes to the Financial Advisor who was hiring. I got called in the office to meet the advisor. Advisor was nice, office staff was very friendly. I was not extended the job but was asked if I was comfortable being sent to other advisors in the future if they were hiring

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barnum Financial Group.

Interview

Very engaged in outside activities, sports, community involvement. Met one on one for two interviews and then an interview with about 7 people including everyone who ran the internship program besides the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Some questions on experience was difficult since I did not have much. (This is where they like to see extracurricular).   1 Answer

Negotiation

None needed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barnum Financial Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

While the interview process was long, it was warranted. Barnum has a very selective process in choosing who it hires, which may seem intimidating, but it is also satisfying when you get hired knowing the company truly values and is dedicated to you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a financial advisor?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barnum Financial Group (Shelton, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

Proactive interview with SHRM, 2nd round with multiple teams, final round with SHRM.

Overall found everyone in the firm to be extremely driven and charismatic. It's clear that the culture is very competitive and that the type of people who thrive here are competitive, determined people.Though I wasn't interviewing for a Financial Advisory position, I still felt like I was important to the people I met with and that they were heavily invested in my career interests and potental. Also saw a very good work/life balance around the firm, which was really nice to see- a lot of family oriented people and friendships outside of the office.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy doing in a work environment?
      What motivates you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnum Financial Group (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. They were very friendly and cared a lot about what drives you as a first year. I had initial informal phone call where they focused on personality. The next interview was in person and had two parts. First one was the same recruiter that I spoke on the phone. She went through what made Barnum- Barnum then allowed me to answer and questions. The following meeting was more of a behavioral and finding out what kind of person I am on a working level (competitiveness and passions). One last interview was with my direct supervisor if I was to join. He made it clear how exclusive it was and grilled me on what my working conditions would be like. I ended up passing on the offer due to location but was one of the best interview experiences I have had.

Interview Questions

• What activities in my past showed my competitive drive? Tell me about the high and low points.   1 Answer