Bart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bart Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

Train Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bart in March 2017.

Interview

Took almost a year after I applied before I got any response at all. Every step takes a month or more to get a response if you passed and if your eligible for the next. The interview five generic questions that are related to Bart and safety no personalized questions to get a feel for the person. The whole process has nothing to do with your actual qualifications its all pre calculated tests and interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Bart is about safety and being on time describe a situation where you had to he on time yet safe.   Answer Question

Police Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bart (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a panel of 3 people and there were questions related to 3 scenarios (heart attack victim on train, car fire in parking lot, fight on lower level platform) and how would I prioritize each situation. Next, there were questions about working various shifts, integrity questions regarding coworkers stealing and how would I respond. Then, there were typical interview questions. Finally, they make you read a bulletin back to them. At the end, I asked them a few questions. I received an email about 11 days later saying I passed the interview, so now I'm just waiting to hear about my background check and whether or not I got the position!

Interview Questions

• What do you think being a Police Dispatcher entails and how do you have experience or training to help you in this position?   Answer Question

Bart Police Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bart (Antioch, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying, if selected there will be a POST test you have to take. If you pass the test, there will be a panel interview. I put no offer because, I'm still waiting for the results. It takes 30-45 after interview to hear if you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your work experience and how it relates to this position   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work for Bart?   Answer Question
    • They will give you 3 scenarios to rate order of importance and why   Answer Question
    • Are you ok with working nights, weekends, and holidays.   Answer Question

Computer DTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bart (Oakland, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

This was a computer test. It's the first process in the interview. You take a computer test to see if you know. There was a total of 19 questions. You get an email before hand with study guide but its very misleading. I had applied for a computer Trainer position the study guide was all engineering and Circuit question and answers. That threw me off and I went in the wrong mind sit. You have to get a passing score to move to the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Multiple choice question,

the computer starts up with different processes and how do you stop them.
      1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bart (Oakland, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Questions on how to do the job. Examples of how you did the job at previous employment.
    What you are good at while working. And what you are not good at.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at other jobs that would help you here at Bart   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bart.

Interview

It was a behavior interview instead of a technical interview. The people who interviewed me was pretty friendly and I learned quite a lot from the internship. If you ever get a chance to work at BART as an intern, I would suggest you go for it.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bart.

Interview

5 relatively simple interview questions. Nothing that I hadn't heard before in other interviews. Very structured and planned out which made it feel like they were simply going thru the motions. My interviews was over the phone, while most of the interns had in-person interviews, so phone interviews do not put you at a disadvantage at all.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bart (Oakland, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

3 person panel interview, 45 minutes long, included hiring manager and two peers. There was a selected list of questions that each interviewer had to chose from and each took turns asking questions. They all sat on one side and me on the other (like a firing squad, but at least they were friendly), I got the job so it all worked out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging work situation that you had to overcome.   1 Answer

Electronics Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bart (Oakland, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

First you will notify to take a computerized test. If you passed, please double check your junk box, some how it went to my junk box and I forgot to check it. I ended it up missed the chance. Bring your ID and go to bathroom before you enter the testing site. I had 37 questions on the test and they gave me about an hour to do it. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Just study the guideline. The stuff isn't hard on the test. Many questions on scopes, binary conversion and logic gates.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bart (Oakland, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was through a staffing firm so I was interviewed directly from the supervisor I was working with.

If you are going for full time position there are three main parts if everything goes smoothly.

First: Phone interview of basic interview questions as why you want to work at BART and some background.

Second: Three person panel. This will include Dept Mgr, HR Analyst, and a Div Super. They will ask technical questions in the area that you're applying for. Are you a team player? Example of how you are under pressure. What is your level of office etiquette?

Third: The written exams.(Study up!!!) Most, I see fail this part of the interview. It's not that people don't know the stuff but the get really nervous and are unprepared. This portion will prove that you don't need to be watch over when you're hired and will know who to ask when you have questions.

In the end make sure the interviewers like you as a person on a personal level...someone might have gotten the same score as you but your personality shines more than a lot of know how.

Interview Questions

• Most were past experience questions that were base on soft skills within an office atmosphere.   Answer Question