Bass Underwriters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bass Underwriters

2.3

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Underwriters (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Very brief. I felt they already had someone in mind and was just going through the process. Felt out of place with the decor. I interviewed and went home. Didnt get the job at the end.

Marketing Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bass Underwriters (Plantation, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Work culture is relaxed and casual, you must score high with everyone since everyone in the company is related some how to one of the owners. Their interview process is like 1990’s all paper don’t get to high tech with them they don’t know anything about technology and emails. Try to keep your interview simple and direct to the point. The interview process is pretty dry and they try to get you at the cheapest rate, go high so it leaves you room to negotiate. And I have seen them fire their own mothers that work for the company so your time there will be short

Interview Questions

• Why do you really want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for more money, they try to low ball you

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Underwriters.

Interview

Very brief interview. I hardly had a chance to speak before they said "it doesn't seem like a good fit." Interviewers were condescending and asked simple questions that could’ve been answered had they taken one glance at my resume. Waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bass Underwriters (Gainesville, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Consisted of an interview with the Underwriter and one with the Manager.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Underwriters.

Interview

HYPOCRITICAL hiring process.

Bass Underwriters is a good company, but they are creating a complete "Double Standard" for themselves. First off, a lot of the people currently working for Bass had NO previous Insurance experience, and in a lot of cases, NO BUSINESS experience at ALL prior to working for the company.
    Yet now they are only hiring older people with actual Insurance experience. WHAT A JOKE!

If a Large portion of the same people who are already working for the company, had to Interview and be hired again without their experience at Bass, THEY WOULD BE DENIED.

I will admit, that a lot of the workers have their heart in the right place (a relationship with God is very important to them) which is amazing to see. However, they have literally created a "Double Standard", expecting more to enter and be hired by the company than what most of them had to offer to get hired themselves. WOW!!!!!

Interview Questions

• How have you built up God's Kingdom with the work you have done in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Underwriters (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2019.

Interview

One on-campus interview which was in person followed by two seperate phone call interviews. The in person interview consisted of a branch manager and underwriter asking me questions about what i liked about insurance, where my future was headed, and why i would be a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you're a good candidate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Underwriters (Mobile, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

There's was two phone interviews. Each phone interview was about ten minutes long and the people were super nice and helpful. The actual interview was very brief and to the point. He already had my resume in his hand so he only asked me if I could multitask and work well with others.

Anonymous Employee in La Canada Flintridge, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bass Underwriters (La Canada Flintridge, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me a couple weeks later. We had a 30 minute phone conversation and then an in person interview was set up. That interview was an hour or so. Post the interview I took a skills finder test and spoke with one more individual high up in the underwriting department. After I was offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bass Underwriters (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Received the interview opportunity via a campus recruiting network for an initial interview. Once completed, I was told to apply online and scheduled a second interview with the branch manager in Orlando office.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bass Underwriters.

Interview

Two informal phone interviews with H.R. then one brief in-person meeting in office. The in-person meeting was to make sure your personality is compatible with the office. (Be personable.) Took a Strength Finder assessment, then was formally offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Bass? What would your former employer say your greatest strengths are?   Answer Question