Bassett Healthcare Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bassett Healthcare Network Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

3.1

Emergency Services Representative Interview

Interview

There was a quick phone interview with a lady from human resources. She was friendly and asked around 5 questions about past experiences and times when there may have been conflicts or disagreements at work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were pulled in multiple directions at work?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Healthcare Network (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call to briefly clarify a few details pertaining to the job and my resume. Subsequently we scheduled a formal telephone interview where we discussed my experience and I answered questions relevant to the job. We then discussed salary and answered a few questions regarding childcare.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cooperstown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Healthcare Network (Cooperstown, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with human resources with basic "how do you handle ABC situations". This was followed by a face to face with the hiring manager. This time there was More technical and background questions.I was given a tour of the facility. Second interview with department head and some staff. Second interview was about two hours. Fairly standard interview questions. Everyone involved was quite pleasant.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bassett Healthcare Network.

Interview

I applied on-line for an administrative assistant II position. The position description lacked detail. I got a call back from human resources to schedule a phone interview. During the scheduled phone interview she went over the entire application to verify I had put down what the application stated. I explained my work experience. I had worked my way through college working three part-time jobs. Before going back to school I worked full-time for years. The human resources worker devalued some of my experience in a very condescending tone along with the fact that I worked three jobs part-time instead of a full-time job. She ignored some of my work experience because it was part-time instead of taking into account the hours/duration to equate to full-time experience. The position required five years’ experience with one year deduction for having a degree. She told me I was not qualified and I should apply for a different job within the company or for the administrative I position. My work experience has been much more advanced and detailed than that of an administrative assistant, even taking into account just my full-time experience. I only applied for the position because jobs are hard to get around here and I recently moved back to the area. However, if she felt I was not qualified than my time should not have wasted, nor I do not think it was necessary to go over every question on the application either. I put it down. I signed it saying it was accurate. Manging an outlook calander and taking requests for scripts for doctors is well within the scope of my experience and not rocket science. I thanked her for her time and hung-up. I later called human resources and withdrew from all open positions I had applied. This is not the kind of company for which I want to work. Employees, or potential employees, should be valued from the start. Interviews are also a two-way process.

Mid-level Provider Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bassett Healthcare Network.

Interview

I worked with an outside recruiter, so my process was very simple. After my recruiter presented my resume to Bassett I spoke with their HR department and was granted an interview. Interview was the entire, met lots of staff. I also got a tour of the area. Overall extremely well organized interview, I was sent tons of info by Bassett before the interview to look over.

Director Interview

Interview

The interview process was very quick. It can sometimes be difficult to navigate as an internal candidate. A strong healthcare background is needed regardless of your role. Being able to identify a link to improving the patient experience is key. Also, it is good to have a strong personality and be able to make key decisions that impact an organization as a whole.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Healthcare Network.

Interview

I received a call within a couple of days of applying for this position. The first phone call I received was from HR The person left a message stating that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. I had to work pretty hard to get a hold of the person that called for a little more than a week. She set me up with an interview with someone else in the HR department. The phone interview was very pleasant, I was told what to expect, and was told that I could call her back with any questions I might have. A few weeks later I received requests for two other interviews in the department where I applied to work. Those were also very pleasant interviews. Other than the first contact, a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker. How did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cooperstown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Healthcare Network (Cooperstown, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first then an in person interview. Interviewed by two assistant nurse managers, one from the medical unit and one from the surgical in patient unit. Toured both floors.

Interview Questions

• Why I choose to interview at bassett.   1 Answer

Referral Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oneonta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bassett Healthcare Network (Oneonta, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Tough interview, two women in the room kind of making it hard to answer the questions they were asking me. By the end of the interview everyone was smiling and it turned out to be fine. I did not accept their offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be the referral coordinator and what makes you capable of fulfilling this position,   1 Answer

Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cooperstown, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bassett Healthcare Network (Cooperstown, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume. A recruiter called told me about the area. I had a phone interview with the Chief of Psychiatry. The hospital paid for me to come there for two nights. Full day of interviewing with various doctors, administrators, and NPs.