Bastian Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bastian Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.9

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bastian Solutions in March 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out and asked me to interview in Grand Rapids. After few days, the recruiter called and asked if I would be interested in relocating to Indianapolis - I replied with a "yes" in couple of hours. In a few days, I got an email saying sorry from talking to you it seemed like you don't want to move to Indianapolis. We want to proceed with other candidates. Thats it!

No one even offered to reimburse for my drive to their Grand Rapids office. Utter disregard of candidate's time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bastian Solutions (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying through their website, I immediately heard back from an HR rep. I spoke with her and she decided to move me on to an interview with the Hiring manager and a senior employee via conference call. Shortly after that interview I was asked to travel to their headquarters in Indianapolis to provide a final interview.

On the day of the interview, I spent an hour with a potential colleague talking about his job and what my job responsibilities would be. Then I went to lunch with the hiring manager and two other potential colleagues. I was then supposed to go on a site tour, but it was cancelled then I went into an actual interview. It had 7 people including the President, Hiring Manager, and HR Rep. Four of the interviewers were on via conference call, including the president. The interview itself was very one-sided as the President asked almost all of the questions (and any questions with actual substance). A few days later, the HR Rep informed me via phone that they would be moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Is this, truly, an Industry that you see yourself in? How would you handle the steep learning curve?   1 Answer
    • Have you been in a situation where you needed to tell a customer that they were wrong?   1 Answer
    • While working in a team project, what role would you normally assume?   1 Answer

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bastian Solutions (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Saw the job posting online. Applied for it online. Recruiter reached out and we had short phone interview. First in-person interview was with 3 people. Second was with same 2 people as before plus 2 additional. The questions asked were the same in each interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bastian Solutions (Louisville, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by 2 face-to-face interviews. The final face-to-face interview was with the C-level execs. and other managers.

Despite making it that far, the managers or HR did not have the courtesy to send a personalized message or call otherwise and instead replied with a cold automated message.....'background was not a good fit.' Also outright unresponsive to emails when requesting feedback to understand where things fell short.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bastian Solutions (Louisville, KY) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview is in several stages. Phone screen is the first step, followed by a technical interview. Final stage is a round table interview with management and senior employees of the company. I felt this process was one of the best ones I had a chance to participate. I was very comfortable accepting the position, since I felt I met most of the people I would be working directly with. I was impressed with the knowledge of team members and saw an opportunity to learn from the team if I get hired. Meeting senior management of the company gave me an impression they care about each employee and how that individual fits into the fabric of the company.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about C#, .Net and SQL. On the last interview a lot of general questions.   Answer Question

Technical Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bastian Solutions.

Interview

I had two interviews at one of the company branches and most of the questions were relevant to the position. They seem to try and keep up with the technology. They also are big on certifications.

Very professional HR department. The company's policy seemed a bit stringent as far as work schedule and telecommuting. Benefits package was very weak compared to other places. I would say that is typical for a small company of their size though.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was out of the blue and had nothing to do with the position.   Answer Question

Accepted another opportunity

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bastian Solutions (Louisville, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

Simple and easy interview. They just asked basic questions related to software testing and about my experience. Interview process consist of phone screening by HR person and two technical group interviews.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bastian Solutions (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

tele call interview start with some basic questions. Then, the recruiter asked some technical questions about project management and process control. Last, she asked some opinions about overnight shift and travel percentages.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bastian Solutions in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was group interview, it appeared that no one was prepared for it. They were disorganized and only wanted to review the resume, that was it. Nothing to read on body language or facial expressions during the interview. It was very disappointing.