Battelle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Battelle (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It was a panel interview with the department staff. That can cause some stress, but they were very nice and straight forward. I was surprised to get the offer for the job. I didn't think my experience matched the job requirements.

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Battelle in September 2012.

Interview

It was a very positive experience being hired on.

Interview Questions

• There really were not any difficult or unexpected questions. They just wanted to get to know me and make sure I was a good fit for the culture   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate if you have the skills needed.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Battelle (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

I thought I met "recruiters" at a university job fair, but it turns out later it was my boss and department managers which was nice. I talked to them for 10 minutes and something on my resume really jumped out at them because they set up an interview the next day for a part time position. We talked for about 30 minutes and they asked about past work and projects as well as "ideas" I had about any personal projects for the future.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard or unexpected. A bunch of questions how I could have made previous projects/code more object oriented.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation since it was part time internship. They called and told me the offer and asked if I wanted to start processing the paperwork.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Battelle in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was set up by email and it was a 30 min phone interview. The interview process started with questions regarding your background as well as a short explanation of their work culture. They then proceed to ask you questions about your resume and ask you to detail your past experiences. Then they ask some really simple questions about some technical knowledge about statistics and a little about algorithm and data structures.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions as all questions are fundamentals of the CS field.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Battelle (Peoria, AZ) in February 2009.

Interview

Unorganized 2 of the people I was going to interview with and work with were out of the country on business. Reschedule, right?

Interview Questions

• Such a simple unorganized interview, that was the most unexpected thing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer, and I needed a job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Battelle in November 2016.

Interview

I pplied online through the Battelle website. Then I had a brief phone screening and phone interview. Afterwards was a group/panel interview. The offer was made a week after the panel interview. The employees at Battelle were pleasant to talk to. They asked questions about me, my resume, and a few technical questions.

Statistician Interview

Interview

Very structured interview. You speak to a lot of different people in the department. It also concluded with a lunch at a pretty expensive restaurant

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Battelle.

Interview

A surprise phone interview for 37 min. I talked to a group of statisticians as well as HR. Everyone introduced their projects and asked my coursework in detail. It was a combination of behavior questions and technical questions. I was in panic and did not purposely prepare for this position.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Wanted to know my experience with chemical weapons and my experience with analytical instruments including GC/MS including how to tune a mass spec. Also asked about my supervisory experience and my Ph.D research .

Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Battelle (Arlington, VA) in May 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with my direct manager. He was very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Explained the position well. He had a very good presence and this extended to the actual work environment. He worked hard on the contract side-by-side with everyone else, giving a positive impression to everyone in our sector. Unlike many other managers who relied on their staff too heavily, he was part of the team.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions but did ask questions appropriate to the position. Wanted to know my long term plans.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was fairly set based on the position, but able to get a modest increase and a signing bonus

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Battelle.

Interview

Seemed fairly routine. A three-member panel with straight forward questions. Nothing wild or crazy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very cordial.