Batteries Plus Bulbs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Batteries Plus Bulbs Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Batteries Plus Bulbs.

Interview

Very casual. Basic questions about experience and days and hours available. Friendly. My biggest negative about the experience is that nobody called or wrote back to me to let me know the outcome of the interview. If you take the time to interview someone, you should at least have the professionalism to send them a thanks but no thanks letter.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartland, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Batteries Plus Bulbs (Hartland, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with Network Manager for 30 minutes then Network Team for 30 minutes. The atmosphere was very relaxed and they explained that they realize that I am just coming out of school and that they would be providing a lot of hands on experience which would allow us to advance in our careers.
    This would be an awesome corporate culture to work in.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Batteries Plus Bulbs (Littleton, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, a week later I was contracted by the local franchisee's Administrative Assistant. I was told that the store I applied for already had a manager at that location, but they needed a manager at another location. She asked if I would be interested in a position at the other location, I stated to her that I would be so she set up an person interview with two District Managers at the store location I had applied for. The interview with the two District Managers was an average interview and they seems very interested in my past work history and level of knowledge and vast skill set. About a week later I received another call from the Administrative Assistant, she wanted to set up a second interview with the Franchisee CEO for the following week. The second interview was also an average interview and the CEO was very skilled and interesting to talk with. I was told that I'd be hiring from one of the District Manager. At the end of the week I sent the Administrative Assistant a thank you email thanking her for the opportunity to be interviewed, she sent a reply back the next day stating that I WAS still under consideration for the position. It's been two weeks since that contract and I haven't been contacted back again and no offer has been received.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Batteries Plus Bulbs.

Interview

Basic interview. First interview was with a manager. Second was with the district manager. Interview seemed slightly intense but all questions asked were generic. They seemed to be very interesting during the interview process. Everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. They start everyone at the same amount.

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Batteries Plus Bulbs (Mechanicsville, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an 11:30am appointment, but the manager saw me around 12-ish. It wasn't stressful, but I was very hungry (had breakfast around 6:30 for some reason), and couldn't remember it all very much. I had a great time and the interviewer reminded me of this guy I knew in grade school. Anyway, everything was great.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this would be a great opportunity for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everything went very smoothly.

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Batteries Plus Bulbs (Hartford, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

Spoke twice with Corporate Human Resources person, who was quite nice and very knowledgeable. She reviewed my employment history and asked questions to determine whether there would be skills I had that could be transferable to the position she was hiring for. She quizzed me regarding salary/bonus ranges & structures from my previous positions and gave only modest indication of what this job would pay. She indicated that there was unlimited upside potential.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was comfortable working from a home office and traveling in a specific territory. Also I was asked how I interacted with a variety of stakeholders in a business setting.   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Batteries Plus Bulbs.

Interview

Received a phone call the day prior, to schedule an appointment to speak with the interview specialist. Speaking with her was very easy, welcoming and helpful. It was a phone interview and, it was nice to go over the needs of the business and how I might be of service. I felt like she understood my goals and was willing to place me in the right direction.

Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schererville, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Batteries Plus Bulbs (Schererville, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

They asked me a few questions regarding school and interests. It was smooth process which didn't prevent me from getting the job very soon after. Pretty much I got the job very soon and didn't have to work much on preparing a speech or cheat sheet that I had to study. I just had a conversation with the manager as well as the owner of the store and I got the job afterwards. I'd suggest you don't be worried or nervous, just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What is something I enjoy doing in my downtime?   1 Answer

Key Holder Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Batteries Plus Bulbs (Goldsboro, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with francise general manger and with store manager in attendance for @ 25 minutes. Had to follow up in person, found I was not selected for the position (if there was one that was actually open)

Interview Questions

• How do you handle situations where safety is compromised?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Batteries Plus Bulbs (Greenville, SC).

Interview

This was a little less than what you would normally expect out of an interview but pretty basic. Manager is young and far from being mature and ready for this position. If he thinks you will be friends and have fun then youre good, probably not gonna get hired if he doesn't like the way you look or if he thinks you are more talented in anyway.