Beauty Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beauty Brands Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.2

Finance Interview

Interview

Submitted resume online. Got a call from a lady at BeautyBrands. Set up a time for 3 days later. Met with VP of HR she was very friendly, then met with the controller, Accounting Manager and CFO.

I was offered a job rather quickly which was nice. I did decline position as the CFO and Controller seemed like they would be difficult. Otherwise good experience with the rest

Interview Questions

• The CFO was very condescending. She didn't appear to have real knowledge of the position. She didn't appear be easy to work for. She asked if I thought I could do the job?   1 Answer
    • The CFO got a piece of paper out to write examples of debits credits and formulas to see if I understood her.   1 Answer
    • Controller interview- she wanted to know about excel skills. She seemed like a puppet to CFO. She asked about pivot tables and excel questions. Asked how I dealt with difficult co-workers. Made it clear they had an issue. Very unprofessional   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Beauty Brands.

Interview

Interview process went very well. Met with 3 different people in the company. Everything seemed to be going well. It's been over a month since the interview and I have yet to hear back from the company whether they have filled the position or not. Even after multiple calls and emails teaching out to follow up. Very unprofessional to not get back with individuals who interviewed for a position.

CSS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Wentzville, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I walked in filled out the application and was hired on the spot. They asked my availability and if i was in school or not. They ask if you have experience with customers. Do you work well with a team?

Interview Questions

• Have i ever been fired for stealing?   1 Answer

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Kansas City, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with HR Director. Then met with Payroll manager, then met with Finance manager. I felt like the interview went well and I had the skills they wanted. They told me I would be asked back to meet Director of finance. But, 6 weeks later, I haven't heard anything. No regret email no message that they went in a different direction or their timeline has changed, just complete silence. I followed up with thank you notes the day after, a week later an email and 2 weeks later another email. No reply. I am very disappointed with the lack of professionalism but feel like I may have dodged a bullet.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had previously gone into the store to see if they were currently hiring and was given an application form to fill out for the position. About a day later I took the form back into the store and heard from them a day later. I received a call from one of their managers who asked me a few brief/easy questions and was told to come into the store to speak with the location store manager. A spoke with her and things easily flowed from there. I was being trained a few days later.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Topeka, KS).

Interview

Short lots of good questions some dumb ones too the person that interviewed me was nice but when i first arrived early so i could observe and look around i knew i would not fit in there

Interview Questions

• What animal are u most like ?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beauty Brands in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager reached out to me via email. I responded back right away. She didn't contact me again for an additional month asking to meet. I agreed and she didn't reply back until after the day she said she wanted to meet. Finally she got me in with another manager. The interview went great and she seemed interested. The down side was she said she wasnt the one who made the final decision. Unfortunately for me it was the manager that I didn't feel a good rapport from. A day later that manager sent an email stated I wasn't chosen which was expected since she wasn't good about communication up until this point.

Interview Questions

• How would I go about recruiting new hires   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Lakewood, CO).

Interview

Their online job application is the best one I have ever submitted. There are no psychological profile tests or even filling out past work experience. Just name, phone number, and the option to upload a resume. Later on that day I got a call from the store manager and set up an interview for the following day. The interview went well and she was getting a feel for me while also explaining the job. A few hours later I got a call with an offer. They didn't offer me a beauty advisor position because I haven't worked a beauty counter before, but it's fine because I am planning on transitioning to the salon anyway. I'm excited to start and grateful that the process wasn't long and drawn out!

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Peoria, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy if you interview with the right manager, sometimes I got the assistant manager then the general manager. Asked very basic questions about customer service and how to handle clients and multitasking.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Beauty Brands.

Interview

The General manager will call you to set interview date and will ask a few questions about availability. First interview is a meet and greet with a tour and explanation of expectations. The second interview is your technical and final interview and will determine your standing.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with double booking clients ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to choose from a nice variety of schedule structures and I'm able to change those as I need to for clientele.