Beauty Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.1

Hair Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It was very short and to the point. It was very relaxed and open to questions. Almost all aspects of employment were covered and due to my years of experience and a small portfolio no technical interview was requested.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to work Friday nights.   1 Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lees Summit, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Lees Summit, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

Put in my application online, called the same day and got an interview right away. Went in for the interview she told me she would give me a call back the next day and she did to offer me the job. I declined the offer due to the amount of work shift leaders do for the little pay of $9.00 where I live

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

You apply, get a phone call to schedule a time. Go in an meet your boss. Ask why you want to work their. Show ressume. Get offered the job or told be called back

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Houston, TX).

Interview

Walked in and they hired me on the spot. No skills test although they did start doing that with new hires after me. It was very laid back. Started working the next day.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Beauty Brands in May 2017.

Interview

Sent resume got email for interview for following week. The district manager was late like 10 min interview process was easy then got email that she would contact me at the end of the week, no response I e mailed wanted to know where I stood no response, e-mail back 2 weeks later said my application got water damage needed to re do and would reach out on Monday no reach out for 2 weeks then e mail stating they went another way . I am glad did not like the way things were handled I can only image working there !

Finance Interview

Interview

Submitted resume online. Got a call from a lady at BeautyBrands. Set up a time for 3 days later. Met with VP of HR she was very friendly, then met with the controller, Accounting Manager and CFO.

I was offered a job rather quickly which was nice. I did decline position as the CFO and Controller seemed like they would be difficult. Otherwise good experience with the rest

Interview Questions

• The CFO was very condescending. She didn't appear to have real knowledge of the position. She didn't appear be easy to work for. She asked if I thought I could do the job?   1 Answer
    • The CFO got a piece of paper out to write examples of debits credits and formulas to see if I understood her.   1 Answer
    • Controller interview- she wanted to know about excel skills. She seemed like a puppet to CFO. She asked about pivot tables and excel questions. Asked how I dealt with difficult co-workers. Made it clear they had an issue. Very unprofessional   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Tucson, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

There were 2 different interviews, that were pointless, leading to a 10PM phone call saying I got the job. Should of known by the late phone call that the professionalism is lacking here. Great people they just don't have a clue what they're doing.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Beauty Brands.

Interview

Interview process went very well. Met with 3 different people in the company. Everything seemed to be going well. It's been over a month since the interview and I have yet to hear back from the company whether they have filled the position or not. Even after multiple calls and emails teaching out to follow up. Very unprofessional to not get back with individuals who interviewed for a position.

CSS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Wentzville, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I walked in filled out the application and was hired on the spot. They asked my availability and if i was in school or not. They ask if you have experience with customers. Do you work well with a team?

Interview Questions

• Have i ever been fired for stealing?   1 Answer

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Beauty Brands (Kansas City, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with HR Director. Then met with Payroll manager, then met with Finance manager. I felt like the interview went well and I had the skills they wanted. They told me I would be asked back to meet Director of finance. But, 6 weeks later, I haven't heard anything. No regret email no message that they went in a different direction or their timeline has changed, just complete silence. I followed up with thank you notes the day after, a week later an email and 2 weeks later another email. No reply. I am very disappointed with the lack of professionalism but feel like I may have dodged a bullet.