Beauty Systems Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beauty Systems Group Interview Questions

2.3

Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Beauty Systems Group (Ontario, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process included phone screening by HR, This was followed by an interview with local management. This was then followed by an interview with the Sales manager's boss.
    It was a professional process

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about previous experience and whether I was self motivated.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Beauty Systems Group in January 2015.

Interview

In person application filled out. They didn't get back to me until a month later! Got a call for an in person interview, took it. Two weeks later I was hired. Sort of long process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions such as have you sold beauty products before   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation on wage. I was offered a wage and given the option to accept the offer entirely or decline

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Beauty Systems Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very random, saw job posted on glass window when I did my shopping there. Originally part time position but within a few days 3 other employees left and they were having a very high turnover. Met with several "store managers" , although they were all sweet, the fact that there was just high amount of people constantly leaving was a major concern.

Interview Questions

• Why retail? Can you work odd hours, do you like unpacking a truck.   Answer Question

Overall experience was pleasant but didn't feel this was the company I would grow in.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beauty Systems Group.

Interview

Submitted an application at a store location and received a call for an interview the next day. The questions were fairly basic ones, It was very easy.

Interview Questions

• None, just you basic "why do you want to work for us" questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Beauty Systems Group (Chambersburg, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

I handed in an application and was immediately scheduled for an interview. The next day I interviewed with the store manager and her assistant. They asked tons of questions, most of them the same questions except worded differently.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult, they just asked two full pages worth of them.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beauty Systems Group.

Interview

Had one interview for a new store that was opening. Interview was with DM and recently hired SM. DM asked most of the questions. SM was obviously not confident in role. Was asked questions from a piece of paper, nothing on the spot or personal. Asked a lot of scenario questions and how I have handled certain situations in the past.
    Was told I was applying for Assistant Manager position, only to later find out there was no Assistant Manager position. I ended up being told that I could be hired as a sales associate and then after a month become an Assistant Manager. Later I found out that was not true.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was a lie. I was talked way down and told that after a month I would be given a promotion to management and a raise. This never happened. Was my own mistake though for taking the DM's word.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beauty Systems Group (Miami, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Did one interview and pretty much got hired on the spot.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Beauty Systems Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

so long ago I don't remember, I was a sore associate interviewing for the store manger position, it was a very simple process. the original manager was going to manage another store

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beauty Systems Group (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

3 page interview questionnaire that repeats the same questions over and over. I had 3 interviews before I was hired.

Outside Sales Consultant, Kelowna, BC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Beauty Systems Group (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Was called in twice within a year for face to face interview then spent over an hour on online problem solving questionnaire. Both times I had no follow up and when I finally tracked down manager to get an update I received a short reply saying someone else was hired but wanted to keep my resume in file. Poor follow through as a result, especially with the amount of time devoted by prospected employer. They only hire 12 mos. contracted employees btw.

Interview Questions

• Online survey asking problem solving and algebra questions. Not sure why tho. Very time consuming, well over an hour.   Answer Question